IGNORED

My Swing (Slim_Pivot)

Slim_Pivot
Note: This thread is 786 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Just hit reset and make some thoughtless, short, punchy swings making sure you make good contact.

Reset doesn’t mean revert. It just means clear your head. You have a few too many things going on.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for the advice. As usual I followed instruction. Got some good and bad swings. Not sure what to do or focus on next time. I don’t really know what’s good or bad body wise in FO (besides the lesson pics)

1. BAD 9i PUNCH DTL

2. GOOD 6i PUNCH DTL

3. 6i PUNCH FO

4.  6i FULL SWING FO

It seemed like this session was meant to move athletically. Since, I had some left over balls at the end, I tried to hit good, hard 5i as far as I could. I couldn’t quite get it to the 200 yard sign.

• Administrator

Those are better.

The "leaning tower" is, if you recall, kinda like this video:

It's not so much of this early:

01.jpg

That's just throwing the hip out early with axis tilt and the head going down. Fall into your left side a little bit, then let the hips go forward, up, and around.

• Thumbs Up 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

33 minutes ago, iacas said:

Those are better.

The "leaning tower" is, if you recall, kinda like this video:

It's not so much of this early:

01.jpg

That's just throwing the hip out early with axis tilt and the head going down. Fall into your left side a little bit, then let the hips go forward, up, and around.

Ok thanks!

Of course I remember the leaning tower, it’s what I’ve been failing at doing.  I will try it again, hopefully with some success.

This pertains to when I couldn’t hit the ball: I think the arms are my problem in transition. I’m able to hit my draw by dropping arms to stay deep, and bowing (prob aided by my nasty “throwing hip out early” move).

With leaning tower, I feel like I don’t have any space to stay deep and I cut across it. Do you have any suggestions for what my arms should do? Should i try what rose did in that video (arms down) or keep my shoulders very closed as I fall left? I’ll try those two things first if I start hitting it really badly.

You can wait til my next vids to answer. For all I know that wasn’t even my problem.

I’ll be working hard at the leaning tower in the meantime. Thanks again for the input.

Practice session doing “leaning tower”

I hit the ball very very poorly for the first half. Low hooks or low slices.

Feeling: tried to attach my trail elbow to my trail hip after transition-then turn through. (While staying tall-ish)

Got some better strikes.

Looked like my head could stay a little more centered going back, but I’ll worry about that later.

Haven’t been able to practice at a range in a week due to being busy and playing 4 days a week. Doing a lot of slow practicing at home. I consider that fake practice tho.

Doing an “ok job” of doing the leaning tower move while I play. I should get a range session in today.

I got a 3 hybrid yesterday (need for 4 shots at new course).

The shot tracker thing said my path was btwn 7-11 degrees in to out.  @iacas What is too much?

Today's session.

DTL drill real speed.

Having more and more success making solid contact. The feel that changed everything (besides posting up) was doing "the windmill" with my arms extended like a bird while in posture. That upper body feeling throughout the downswing helped.

DTL Swing

Doing a better job with the "leaning tower of pisa" move. But, it looks like the backswing is too flat, causing over the top. The downswing is above the downswing plane. I'm gonna work on that.

FO DRILL/SWING

I Think I am doing better with the "leaning tower" move and hitting the ball better. Below are 2 screen shots of failure vs today. The top is from today348058984_Screenshot2019-05-21at1_23_11PM.thumb.png.172541fae2364a86849c79694fc5da2e.png

1960512642_Screenshot2019-05-21at1_29_51PM.thumb.png.c651e065cd196f864117b949621dbc54.png

So i really felt like today's swings were successes...but it doesnt look like the picture has changed too much. It looks like my back is more visible in today's picture, so that means I fell into my left side better? 

Basically, I'm not sure if I had success or not. I think I did succeed at like a B to C+ grade.

9 hours ago, Slim_Pivot said:

The shot tracker thing said my path was btwn 7-11 degrees in to out.  @iacas What is too much?

I think 6° is at the upper end of tour players.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

7-11 is a bit high, yeah.

17 minutes ago, iacas said:

7-11 is a bit high, yeah.

it may have been an alignment issue where i tricked the machine...my aim was off when is I started my session today...my path doesn't look that "out" in my videos, although driver duck-hooks are awful right now.

More importantly, did you notice if my practice swings were success or not quite? I do not know. Change the picture is a motto around here, and I didnt really see a change...sadly

The struggle is real with this move. I am grinding on it like crazy though. No hurry on the answer, I know you're busy.

• Administrator

Remember the point of the leaning tower was to NOT create a lot of axis tilt by A5, but to let that develop from A5.5 to A7 or so.

14 hours ago, iacas said:

Remember the point of the leaning tower was to NOT create a lot of axis tilt by A5, but to let that develop from A5.5 to A7 or so.

Ok thanks, that’s good info. I’ll keep workin’

18 hours ago, trainsmokegolf said:

swing flows nicely, are you under plane at times?

Thanks, that’s nice to say. I’ve been working on it for a while. Although I’m currently having trouble implementing a new move. 

And I always fight the urge to whip the club back way inside and flat and then come over the top. I work everyday on my backswing shoulder turn so my arms can come along for the ride when I turn away.

If I manage to get too far the other way, it’s easy for me to correct.

Yesterday’s session 5-22-19

GOALS: 

1. Get “leaning tower” move right for once. Priority

2. Fix backswing that was way inside. I stood farther from ball (felt like I need space) and swing on shoulder plane.

DTL DRILL

Happier that the downswing wasn’t above the backswing plane. A little deep, but whatever. Wasn’t main concern.

FO DRILL

This was slightly better (leaning tower) than before I think. Still not success, which sucks.

HOW IM PRACTICING 

Ive been doing this before I hit (During practice)

It was another frustrating session. I left the session early because I became frustrated/ unfocused. Since I couldn’t practice correctly, I left.

Later on in my mirror work at home, I may have had a breakthrough. I felt as if my lower body did nothing, and my head/upper body tipped or leaned. It seemed to look better. I will try that next time.

34 minutes ago, Slim_Pivot said:

Yesterday’s session 5-22-19

GOALS: 

1. Get “leaning tower” move right for once. Priority

2. Fix backswing that was way inside. I stood farther from ball (felt like I need space) and swing on shoulder plane.

DTL DRILL

Happier that the downswing wasn’t above the backswing plane. A little deep, but whatever. Wasn’t main concern.

FO DRILL

This was slightly better (leaning tower) than before I think. Still not success, which sucks.

HOW IM PRACTICING 

Ive been doing this before I hit (During practice)

It was another frustrating session. I left the session early because I became frustrated/ unfocused. Since I couldn’t practice correctly, I left.

Later on in my mirror work at home, I may have had a breakthrough. I felt as if my lower body did nothing, and my head/upper body tipped or leaned. It seemed to look better. I will try that next time.

Yes,  this one may take a lot of deliberate at home drill work.  Are you doing a ton more slow motions at home than at the range?  You really need to ingrain a different move there that can't be done with range work alone

1 hour ago, trainsmokegolf said:

Yes,  this one may take a lot of deliberate at home drill work.  Are you doing a ton more slow motions at home than at the range?  You really need to ingrain a different move there that can't be done with range work alone

Ya, I do more work at home than I do at the range. Only because I’m home more than I’m at the range. 

I think my slow motions are wrong this time. In my practice video, my pre-swing drill didn’t even look right. Let alone the actual drill. 

That does make me feel better though. I thought this was an easy move I should be getting quickly.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Slim_Pivot said:

That's really not that far off.

8 hours ago, Slim_Pivot said:

Good.

Note: This thread is 786 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!