IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Day 149, March 29, 2023

Had a long day - lessons, club fitting in Buffalo - so I hit some putts and made some practice swings in the glass patio door reflections while watching the ANWA.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 13:

Did same 5SK drill as yesterday (flat wrist), with almost golf balls. Only got in about 10 minutes due to rain. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 33 (30 Mar 23) - Setup work, added focus on shoulder angle thru swing using 7i across the chest to reflect shoulder angle thru swing (slo-mo).  Hit a few hard foam balls afterwards to further rehearse the rotation process. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 2. Some indoor work and a Fit for Golf workout.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 9: Today was about 45 minutes of swinging. Going from just drill swings to over exaggerating rehearsals and then full swings. I think at times I need to just take an athletic swing and let the body move as it’s been rehearsing. 

worked on set up and alignment today as well. More or less just checking things off. Today was a good day….

Day 5: 30 Mar

Repeat of yesterday - plenty of takeaway drills to try and make a deep turn part of my normal game. Added ~20mins of indoor putting practice to finish.

Day 11: 3/30/2023

I went to the outdoor range today and it was closed to reseed the teeing areas. ... Bummer... 😢

So, instead I worked on my priority pieces both in the garage and in front of the mirror. 
I also did some mirror and gate putting on the office putting mat using the Perfect Putt Target. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator

Day 150, March 30, 2023

Hit the new MP-33s. 7I, PW, and 2I. Hit them pretty well, to be honest.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 13:

Did more flat wrist drill, 15 balls. Then did the towel drill for low point practice, 15 more balls. Doing these drills that deconstruct the swing a bit usually help me recover when I am struggling with swing.

Then hit some almost golf balls with driver in the dark.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 6 3/30/23

Worked indoors on backswing turn and pressure shift to lead side. 

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Day 88: worked on AimPoint with my slope board. Also did a super speed session. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 3. Played my first round of the year with my wife, a local 9 hole course. Had some sketchy shots early on including a shank on my first iron shot (Thanks @Vinsk!). I did par a few holes and had a nice 4 iron on a par three into the wind.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 89: Played 9 holes is some windy conditions (30 mph, gusting into the 50s). I was playing it as a 4-5 club wind into it, 2 club wind with it. Actually very pleased with how I played, even though I was +6. Nearly holed out from 90 yards for a 2, played the wind perfectly a few times, and generally good contact.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 34 (31 Mar 23) - Played 18 today at Minnesott.  Was able to get out ahead of the Friday scramble, able to work on multiple shots into the green as I was staying about 3 holes ahead of the next closest group.  Was like being on the range but the scenery was always changing. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 8: Stack training session 6. E-speed dropped to 104 from 105. Thought I could pass my previous high but came up just short.  Finished the night with metronome practice with my putter.

• Administrator

Day 151, March 31, 2023

Got some work in after lessons. Mostly full swing, but just a little putting, too.