IGNORED

2018 Memorial Tournament Presented by Nationwide

Frank-0-Sport
Note: This thread is 2151 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Just now, Shorty said:

Not even close. Check it again.

Uhhhhhhhhh…

Eagerly awaiting your response, @Shorty. :-P

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

Uhhhhhhhhh…

Eagerly awaiting your response, @Shorty. :-P

There are very few things you write that I would be prepared to argue about, Iacas - and there are probably fewer that either of us care enough to. My vision was tat the ball pitched about 2 feet short right of the hole bounced high and rolled on. But.. that did SOUND like it hitting the flag. I watched it in slo-mo four times. It is my opinion that it did not hit. :-)

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Jack seems a little set in the past. He said his caddies had to fill up, the bag, keep up, and shut up. We will never see those days again where you gave your caddy a fiver and didn’t even drive em home. Hahahahaha 

• Administrator
Just now, Shorty said:

There are very few things you write that I would be prepared to argue about, Iacas - and there are probably fewer that either of us care enough to. My vision was tat the ball pitched about 2 feet short right of the hole bounced high and rolled on. But.. that did SOUND like it hitting the flag. I watched it in slo-mo four times. It is my opinion that it did not hit. :-)

Yeah, sorry, but you're flat out 100% dead wrong.

• It sounded like it hit the flag.
  • The flag moved quite a bit (and not like it would in a little breeze, which wasn't around at the time anyway) right when the ball passed by it.
  • The announcers all said it.

The ball didn't bounce SHORT of the flag. It hit the flag on its way down and sat 5' or so behind the hole.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

-3.55 strokes gained putting for Tiger apparently. That's almost as bad as me!

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

9 minutes ago, iacas said:

The ball didn't bounce SHORT of the flag. It hit the flag on its way down and sat 5' or so behind the hole. 

Note the pitch mark short of the hole. There is also the shadow behind the flag of the ball after it has bounced. (It is still in the air after bouncing in this frame)

P6020037.JPG

Edited by Shorty

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Shorty said:

Note the pitch mark short of the hole. There is also the shadow behind the flag of the ball after it has bounced.

P6020037.JPG

You're on drugs or something.

The ball raked through the flag. End of story.

1 minute ago, iacas said:

You're on drugs or something.

The ball raked through the flag. End of story.

LOL - how did it pitch short of the hole? 

• Administrator

Here’s the ball immediately before it lands with the flag being disturbed.

image.jpg

Just now, Shorty said:

LOL - how did it pitch short of the hole? 

Uhhhh, it didn’t.

I'm not even sure you're talking about the right hole, dude. What hole are you showing us?

Tiger's ball raked the flag as it came down, and landed behind the hole.

Here you go, in 240 FPS if you can play it: https://cl.ly/2T210N1B1b0C/2018-06-01 19.24.26.mov or download it yourself: https://cl.ly/2T210N1B1b0C .

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

Here’s the ball immediately before it lands with the flag being disturbed.

image.jpg

Uhhhh, it didn’t.

We are going to agree to disagree here. Seems that your camera angle and mine are not the same. What I saw (and continue to see) is the ball pitching just short of the hole - you can see the pitchmark - and bouncing away. My guess is that if we saw each other's feed we'd agree with each other. :-) My camera angle is pretty much behind the hole. Yours seems to be a few metres to the right.

OK - just saw it from your view in HD - yes hit the flag. Different angle totally conclusive. :-)

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Shorty said:

OK - just saw it from your view in HD - yes hit the flag. Different angle totally conclusive. :-)

👍

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

👍

Seriously - no wonder you think I'm on drugs. I can't even see the shadow in the HD one! I would love you to see what I was watching. I promise you'd agree! :-)

2 hours ago, Shorty said:

Seriously - no wonder you think I'm on drugs. I can't even see the shadow in the HD one! I would love you to see what I was watching. I promise you'd agree! :-)

You would have been watching 16! With the delay and our telecast it seems that my wires got seriously crossed! Apologies to original poster! 

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Shorty said:

You would have been watching 16! With the delay and our telecast it seems that my wires got seriously crossed! Apologies to original poster! 

Holes a wedge for eagle (11) and then hits the flag (12). :-)

9 minutes ago, iacas said:

Holes a wedge for eagle (11) and then hits the flag (12). :-)

And almost aces 16. Amazing :-)

Saturday, 11:20am tee time - Patrick Reed, Tiger Woods

(Not Sunday but...) Wonder if Reed shows up in a red shirt? 

Carry on my wayward drive

There'll be pars when you are done

Lay your weary wedge to rest

Don't you shank no more 

Alas, Reed went with a blue shirt, Woods is wearing pink.

Carry on my wayward drive

There'll be pars when you are done

Lay your weary wedge to rest

Don't you shank no more 

Note: This thread is 2151 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!