IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 56: 4/19/2024

Okay, even though I'll be teeing it up in a tournament in less than a week. I couldn't find time to get to the range today. 

I spent time on the indoor putting mat. 

And I spent time in front of the mirror with my 7 iron. Then again later with the driver. 

I also thoroughly cleaned all my clubs. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 1- Missed a couple of days lately so I'll start over. Slow, short swings with short practice club. 

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

• Administrator

Day 536, April 20, 2024

Full swing work for a bit. Not my best today. Not as good as the outdoor session. Improved once I put some things down. I rely a bit too much indoors on the mats on letting you hit it fat, so I don't use the lower body to get forward the right way sometimes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

day 37. Spent a little bit of time doing full swing technique practice and then doing the same with longer clubs to make it harder. 

April 2024 hcp: 20.3

Day 128 (20 Apr 24) - Hit a driving range near where grandson was to play baseball today.  Spent time working thru the bag, staying consistent with pre-shot routine.  There were a number of visual targets (old bus, bass boat, airplane carcass, etc)…used the range finder to shoot accurate distances and focused on trying place my shots left, right, short and long.  Overall a good session through the bag.  Yes, made my grandson’s game with loads of time to spare.

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 3: Did my Evolvr drill, did some in a park just before an outdoor wedding then in the parking lot outside the reception hall.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Day 285: busy day, so only had time for a quick putting session on my mat.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 9:

Did some indoor takeaway practice, then hit 20 balls working a feel for flow, and finished with some pitching practice. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 38. Got a good chunk of time in today. First technique work where I realized my path improves a lot when I relax and take the tension out of my shoulders. Then I have to remember to close the face. Both of these become more challenging when I’m physically tired. 

Followed that with Stack session. Finished my program and will post my progression once I’m done the follow up test in a couple of days. Will need to decide what program to do next - I like the shorter sessions especially during the season. 

April 2024 hcp: 20.3

Day 10:

Played 18 at an away course. Managed to turn a round with 5 penalty strokes into an 83. Two birdies and a 39 on the back-9 helped. Had a couple useful observations that I’m going to explore in practice this week. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 57: 4/21/2024

Okay, I forgot to post what I did yesterday. 😢

Today, I got my overspeed training in and worked a bit with the wedges in the basement. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 4: did my drill and hit a small bucket are the range

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

• Administrator

Day 537, April 21, 2024

Did some mirror work in the room. Backswing, downswing. Up/out, behind/roll.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 129 (21 Apr 24) -  Soggy, rainy day in Eastern NC.  Had a planning meeting after church, but did manage to get some swings in with the MacGregor 9i in the backyard while it was only spitting rain.  Worked on easy pitches to about 20yds, picking target point focused on getting the ball close….

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 116: 4/21/24

Stack Full Speed spectrum training session 1/24.  My 7th training session and 5th consecutive Full Speed spectrum training. Finished 5 mph below my max speed training in the last session but I was a little tired tonight.