IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 26: Jul 8

Range day. I still feel that my good shots happen when I make a full turn, focusing on getting the club behind me. Bad shots feel like I’m chopping down on the ball with 3-wood; I think I’m getting too steep in my downswing. 

Made a point during this session of trying to have a pre-shot routine before each shot; again, the perception I’m getting is that a practice swing before settling into the shot is resulting in a better strike. Almost feels like I’m reminding myself what I should be doing before stepping into the shot. Something to stay with during practice tomorrow.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 2 July 8th, 2023

Played 9 holes with some friends this morning. 

Edited by saevel25

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 18 (8 Jul 23) - midday solo round at Minnesott.  Played from the regular tees, focused on setup, pre-shot routine, trusting the shot especially all the up and downs for par (9 holes)….green-side game happening today.  Shot a personal best of 80 (37 front, 43 back) could have easily been well below that as I had two doubles and three bogies on the back.  Goes to say that daily focused practice does pay!!

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 27: Jul 9

Range session. At least I got some exercise! Then settled down and focused on rhythm, which had a positive impact. Ended the session well.

Day 3, July 9th, 2023

Went to the range and worked on backswing length and making solid contact. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

• Administrator

Day 251, July 9, 2023

Rehearsals is all I have energy to do.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 19 (9 Jul 23) - busy day that turned into a rainy afternoon, opted to work on putter tempo.  Set up targets (think cat’s mice toys (about 2”)) - one about 5’ and another about 8’.  Goal was to line to the target and roll the ball to just meet the target.  Also used the drill to focus on the starting line for the putts.  A good session of working on start line and tempo. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 74 - The Stack training session

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood
Irons: :titleist: U505 (3)  :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   :titleist: SM9 54/58  
Putter: :tmade: Spider X

Day 1. Took a couple of days off. Did SuperSpeed training as part of my Fit for Golf workout. Worked on swing flow at the end as a warm down.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 4, July 10th, 2023

Went to the range at lunch. Still working on keeping the backswing shorter, and trying to implement getting the hands down better. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Day 75 - Quick range session this morning. Hit it alright, lacking feel on wedges from about 30-70yds right now but other than that not too bad. 

Getting more used to the proper setup position and still focusing on my left shoulder priority piece.

Day 20 (10 Jul 23) - easy pitches w/54* today in the backyard w/son and grandson.  Focused on target landing point.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 252, July 10, 2023

Practiced some short game with @NatalieB at Woodmont.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 5, July 11th, 2023

Went to the range at lunch. Saw some success with the backswing. Also worked on my short game for a bit. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Day 28: Jul 11

Played a round on an away day. Different course, fast undulating greens, questionable short game and some occasional wayward drives. But still managed to play to hcap…which I’m secretly excited about.

I really need to become more accurate with my short game. Too often I put myself around the green in regulation/one over regulation, then proceeded to execute poorly and end up scrambling to finish the hole cleanly (not always successfully). These are the things that are turning realistic bogey/par opportunities into ugly numbers.

Day 21 (12 Jul 23) - Played an easy 18 hole round with w/my son, grandson and a good friend.  Several missed opportunities for par as well as birdie  - course management off a little today.  Definitely not the up and down smoothness I had the other day.        

Edited by WillieT

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 76 - Played 18 holes. Pretty solid day overall, wasn't too far off from it being a great day. 

Couple missed short putts and a couple penalty strokes hurt. Plus a couple lip outs from long range.

Drove it really well again, irons and wedges were solid, putter wasn't too bad even with the missed short ones

Short game wasn't great. hit quite a few poor pitch/chip shots on what should have been routine up and downs (or at least routine to get it within say 10 feet)