IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

18 hours ago, iacas said:

Day 192, May 11, 2023

Got my practice in today watching everyone take five putts on the sixth hole at NCAA Nationals. Yow!

Wow - that hole was a real bear - Natalie’s video made Golf Digest’s online post…

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 4 - Friday night 9-hole league this evening on the back 9 at North Kingstown. Got my first birdie of the year on 17!

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

• Administrator

Day 193, May 12, 2023

Worked on putting vicariously. 😛 

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 4:

Lesson today.

• Setup: Feet were way too narrow, like short game shot narrow, maybe 8" between my feet. No idea how I got there. If I was more diligent about filming practice I probably could have avoided that (💡). My backswing "stuck" feeling was more a symptom of not having a stable/athletic base to make a turn. Easy fix, but feels weird. After lesson I hit a bunch of 6-iron just adjusting to the change. 🤦‍♂️
  • Backswing: A touch inside, but only intermittently, not every swing, maybe 1 of 5. A slight feel of forward wrist hinge at start of backswing takes care of it.
  • Downswing: Need to drop arms/hands first before turning. I was moving shoulders and arms/hands at the same time, causing some steepness Feel of dropping hands to start transition is something I have worked on before, so this is something I have worked on previously. It helps when I feel a tiny pause between end of backswing and start of downswing.
  • Downswing 2: Secondary, after the first part is engrained, is a feel of hands low and a flat shaft through impact. This changed strikes from 1-2deg toe down to neutral at impact. But I need to get comfortable with the hands dropping element first.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 47: May 12

Continued with transition drills, trying to get a better sense of sequencing. Rotate hips, my hands fall naturally “behind me”, then rotate my shoulders through impact. I just need to be mindful of not introducing any steepening of the club shaft.

Day 7. Worked on pitching from different lies in the backyard.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 77 (13 May 23) - Worked start line for putting today.  Put a small piece of blue painter’s tape (about 1” square) on the carpet about a foot out.  Worked on aligning the putt to where I had to roll the putt across the tape and to the target point about 6’ out and having it finish no more than 18” past.  Had a good relaxed session working on this piece.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 194, May 13, 2023

Practiced wrist conditions in the car while driving about 12 hours. Stopped at two Buc-ee's, though, as well.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 26: mirror work today. Working on cleaning up a few things from yesterday - steeper back swing and then rerouting the club more outside in transition. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 48: May 13

Essentially a repeat of yesterday: transition drills, trying to get a better sense of sequencing

Day 52:5/14/23

Stack Neural training early this morning prior to church and Mother’s Day activities.  Stuck at 104 MPH, which is what I was able to hit prior to starting. I have been longer on the course with woods and hybrids.

Day 49: May 14

Net session, originally trying to continue with a better sequence of hips. Then recorded a couple of swings and spotted that I’m overswinging. So focused on that instead; previously I’ve overswung by adding a wrist flex that’s opening the face. I’m not doing that now - the “overswing” is due to higher hands. Plus there’s no early release happening (good!). Something to chat about with coach to make sure I’m on the right track.

Also spent time working on short game (10-20 yd touch shots). There’s inconsistencies, but also evidence of improved touch and feel.

Day 8. Mothers Day, so I only got in a few minutes work indoors on my backswing.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 5:

Forgot to post yesterday, but did some full swing practice working on stuff from lesson, and some short game drills. Played 18 today, very early morning pre-mother's day activity round. Round was okay, poor approach play, and didn't putt great.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 20 - Forgot to post yesterday but I chipped, putted, and worked on driver swing some. Quality of strike dramatically increased when I teed it up like half an inch higher.

Today I did more of the same, chipped, putted, hit a few balls. Iron strike is very solid and priority piece is starting to feel more normal. Spending a lot of time on short game and putting this past week in preparation for a member guest tournament on Wednesday.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Day 78 (14 May 23) - Cross armed rotation work - worked on weight shift, getting weight forward at the top of the backswing and pushing up w/lead foot on downswing.  The latter is something I have slowly worked up to over the past couple of years.  The skin on that foot still doesn’t like that kind of pressure.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star