IGNORED

Best clubs of the last 5 years

Note: This thread is 2236 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

After dusting off my Titleist 695 CBs for the first time in 4-5 years I'm missing a PW. I figured rather than replace just my PW on a decade old set of clubs I would look for a decent set of less used clubs. So I'm looking for some tips on peoples favorite players irons over the past couple of years. Also looking to get a new (used (new to me)) 3 wood and 2-3 hybrid. Got any recommendations?

Edited by jshots

:whistle:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

They are not really within the last 5 years, but the Titleist 735cm are my most favorite set of irons i ever owned. I qualified for two USGA's gaming those. I still use the shafts from them in my AP2's. If I would have found a like new set of 735cm at the time i was looking for new irons, i probably would have just got another set of those. But Ive been gaming 714 AP2's the last couple years and Im very happy with them. Long irons are much easier to hit than the 735s were. 

I had a set of 695's too. Practiced with them for a few weeks and sold them. Wasn't a fan.

I'm a little biased, But Tour Edge Exotics made a the EX9 Tour Hybrids that were very good... if you want some that are good that a little older... Try the Titleist 913 line.... For irons, Probably the Mizuno Mp-5 line from I don't remember when, but they were a great iron. Hope my rambling helps.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Tour Edge and Cobra.

The Cobra FlyZ family FWs and Hybrids are really good. Note: The stock R-flex and senior-flex shafts are a bit heavier than those of most other companies.

The Hybrids are adjustable and have overlapping lofts:

• 2-3H = 16°-19° | 41.25" shafts
  • 3-4H = 19°-22° | 40.50"
  • 4-5H = 22°-25° | 39.75"

image.png.1dbc63d28aea84469ed085ac99efe6bb.pngThis means that you can "adjust" shaft length without actually cutting the shaft. For a season I played the 3-4H at 22°, but had control problems. So I bought the shorter-shafted 4-5H and have set it at 22°, and delofted the longer 3-4H to 19°.

No real yardage loss for the 4-5H at 22° + better control, but  the longer 3-4H set at 19° is still erratic.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

The dollar shave club would have to rank right up there.  Look what it has done to replacement blade prices.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

• Administrator

The Epic and the G400.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 2236 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!