IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 54: 1/23/2023

Backswing work. Several times in front of the mirror. Sometimes with a 7 iron, sometimes with a piece of PVC and a split grip, other times with no club at all. The focus is on my priority pieces, but secondary focus on keeping my head in relatively the same place as I tend to try to "reach backward". 

Edited by ChetlovesMer
put the wrong day

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 21 (23 Jan 23) - Played 18 with son and grandson (grand's first time walking with his cart he got for Christmas - wound up walking all 18 (pretty good for a 6 yr old)).  Had a good friend join us for the back nine.  Wound up being a good relaxing not necessarily good scoring round.   

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 84, January 23, 2023

15 minutes before spending the day with @cedrictheo. Also, poor Andrew.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 23: Mirror work today. Same thing - checking grip and A2. Also working on speeding up early and slowing down as I approach transition. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 22 (24 Jan 23) - Putting drills to start the day, worked on lagging the shot from 4' and 8'.  Used the auto-kickback target cup to set the distance - stroke was pretty consistent averaging 6 of 10 in the cup and misses staying within 18" of the target.   Moved outside to work on 50yd chips and pitches.  My target was 52yds (per the range finder) so I setup to hit with the 58, PW and 8i off the mat.  Continued the same setup process I have been working on within the less palmy grip, keeping torso centered and getting weight fwd into the downswing.  Seeing small improvements from ball striking to landing close to target with these changes.   Like this drill of varying the clubs as it allows me to work on the "around the green scenarios" and how each club can offer different options.   

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 36 - Worked on chipping today, starting with my Orange Whip wedge, followed by short shots with my GW using an AlmostGolf ball. Focusing on making relaxed swings with a good tempo and always engaging the bounce (what mvmac would refer to as a "chitch"). 

Edited by Bob M
spelling
  • Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 36. Slow swings indoor without hitting balls. Worked on the feel of the arms lowering from the top.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 85, January 24, 2023

Worked for nearly 30 minutes. Hit about 11 balls. 🙂

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 55, 1/24/2023

Long day at work today.

So, when I got home I grabbed my 7 iron and spent 10 minutes doing slow motion swings in front of the mirror. 

I mostly focused on my backswing as that's where the priority pieces I'm working on are. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 24: putted on a call and did a super speed session. 

-- Daniel

Day 36 - Left hand only putts today, 3-5 feet. Intentionallity was to take 2 practice strokes looking at the line, place the putter behind the ball and go. Didn't always do this, but left hand only putts are beginning to feel much less awkward. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 36. Slow swings indoors again. Wrist is sore but I can’t figure out what cause is.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 23 (25 Jan 23) - Worked on grip and overall setup.  Made some 1/2 - 3/4 swings.  Last drill that I will report for a while as will be traveling.  Plan to pick it back up first full week of Feb. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 86, January 25, 2023

Got downtown before @cedrictheo so put in some time hitting balls working on the backswing. Same stuff, through January. Nearly there now though.

Day 14/15 jan 25: squeezed 5 minutes of work on my setup posture. Busy day and feel lucky to have gotten this squeezed in. Was pretty hard to focus as my mind kept wandering back to work stuff so not sure how productive it really was.

Edited by marklemcd

Day 25: Did mirror work today. Still same still - grip check, A2 check, and speeding up the early part of the backswing. 

-- Daniel