Sign in to follow this  
nevets88

Brain not working - what was that short lived restaurant that Jordan, Byrd, Johnson financed?

5 posts / 1917 viewsLast Reply

I probably got the trio wrong too. Or maybe there was no such restaurant. I swear I remembered something like it though. Quick search not returning anything other than Jordan's failed restaurants.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Wait, are we talking about Jordan (Spieth), (Jonathan) Byrd, and (Dustin/Zach) Johnson? Or (Michael) Jordan, (Larry) Bird - with an "i" - and (Magic) Johnson?

1 hour ago, dennyjones said:

Were you thinking of Stallone, Willis and others?   Planet Hollywood?

Oy, that's probably it. Wrong entertainment business.

35 minutes ago, billchao said:

Wait, are we talking about Jordan (Spieth), (Jonathan) Byrd, and (Dustin/Zach) Johnson? Or (Michael) Jordan, (Larry) Bird - with an "i" - and (Magic) Johnson?

Lol

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2018 TST Partners

PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    More to come…
    • It was a short 125 yard par 3 slightly up hill.  A well struck pitching wedge, but you can't see the bottom of the flag so didn't see it land.  I thought I'd gone too long, but my friend thought it was close.  Turns out he was right! I wish I'd taken some pictures from ground level, so I had a better chance of determining whether any part of the ball was underground.  Wasn't 100% sure of the rules at the time and didn't want to hold up the group behind by taking too long. It seems by the strict letter of the law that, as I don't think any of the ball was under the surface it isn't a hole in one.  But that just seems wrong as it was over half way in to the hole and clearly leaning in to the hole.  My friend gently centred the flag and it dropped in the hole. I'm just glad it wasn't my first hole in one as I would be really gutted right now!
    • I fully understand It may seem like from my post that I'm some kind of macho distance guy ... I've certainly seen my fair share of rolled eyes from other golfers around distances ... or from a nasty slice/hook etc ... something I'm working on as a 15HC player (as where the 3w is coming in with much more fairways hit these days) ... personal I think if you can constantly hit the ball cleanly with controlled power then why wouldn't you ... many times the difference between a 110mph drive and 118mph is an emotional factor, the actual distance isn't much at the end(Plus accurately is far better in lower controlled swing)   ...but sometimes after a 3-4 putt blowing a birdie etc, the tension releases makes me swing harder on the next tee..or maybe Bunker 260 out and I really want to pass it ...  I'm sure many Golfers are the same and hit the ball down there with a normal feeling swing. -----example-- where I was pissed at distance off the club....  last hole game very close to my best round 2nd shot PAR4...153 yards out to an ever slightly elevated green usually hit a PW full swing to around that distance.. Now the ball was in the first cut rough 10-15mph headwind so thought to take the 9 out full swing and it came off the face perfect high slight draw ... yes here we go >>>> down it came landed behind green ran up a gravel pathway onto some rough easy 15-20yards further than I expected ...Gutted 4 more shots to close out the hole..cost us the match and outright second place for the day
    • Thanks to all for sharing. I probably will find and join a league (hoping there are weekend leagues, great idea btw to meet other golfers). I will keep encouraging my friends and family to learn golf, joining a golf group at social media will help too. And, yep, playing alone occasionally could be nice.   
    • I do believe that some golfers "want it" more than others simply by putting more hours and effort into becoming great.  From what I've read about Hogan, I'd have to say that he wanted it more than others.  I'd say the same thing about Bryson.  And, of course, Tiger.  This is true in all fields, not just golf, and to me it's as plain as day.
    • Unless they find and hit a wrong ball
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. Antneye
      Antneye
      (51 years old)
    2. CapM
      CapM
      (54 years old)
    3. Cardsfan
      Cardsfan
      (27 years old)
    4. Mr Golf Addict
      Mr Golf Addict
      (15 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...