IGNORED

This is some crazy elevation

nevets88
Note: This thread is 2046 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

According to Golf Digest, Odawarajo Country Club in Japan. He's hitting it to that fairway at 1 o'clock, right?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You call that a knife? This is a knife ;-)

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

14 minutes ago, billchao said:

Wow! I’m afraid you stole the OP’s thunder......if ever hit that green must take some pretty good ball marks!

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 hour ago, billchao said:

Ha ha, always fun to hear a Crocodile Dundee reference.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I could never swing a golf club on that cliff in South Africa.  In fact, I would never try to stand on it (I had a tough time with the Grand Canyon).  The hole shown in Japan does look like the golfer could be driving to a different fairway - if not I am definitely out!

• Administrator
18 hours ago, Hardspoon said:

If so, that is a heck of a wide-angle lens.

Looks more like he's hitting off a range, and the hole you can see is some hole in the distance. The sound his club makes on the turf makes me feel like the turf is synthetic there, like you'd see on a range, and the pole doesn't dissuade me there either.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I think this is from a little more forward. Don't go left.

Screen Shot 2018-09-17 at 2.06.17 PM.png

This is Yugawara CC, a course south of it.

Screen Shot 2018-09-17 at 2.22.46 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-17 at 2.22.33 PM.png

Steve

• Administrator

Okay, so they actually have synthetic turf on the tees? Okay then.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

10 hours ago, iacas said:

Okay, so they actually have synthetic turf on the tees? Okay then.

And green fee is probably up there.

Steve

Note: This thread is 2046 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!