IGNORED

Shoes that hold up well for walking courses

Note:Β This thread is 2035 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

I have this horrible problem with golf shoes where in the heel of them it wears out really quickly and I get these horrible blisters on my heels.Β  I have the Nike Lunar Command 2 that I wore for less than a year now and other than wearing them to the driving range they are basically unwearable.Β  I walk frequently while playing and I need a shoe that will hold up over many rounds of walking.Β  I also purchased the AdidasΒ 360 Traxion BounceΒ spikeless and I am starting to notice the same issue with them as the Nike's.Β  I don't think it's my shoe size that is the issue, I wear a 10.5 and if IΒ try anything less on my toes are really cramped in the front of the shoe.Β  I've thought about getting socks with the little grippy things on the heel to help my feet stay in place while walking in the shoes.Β  Has anyone else had this same issue and have found a shoe that they have liked and has lasted more than half a season.Β  I really don't want to have to buy new shoes twice a year and I enjoy walking courses and don't want to give that up either.Β  The Adidas Tour Boost 360 might be something I'm interested in because the inside heel is more "leathery" and I think might help keep my foot in place when walking.Β  If anyone has any suggestionsΒ I'd appreciate it!!

Β 

Β 

Thomas

Driver: :tmade:Β M3 10*Β  3 Wood: :nike:Β Vapor Fly 12*Β  Hybrid: :tmade:Β P790 UDI 2 IronΒ  Irons: :titleist:Β 716 AP2Β (4-PW)Β  Wedges: :vokey:Β Β 52*, 56*, 60* Putter: :tmade:Β TP JunoΒ  Shoes: :nike:Β Lunar Command,Β Β :adidas:Β 360 Traxion, :adidas:Β Tour Boost 360Β  Bag: :titleist:Β 2016 Lightweight Stand Bag

Ecco's are very comfortable and wear well but they are expensive.Β  I went from foot joy, to nike, to adidas and now I have several Eccos.Β  One pair is the most comfortable shoe I have ever worn.Β  Not golf shoe, any shoe.Β 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've been wearing Footjoy Greenjoys and usually walk my rounds. They have been pretty comfortable and much better on my heal that the Adidas Adizero that I had previously worn.

Alas, while my heal didn't blister, the heal of the shoe itself has given way after two years (approx 140 rounds). Now I'm in the market myself.

21 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

I've been wearing Footjoy Greenjoys and usually walk my rounds. They have been pretty comfortable and much better on my heal that the Adidas Adizero that I had previously worn.

Alas, while my heal didn't blister, the heal of the shoe itself has given way after two years (approx 140 rounds). Now I'm in the market myself.

If I can get 2 years out of a shoe walking almost all of y rounds I'll be really happy with that.Β  Right now im getting about 1/2 a year out of mine and that's around 30ish rounds.Β  I'll definitely have to give those a lookΒ 

48 minutes ago, inthecup said:

Ecco's are very comfortable and wear well but they are expensive.Β  I went from foot joy, to nike, to adidas and now I have several Eccos.Β  One pair is the most comfortable shoe I have ever worn.Β  Not golf shoe, any shoe.Β 

Price isn't exactly an issue for me if they are going to last a while.Β  Right now I'm in it for about $200+ and I still need ANOTHER pair because they are wearing out in the heel.Β  Thank's for the suggestion I will definitely look into them

Thomas

Driver: :tmade:Β M3 10*Β  3 Wood: :nike:Β Vapor Fly 12*Β  Hybrid: :tmade:Β P790 UDI 2 IronΒ  Irons: :titleist:Β 716 AP2Β (4-PW)Β  Wedges: :vokey:Β Β 52*, 56*, 60* Putter: :tmade:Β TP JunoΒ  Shoes: :nike:Β Lunar Command,Β Β :adidas:Β 360 Traxion, :adidas:Β Tour Boost 360Β  Bag: :titleist:Β 2016 Lightweight Stand Bag

1 hour ago, inthecup said:

I walk about 50 rounds+ a year.

I second the Ecco's. I had a pair a few many years ago and loved them. But then a newer pair I owned lost its waterproof seal in a few months. I had switched to Nike, but a recent pair caused blisters.

I'm back with Ecco. Wearing the Biom G 2 Free GTX. Incredibly comfortable, and so far holding seal.

FootJoy Versaluxe has been discontinued, and a lot of places have them on close out. I walk all the time, and these have been a great shoe. At the close out price, you should be able to pick up two pair for the price of one pair of Ecco.

