IGNORED

4th Anual Orlando Trip is Scheduled!!

Gipper
Note: This thread is 1879 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Can’t wait till the end of February. 

Here is this years line up -

Day One - Southern Dunes

Day Two - Disney Magnolia 

Day Three - Grand Cypress N/S/E

Day Four - Falcon Fire 

Should be a great couple of days with my father in law. 

• Like 2

Driver: Taylormade RBZ :tmade: Irons: Titleist AP1 :titleist: PW-4 All other clubs are needing upgrading as I am able to afford it.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Awesome! Have a great time, Gip! I’m planning an Orlando trip this winter too. Of course, I live in West Palm Beach, so it won’t be as epic as your trip, but I haven’t been to Orlando in a while, so I’m really looking forward to it. The 2.5 hour drive north is always fun for me too. 

Ive had a hankering for playing Orange County National and Eagle Creek when I go, but I also want to try the Magnolia since I never have. I probably will only go for one night though so I’ll have to choose just one course, but it’ll still be a great little road trip for me.

Love Grand Cypress btw. Nice course. What are Southern Dunes and Falcon Fire like?

Have a great trip, Gip! 

Edited by JetFan1983

Constantine

This will be the first year playing Southern Dunes.  We wanted to try Orange County by the group we boom through advised they were having issues with them so they were not booking with any more.  Who knows what the real story there is. 

We have played Eagle Creek twice and really enjoyed it.  We almost booked it again this year.  

Falcon Fire is a fun course and slightly outside of the nicer courses we play.  It is our traditional last day course.  Not too far from the hotel and quick run to the airport after. 

I love it down there and hope to be a snowbird down that way some day. 

Driver: Taylormade RBZ :tmade: Irons: Titleist AP1 :titleist: PW-4 All other clubs are needing upgrading as I am able to afford it.

Just now, Gipper said:

This will be the first year playing Southern Dunes.  We wanted to try Orange County by the group we boom through advised they were having issues with them so they were not booking with any more.  Who knows what the real story there is. 

We have played Eagle Creek twice and really enjoyed it.  We almost booked it again this year.  

Falcon Fire is a fun course and slightly outside of the nicer courses we play.  It is our traditional last day course.  Not too far from the hotel and quick run to the airport after. 

Hmmm, issues with OCN? Hmmm, maybe I'll avoid them then on my trip since I can only choose one course. Appreciate the reply. Have a great time! 

Constantine

6 minutes ago, JetFan1983 said:

Hmmm, issues with OCN? Hmmm, maybe I'll avoid them then on my trip since I can only choose one course. Appreciate the reply. Have a great time! 

I would check with a local first.  It may just be a squabble between the two companies and have nothing to do anything who would come out on their own. 

I haven’t played OCN in awhile, but both courses are always at the very top of my recommendations to anyone visiting.

I’ll ask around though and see if I can find anything that would change that...

• Thumbs Up 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

30 minutes ago, Gipper said:

I would check with a local first.  It may just be a squabble between the two companies and have nothing to do anything who would come out on their own. 

Oh okay. Appreciate the clarification. I’ve played Panther Lake once, like nine months after picking up the game, and the place ate me alive. I wouldn’t mind getting a bit of revenge one of these days 😄

@David in FL thanks! 

Edited by JetFan1983

Constantine

On 1/6/2019 at 1:59 PM, Gipper said:

On 1/6/2019 at 2:37 PM, JetFan1983 said:

Oh okay. Appreciate the clarification. I’ve played Panther Lake once, like nine months after picking up the game, and the place ate me alive. I wouldn’t mind getting a bit of revenge one of these days 😄

@David in FL thanks! 

I talked to several buddies who have played OCN recently.  The consensus is that both courses are in great winter condition right now, as is the rest of the facility.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Informative 1

In David's bag....

On 1/6/2019 at 10:55 AM, Gipper said:

Can’t wait till the end of February. 

Here is this years line up -

Day One - Southern Dunes

Day Two - Disney Magnolia 

Day Four - Falcon Fire 

Should be a great couple of days with my father in law. 

