IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Day 78, January 17, 2023

Got 15 minutes in before my first lesson showed up today. Then hit some flop shots with some of my other students while waiting on another student.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 8: Spent a lot of time at the club today.

Spent 30 focused minutes doing slow backswings focused on turning and staying in posture. It is surprisingly hard to do it the right way even when going slow.

Took 27 balls to hit the target about 70 yards from the tees. It's frustrating to hit a good one, have it land a hard before the target, then see it roll under. Only a clang counts.

I hit a few drivers just to swing it after doing so much focused work with my 8 iron.

Then went and did my chipping game, getting my best 5 foot radius score so far.

Day 16 (18 Jan 23) - Continued work on the grip focused primarily on the left (lead) hand, also worked on Day 28 of the Covid 19 Practice Plan where I had a stick locked behind my back and worked on rotating into the backswing thru to finish, focused on keeping the stick along the sight line. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 31 - Nice day today so I spent about 20 minutes hitting short (7 to 15 yard) wedge shots in the yard with my 59* wedge. My intention was to make good contact (not easy off winter turf in the yard) and hit a landing area. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 31. SuperSpeed squeeze training and some slow swing work.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 49: 1/18/2023

I've been hitting a lot of balls lately. Many in slow motion, many with focuses on my priority pieces. So, today I just did mirror work. But I did it often. Several times during the day I walked over to the mirror and worked on making backswings without moving my head so much. Basically sticking my right hip into an imaginary wall and then spinning my chest up the wall. I did it without a club, I did it with a piece of PVC pipe and a split grip, I did it with a club. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator

Day 79, January 18, 2023

Quick one today. At least five minutes, but… got it in.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 17 (19 Jan 23) - Weather breaks (temps in the 60's today in Eastern NC) - so my son and I opt to play 18 at Minnesott.   Used the easy pace to focus on the grip and setup and staying in the "routine" on each shot.  The grip change still feels a little "odd" but seeing better results across the bag reinforces that I am on a better ball striking track.  My son even noted that I was drawing the ball more consistently.  Now to make the grip process more or less "automatic" so that it just becomes what I do in the pre-shot setup. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 32 - More indoor putting practice today. Checked face contact using a dry erase marker and a piece of masking tape on the face (hit the sweet spot consistently),

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 32. Some slow swing work indoors.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 50: 01/19/2023

I had big plans to do a lot today. Unfortunately my work stuff heated up and I had to stomp out about a million fires. So, all I got to do was mirror work. More of the head still, hip into the wall, spin your ribs up the wall drill in front of the mirror. 
I got to do it without a club, with PVC and with a 7 iron. So that's good. Not all of what I wanted, but better than nothing. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator
21 hours ago, DeadMan said:

Day 18: Did mirror work while arguing with @iacas.

Team Jess!

Day 80, January 19, 2023

Went downtown early to get my TheraCane thing. So, practiced early for 15 minutes today.

Day 19: Did more mirror work today. Checking A2 and working on speeding up the early part of the backswing. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 20: went to a simulator for an hour. Played 18 holes and then hit on the range. Driver was a big pull hook, but irons were fine. Overall, pretty pleased with where I am in January.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 18 (20 Jan 23) - Continued work on the grip and setup.  Also incorporated Day 26 Tilt, Turn, Extend drill into the practice. Finished by hitting some easy 6 irons using hard foam balls.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star