12 hours ago, Tommy_Boy14 said:

I have this horrible problem with golf shoes where in the heel of them it wears out really quickly and I get these horrible blisters on my heels.Β  I have the Nike Lunar Command 2 that I wore for less than a year now and other than wearing them to the driving range they are basically unwearable.Β  I walk frequently while playing and I need a shoe that will hold up over many rounds of walking.Β  I also purchased the AdidasΒ 360 Traxion BounceΒ spikeless and I am starting to notice the same issue with them as the Nike's.Β  I don't think it's my shoe size that is the issue, I wear a 10.5 and if IΒ try anything less on my toes are really cramped in the front of the shoe.Β  I've thought about getting socks with the little grippy things on the heel to help my feet stay in place while walking in the shoes.Β  Has anyone else had this same issue and have found a shoe that they have liked and has lasted more than half a season.Β  I really don't want to have to buy new shoes twice a year and I enjoy walking courses and don't want to give that up either.Β  The Adidas Tour Boost 360 might be something I'm interested in because the inside heel is more "leathery" and I think might help keep my foot in place when walking.Β  If anyone has any suggestionsΒ I'd appreciate it!!

Β 

Β 

Have you tried the Dr. Scholls gel inserts? I would think some insert might help your heel issue.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

9 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Have you tried the Dr. Scholls gel inserts? I would think some insert might help your heel issue.

Would they help my foot to stop rubbing on the back of the shoe creating the holes back there and causing my blisters?

Thomas

Inserts might help as it sounds like a misfit shoe. Suggest TrueLinks, Ecco's or if needed get New Balance walking shoes with aggressive sole. Good luck! Best , Marv

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite,Β A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy ProlaunchΒ Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed)Β Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce;Β PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

3 hours ago, Tommy_Boy14 said:

Would they help my foot to stop rubbing on the back of the shoe creating the holes back there and causing my blisters?

If your heel is rubbing that badly on the back of the shoe this must be a sizing issue.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
On 9/19/2018 at 11:34 AM, Vinsk said:

If your heel is rubbing that badly on the back of the shoe this must be a sizing issue.

Almost all blisters are from poor sizing. Occasionally a poor fit, but that's really rare. I agree with @Vinsk.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

On 9/19/2018 at 8:09 AM, Tommy_Boy14 said:

Rubbing where? If your heel can move around and create worn spots -- it shouldn't. I'm no podiatrist, but I'm limited to FJ because I have narrow feet and heels. Even if I can cinch a shoe up so that it fits my instep, if the heel is too loose it's going to rub. Perhaps you have the same problem and need a narrower heel that won't allow the movement/rubbing in the first place.

On β€Ž9β€Ž/β€Ž19β€Ž/β€Ž2018 at 8:09 AM, Tommy_Boy14 said:

I wear high quality wool socks - Kentwool- and have not had any blister issues since.

On 9/19/2018 at 11:34 AM, Vinsk said:

I really don't think size is the issue, like IΒ said before, if I were to go .5 size smaller my toes are really crammed in there... that being said I wonder if its an issue of not tying my shoes tight enough and with that does anyone think I would maybe benefit from a BOA style shoe to keep the tightness consistent through the round?Β  Does anyone have any experience with the BOA style vs traditional tie shoes and can make a recommendation one vs the other in terms of keeping the shoes tight through the round?Β 

Thomas

37 minutes ago, Tommy_Boy14 said:

I really don't think size is the issue, like IΒ said before, if I were to go .5 size smaller my toes are really crammed in there... that being said I wonder if its an issue of not tying my shoes tight enough and with that does anyone think I would maybe benefit from a BOA style shoe to keep the tightness consistent through the round?Β  Does anyone have any experience with the BOA style vs traditional tie shoes and can make a recommendation one vs the other in terms of keeping the shoes tight through the round?Β 

I use BOA shoes simply for the convenience but can’t really say if they fit any more snug than laces. What width are you wearing? Maybe you need a more narrow size so you don’t lose length? Maybe try a heel insert to give your heel a more snug fit?Β 

46 minutes ago, Tommy_Boy14 said:

They're your feet, but it is possible for a shoe to be the right size but the wrong width. If you kept the same size but a narrower width you would have pretty much the same width for your toes but a more snug fit for your heel, and, I'd bet, no more blisters. You might even be able to go up a half size in a narrow width.Β Problem is, nobody but FJ offers narrow widths, and not many stores carry even the FJ narrows.Β 

Β 

Now, Boa closure. I have several pair with Boa, including some of the same model/size with both laces and Boa. I find the Boa to provide a generally snugger fit. The laces have less friction across the top of your foot so the fit around the instep is better, and, at least with FJ, the cable around the top of the shoe opening does pull your foot back into the heel a little better. But even more to your point, with the Boa, after you've walked a few holes and the shoes loosen up a little, it's easy to reach down and give the knob a twist, With laces it's a commitment to stop, untie, retie. Everybody says, how lazy do you have to be not to want to tie shoes, but how often do they actually retie shoes unless they come untied? With Boa you don't even think about it.

Β 

I wouldn't say that Boa closure will make an ill-fitting pair of shoes suddenly all right. But I do think BoaΒ will enhance a proper fit and maybe take up a slight bit of slack. Again, my experience only with FJ shoes.

Note:Β This thread is 2035 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!