IGNORED

5 Simple Keys® System - Weight Forward

Vasco
Note: This thread is 1987 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I bought the videos of the 5 keys system and I'm trying to learn.
I have 2 questions that I would like to put in the forum 
regarding key 2:
1 - This system can be used by senior golfers with regard to weight 
transfer by the hip forward.

2- In my swing I would like to incorporate the indicated rotating 
movement below instead of putting the hip forward.

Are there any inconveniences? 
Thank you

Edited by Vasco

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

@iacas and @mvmac. These guys are very good with this. Welcome to TST.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

5 hours ago, Vasco said:

I bought the videos of the 5 keys system and I'm trying to learn.
I have 2 questions that I would like to put in the forum 
regarding key 2:

2- In my swing I would like to incorporate the indicated rotating 
movement below instead of putting the hip forward.

Are there any inconveniences? 
Thank you

I think the weight transfer just kind of happens, at least in my case it does? 

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Vasco - you should get good info here, we have some real experts.  I do think you might expand on your question, it's very vague.....perhaps a translation clarification.  GOOD LUCK

Side comment - Left handed people have one advantage with most instructors when observing head on - they can see it all in mirror image.

Training videos should have the option to flip depending on the handedness of the instructor vs the student.

Mirror view for head on, same handed for down the line.

Bill - 

• iacas changed the title to 5 Simple Keys® System - Weight Forward
  • Administrator
7 hours ago, Vasco said:

That's not really a question, but if you're asking if senior golfers can bump their hips forward, the answer is yes. You're only talking about 4-6" of movement.

For some older golfers, we pre-set a little more weight forward to help them if they're not quite fast enough or flexible enough, though that's pretty rare, actually.

7 hours ago, Vasco said:

2- In my swing I would like to incorporate the indicated rotating movement below instead of putting the hip forward.

That video isn't very good, IMO. If he only rotated, he wouldn't be forward on his front foot at the end. He'd be 50/50.

Good golfers get their weight and pressure forward. They do this with a little transfer of the hips forward and then the hips rotate as well. The first move is more of a hip forward motion, then rotation peaks later as the forward motion slows. Granted, this is all within a time span of about a tenth of a second, but that's still generally the process.

One good topic on this:

And a re-born discussion there (read the first few pages above, and then read to the end starting at the below):

If you have more questions, I'd love to hear them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

IMG_0125.thumb.PNG.b3915b7383204f035d68d030fcfbea13.PNGIMG_0126.thumb.PNG.d8b7085c782d7b4f6c58cc4932a6d523.PNGIMG_0127.thumb.PNG.f79e3f6de5157c044aaf7e6831e27fc8.PNGIMG_0128.thumb.PNG.90fd1d4ea47ffd0ca5e07605f1ccc4b2.PNGIMG_0129.thumb.PNG.217580f552b2d23aff78eaa6b34abee9.PNG

IMG_0130.thumb.PNG.7a8565477d14c83b8b200c7b4050d2cb.PNGIMG_0131.thumb.PNG.731d8b663eb67c792d2cc0c19388a95a.PNG

A younger Rory here. I hope this isn't a wast of time but I thought maybe you'd like to see a face on swing with the rotation in various stages of the golf swing. @iacas posted some great pics of golfers at address and impact which of course shows the lateral hip move being done. I just thought for those of us with less trained eyes you may like to see an example of the hips throughout the swing. Hope you find this helpful in some way. The positions of the golf swing used here are described as:

A1.    Address

A2.    Shaft  parallel to ground.

A3.    Lead arm parallel to ground.

A4.    Top of the backswing.

A5.    Lead arm parallel (downswing)

A6.    Shaft parallel (downswing)

A7.    Impact.   

I've just tried to arrange the pics. They were all in order then when I posted them they became scattered. Sorry for this. But they're still in 'order' somewhat. 

Edited by Vinsk
  • Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Thank you all for your comments. They are all very useful.
In fact my aim was to ensure that the 5 ks system was in biomechanical terms advisable for seniors.

1 hour ago, Vasco said:

Thank you all for your comments. They are all very useful.
In fact my aim was to ensure that the 5 ks system was in biomechanical terms advisable for seniors.

I'm 58 and can attest it is absolutely perfect for Seniors. Remember 5SK is not a particular swing method. The 5 Simple Keys are the things that all good golf swings have in common. All of these are achievable for any age player. Working with a good instructor can get you on the right path. 

The first 3, Steady Head, Weight forward at impact, In-line at impact are the ones to focus on first and can be done with any swing speed. 4 and 5, diagonal swing path and face control at impact are more advanced, but still achievable for seniors.

If you don't have a good instructor in your local area, I recommend Evolvr. It is not that expensive and will really help. The instructors at Evolvr are all 5SK certified.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 1987 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!