IGNORED

2018 Honda Classic

iacas
Note: This thread is 2250 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiger  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Tiger Woods will __________ the cut at the 2018 Honda Classic? (Fill in the Blank)

• make
    • miss

Thomas said "****". Isn't that what Crosby said or is there some other word in this discussion?

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
33 minutes ago, caniac6 said:

I'm sorry, but words do matter. Just because Crosby uses that word, I wouldn't want my son to use it. There are words referring to race and gender that are unacceptable under any circumstances, no matter who gives them power. 

I don't understand that argument. What does Crosby or Thomas using a word have to do with your kid? Be a parent. My kid has been aware of the fact that there are curse words since she was probably three. She knows not to say them. I'm sure you've had similar conversations with your kids.

And this isn't about race or gender. This is about the F-word.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

I don't understand that argument. What does Crosby or Thomas using a word have to do with your kid? Be a parent. My kid has been aware of the fact that there are curse words since she was probably three. She knows not to say them.

Heck, my kids will occasionally say the "f" word*** and they're 8, 6 and 3.  :-O

***They know and sing along to songs from Hamilton, a couple of which have the word, and we just remind them that word is off limits except when they're with us listening to those songs.  That's pretty much all there is to it.

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

I don't understand that argument. What does Crosby or Thomas using a word have to do with your kid? Be a parent. My kid has been aware of the fact that there are curse words since she was probably three. She knows not to say them. I'm sure you've had similar conversations with your kids.

That is just not a socially acceptable word to use. My son was a stick boy for a minor league hockey team, and I told him that what he hears in the locker room, stays there. Do you use the F word around your wife and kids? Do you use it in your professional dealings? Please delete my account from your forum. I certainly don't need any advice from you on how to be a parent.

• Administrator
34 minutes ago, caniac6 said:

That is just not a socially acceptable word to use.

It can be. It's a ****ing word. It's in the title of books. My wife loved the book "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life". There's a coloring book with the word "****" in it. Songs have the word "****" in them. Movies. Cartoons.

Who says it's not a "socially acceptable word to use"? You?

Do you say it in church? No. Probably not. At a funeral? I've heard it used at a funeral, in a rousing toast to the deceased by the wife of the deceased. Brought the house down, her story that culminated (basically) in the use of the word.

My son was a stick boy for a minor league hockey team, and I told him that what he hears in the locker room, stays there.

Then you've done your job as a parent. What's it to you if Thomas uses it to express himself?

Do you use the F word around your wife and kids?

Sometimes. My wife has used it sometimes, too. My daughter knows what the limits are, and likely uses it amongst her friends, but hasn't yet around us. When she's 18, or 19, or 20… I'm expecting she'll eventually say it around us.

It's just a ****ing word.

Do you use it in your professional dealings?

Depends on what you mean. I've said "****" around some people in professional situations. I've heard a boss (during one of the few months in my life I had a boss) say "They really ****ed that up."

It's a ****ing word. You're giving it far, far too much power, IMO.

Please delete my account from your forum. I certainly don't need any advice from you on how to be a parent.

We don't delete accounts, and I didn't give you parenting advice. I simply have a different opinion than you on this. I don't like the robots we often see on the PGA Tour. I like seeing emotions. Golf is a trying game.

BTW, @caniac6, my wife read your post and my response and thinks you might enjoy the book as much as she did.

She also said she probably says the word "f-u-c-k" more than I do.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I don't have an issue with what JT said, it was a heat of the moment thing. It shows he really cares.

Pro golfers can't win, they either get crap for not showing enough emotion or crap for showing too much.

I like seeing those emotional "outbursts" because as golfers we've all felt those same feelings, good or bad.

1 hour ago, caniac6 said:

That is just not a socially acceptable word to use.

In a social setting it's probably one of the more popular words to use ;-)

Do you use the F word around your wife and kids?

Yes, depends on what I'm talking about, what emphasis I'm trying to convey, sometimes I just get angry and say a "bad" word, it's about context. I would watch PG-13 and some R rated movies with my sons when they were 12 and 10 years old. I told them it wasn't appropriate for them to use those words until they're older and my 16 year old only rarely says it front of us, mostly if he's quoting someone or telling a joke.

Do you use it in your professional dealings?

My boss/business partner is female and swears more than I do. With clients that I don't know, obviously not, like I said it's about context.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

She also said she probably says the word "f-u-c-k" more than I do.

Same here....and she's Canadian!

• Like 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 2250 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!