IGNORED

Does it really matter what cart bag one gets?

Note: This thread is 2072 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Since my set is a mixed set including  Tommy Armour, Titleist, and Taylor Made, I shy away from "Staff Bags or club logo bags. I prefer a bag with no logo. I just bought a Datrek bag. to replace a cheapo Academy Sports bag that started ripping where the straps are attached. I used it today for the first time., so I'm a bit undecided about it. The club separations, seem to be adequate with very little having to wrestle the clubs in and out of the bag. or binding. I've got a set of matching knit headcovers with Pom - Poms on the way.

On 6/1/2018 at 7:46 AM, boogielicious said:

If you like the look of the Ping, and it holds all your stuff in a way you can access it easily, then get it. I have a Titleist bag, which is made by Sun Mountain. I didn't get it to match my clubs at the time because I was playing Mizuno irons. I got it because I liked how the pockets were set up, the dividers were well organized and it was fairly light for a stand cart bag. it has done well for 3 full seasons.

I always keep my clubs in the same slots too. My wife on the other hand is the most disorganized golfer ever. By the end of the round, she can have two, sometimes three clubs in one slot on her Mizuno bag.:-P It baffles me!

I don't think it's all that unusual. My buddy likes to drive the cart when we play, so his bag goes on the driver's side. Yet, he'll pull clubs from my bag and put them back in his, or vice versa! Then he'll look for a particular club and not find it, only to see it in the wrong bag!

He also never starts his Garmin GPS watch until we've reached our drives on the first hole!

I have a $50 gift card to a local CC pro shop. There's a lightweight Cobra cart bag there that I like a lot! It would cost me about a hundy after the gift card, but I think I'll hang onto it. I want to see if they put things on sale toward the end of the season.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

As long as the one you get meets the requirements you have, brand or type of cart bag doesn't really matter. Make a comparison table with the ones you may have shortlisted and go through what features they have and tick them off if they meet your requirements.

Could be stuff like number of dividers or pockets. Empty weight, does it have drink cooler pocket or the price etc.

If you find that one gets more ticks than the rest then your choice is made easier, even if its not a brand you would normally go for.

Stuff like cart bags can become quite a big outlay so its a good idea to spend the extra bit of time to make sure you dont end up with buyers regret.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

23 hours ago, Buckeyebowman said:

I don't think it's all that unusual. My buddy likes to drive the cart when we play, so his bag goes on the driver's side. Yet, he'll pull clubs from my bag and put them back in his, or vice versa! Then he'll look for a particular club and not find it, only to see it in the wrong bag!

He also never starts his Garmin GPS watch until we've reached our drives on the first hole!

I have a $50 gift card to a local CC pro shop. There's a lightweight Cobra cart bag there that I like a lot! It would cost me about a hundy after the gift card, but I think I'll hang onto it. I want to see if they put things on sale toward the end of the season.

As i get older, i find myself getting more anal about the  location and organization of the clubs in my bag.. I hate it  when a club is not in it's proper slot, or if there is an empty slot. i was never like this when i was younger.  I hate getting old!!!

Note: This thread is 2072 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!