Diece

Journey to the Mackenzie Tour: One Amateur's Pipe Dream

289 posts / 32976 viewsLast Reply

Ok... been about a year and a half. How’s it going @Diece?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

25 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Ok... been about a year and a half. How’s it going @Diece?

Complete and utter domination.

Which is code for "Not good enough to make the final 16 in the B Grade Championship of his local club."

8 hours ago, leftybutnotPM said:

Complete and utter domination.

Which is code for "Not good enough to make the final 16 in the B Grade Championship of his local club."

Yeah. I know these types come thru...pitch their dream ( delusion ) then disappear. But I’d like someone to come back and just say what happened. It could be a learning experience for others if not interesting reading.

On 6/2/2019 at 10:40 PM, hoselpalooza said:

ouch. bogeying every par 5 is not a sound strategy for tournament golf.

Well i had better change my strategy then.

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

Yeah. I know these types come thru...pitch their dream ( delusion ) then disappear. But I’d like someone to come back and just say what happened. It could be a learning experience for others if not interesting reading.

I remember when a young Jack Nicklaus was on this website boasting about becoming a great golfer... Hahaha...

Edited by Double Mocha Man

5 hours ago, Vinsk said:

The irony of it all is that (in my experience at least) most really good players are not that interested in equipment and don't watch much golf on TV. They certainly don't go on to websites and tell people how awesome they are or ask 18 handicappers they've never met how long it will take them to get to scratch.

Does anyone remembering a show on the Golf Channel called "Pipe Dream" about the bum that lived in a pipe and was trying to make it on the Senior Tour? The topic of this thread triggered my memory.

5 hours ago, snapfade said:

Does anyone remembering a show on the Golf Channel called "Pipe Dream" about the bum that lived in a pipe and was trying to make it on the Senior Tour? The topic of this thread triggered my memory.

Loved that show...I think Diece slept in his car a few times so he course be out on the range at dawn to practice.

logo.svg

The beginning of his story may not be glamorous, but Mark Burk is out to change the ending.

6 hours ago, leftybutnotPM said:

The irony of it all is that (in my experience at least) most really good players are not that interested in equipment and don't watch much golf on TV. They certainly don't go on to websites and tell people how awesome they are or ask 18 handicappers they've never met how long it will take them to get to scratch.

Tru dat.

2 teen gals joined our 2some one day...I asked who their favorite golfers were...they kinda shrugged a named a few PGA pros....I then asked them who their fav LPGA pros were...one said Stacy Lewis and when I asked again for another name..there was no reply.

Ya....I've always felt young golfers don't watch much golf on TV.

10 minutes ago, Mr22putt said:

Loved that show...I think Diece slept in his car a few times so he course be out on the range at dawn to practice.

logo.svg

The beginning of his story may not be glamorous, but Mark Burk is out to change the ending.

Tru dat.

2 teen gals joined our 2some one day...I asked who their favorite golfers were...they kinda shrugged a named a few PGA pros....I then asked them who their fav LPGA pros were...one said Stacy Lewis and when I asked again for another name..there was no reply.

Ya....I've always felt young golfers don't watch much golf on TV.

I did a little Googling and he seems to have drop of the radar some years ago. There is a lawsuit he had that was thrown out about him feeling discriminated against for not being hired in PR for a teaching job. Then there was talk about him with a baseball bat but he denies it. Upon further research he seems to have never held a job. Lived off a wealthy mom till she passed then hooked up with a model who took care of him until some domestic altercation which led to him living in a pipe.  

10 minutes ago, David in FL said:

So you’re the one!  :-D

ok...ok...I was the executive producer of Pipe Dream....Golf Channel is boring nowadays...I miss all those reality shows...I don't need to watch 10 repeats of the past week's PGA event nor all the stupid replays of Feherty....just sayin.

3 minutes ago, snapfade said:

I did a little Googling and he seems to have drop of the radar some years ago. There is a lawsuit he had that was thrown out about him feeling discriminated against for not being hired in PR for a teaching job. Then there was talk about him with a baseball bat but he denies it. Upon further research he seems to have never held a job. Lived off a wealthy mom till she passed then hooked up with a model who took care of him until some domestic altercation which led to him living in a pipe.  

So are you trying to tell me he's a LOSER?😁

4 minutes ago, Mr22putt said:

ok...ok...I was the executive producer of Pipe Dream....Golf Channel is boring nowadays...I miss all those reality shows...I don't need to watch 10 repeats of the past week's PGA event nor all the stupid replays of Feherty....just sayin.

So are you trying to tell me he's a LOSER?😁

I'm not going to judge, but moocher seems like a good adjective. 

Oh and BTW. I put a ball 2 ft from the cup from 161 yards out, so that qualifies me as having a chance. I'm applying to Q School and I don't want to hear any lip. 

Golf is an interesting affliction, er sport, in that it seems to produce an inordinately high number of pipe-dreamers. You just don't see this in other sports.  It's interesting to watch though. 

11 minutes ago, 3jacker said:

Golf is an interesting affliction, er sport, in that it seems to produce an inordinately high number of pipe-dreamers. You just don't see this in other sports.  It's interesting to watch though. 

I don't know, every player on my kid's Middle School basketball team thought they were NBA bound.

Well, I was thinking older, more realistic kids. 

Our HS quarterback was excellent, college scholarship, all that.  He never thought he was going to be in the NFL nor did any of his peers at other schools that I know of. At least not by that time in his life. I assume most have dreams when they are younger, and they should. You never know. 

What's funny about golf is that there are 30-year olds dreaming of competing on the PGA Tour.  People that were born 10 years behind them have had full junior/college careers dripping with success yet they think that they can watch some YT videos and get fitted for equipment and get out there and play against them.  

And then sometimes this repeats in their 40s leading up to a Champions Tour career defeating the likes of Langer, Couples, etc.  Though generally most people have had the nonsensical delusional dreaming beaten out of them by that point in life.

Edited by 3jacker

On 3/2/2020 at 10:41 AM, Double Mocha Man said:

I don't know, every player on my kid's Middle School basketball team thought they were NBA bound.

I teach eighth grade, and this is an epidemic.  I had a student a couple of years ago who was positive that he was going to be an NBA superstar, even though he got kicked off our middle school basketball team because a kid who wasn't chubby and lazy transferred into the school.

Luckily, he had a solid back-up plan.

Rapper.