IGNORED

Hard sided golf bag

Note: This thread is 2277 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I use a Club Glove bag.  Its not a hard case, but I've never had a problem with my clubs arriving safe.  A potential issue with a hard case is fitting it into the trunk of a rental car.  They also take a lot of space to store while you're not using them.

• Like 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

A potential issue with a hard case is fitting it into the trunk of a rental car.  They also take a lot of space to store while you're not using them

These are great points I had never considered, thank you. I have a "soft" bag, and have always thought a hard case would be easier to drag through the airport, but the cons you point out definitely outweigh my laziness.  I'll also tell the OP that I've traveled quite a bit with my clubs and have never had any damage. In fact, now that I think about it, there is probably more room for extra stuff like shoes and extra gear with the soft-sided bag.

I use to fly alot with my clubs. I used a soft Club Glove too. Never any problems. 

Mine was large enough to hold a large bag of clubs, with enough room left over, that it doubled as my suit case too. I would pack soft stuff around my club heads for added protection. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I have a Bag Boy soft sided travel case that I used one time about 9 years ago. It’s still in good condition so I’m thinking I will use it again. On the positive side, I’ll be able to put my golf shoes and stuff in it as well. 

I have a hard case and it isn't all that much bigger than my bag. I am not sure Id trust those baggage idiots with my clubs using a soft case. I also recommend using iron covers when travelling. I used to weave a towel between the clubs but the covers work better. Just don't use them any other time... ;-)

4 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

I use a Club Glove bag.  Its not a hard case, but I've never had a problem with my clubs arriving safe.  A potential issue with a hard case is fitting it into the trunk of a rental car.  They also take a lot of space to store while you're not using them.

^^^ This is very true and the reason I finally scrapped my hard case, they won't fit in any car trunk smaller than a full size SUV.

Try the clubglider, http://www.sunmountain.com/news/tag/clubglider/ by far the greatest travel bag I have ever used. Got mine at the 2008 Newport Cup. I have taken it all over the US and it still works like a charm. I always have people stop me in airports and ask me about it. I should get kickbacks from Sun Mountain I know I have sold 20 of them over the years. 

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

I had been looking at a SBK travel case which price wise would work out but I saw a few reviews that complained about there being no room to put their golf shoes in with their bag. When I went to Scottsdale years ago, and used my Bag Boy, I was able to put everything in there, including extra clothes. Bottom line is I want my clubs to arrive in 1 piece. 

Note: This thread is 2277 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!