I played Falcon Fire last year and really liked it. I drive by it every day. Looks to be in good shape! Very nice layout! 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

30 minutes ago, David in FL said:

I talked to several buddies who have played OCN recently.  The consensus is that both courses are in great winter condition right now, as is the rest of the facility.

I told my father in law that I guessed this was much more about the business relationship between the two than anything golf related. 

Thx for the update!!

• 1 month later...
On 1/6/2019 at 10:55 AM, Gipper said:

Just chiming in on GC. You should definitely consider GC New Course before you do the N/S/E combo if you haven't played it before. I've played it twice now and loved it even more the 2nd time around. It is an homage design to St. Andrews Old Course. Fun course for those who love to air out their drivers (I mean who doesn't?)..

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

I'm heading over to Orlando for a couple days in March. I only have time for one round, so it's Heathrow or at Legacy Club at Alaqua Lakes. Anyone know anything about either of those?

Edited by Bucki1968

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

1 hour ago, Bucki1968 said:

I'm heading over to Orlando for a couple days in March. I only have time for one round, so it's Heathrow or at Legacy Club at Alaqua Lakes. Anyone know anything about either of those?

Paging @David in FL he is a member at both if I’m correct.

4 hours ago, Bucki1968 said:

3 hours ago, MacDutch said:

Paging @David in FL he is a member at both if I’m correct.

Yep!

Both are private clubs, but part of the Concert Club system so reciprocal play is offered to members of other Concert clubs.

@Bucki1968, I’m happy to answer any questions.  Two very good, distinctly different courses.

In David's bag....

12 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Just chiming in on GC. You should definitely consider GC New Course before you do the N/S/E combo if you haven't played it before. I've played it twice now and loved it even more the 2nd time around. It is an homage design to St. Andrews Old Course. Fun course for those who love to air out their drivers (I mean who doesn't?)..

We played the new course and enjoyed it.  But I just love how scenic the NSE course was. Last time I didn’t get to play the island green but on Monday I will get to. 

From a golf standpoint i see why people love the new course.  But I love the scenic courses(resort style) too.  For me this trip is about getting to hangout with my father in law away from the snow. 

12 hours ago, David in FL said:

Yep!

Both are private clubs, but part of the Concert Club system so reciprocal play is offered to members of other Concert clubs.

@Bucki1968, I’m happy to answer any questions.  Two very good, distinctly different courses.

Yes I’m a member (Tampa). Just wondering which one to play in a few weeks (March 21or 22). Wife is playing too. Just wondering if Thursday is better than Friday and which course would be better for never having played either. 

My bag:

1 hour ago, Bucki1968 said:

Yes I’m a member (Tampa). Just wondering which one to play in a few weeks (March 21or 22). Wife is playing too. Just wondering if Thursday is better than Friday and which course would be better for never having played either. 

Carrollwood?  Both courses are distinctly different. Heathrow is a little bit more open off the tee, but has water in play on 15 holes, including some forced carries and an island green, similar to your Pines 9.  Legacy is tighter, longer, and more wooded, but water really is only in play on 4 holes.  Similar to your Cypress 9.  Both are in very good shape right now, and will be spectacular at the end of March, though Heathrow tends to hold a bit more water and might be a little wetter if there’s been a lot of recent rain.

How good of a player is your wife?  Thursday afternoon will be less crowded at either one and more accommodating for couples play.  Both courses will generally play in about 3:30 or less. 4:00 is an extremely long, unpleasant round at either.  My group played behind a 3-someof women yesterday, and though we waited on every shot, we still finished in 3:20.

Both have nice grill areas and Heathrow has formal dining and other club amenities as well.

Any other questions, just ask!  As it gets closer reach out and I can update you on course conditions or events that might influence your choice too...

:beer:

In David's bag....

8 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Carrollwood?  Both courses are distinctly different. Heathrow is a little bit more open off the tee, but has water in play on 15 holes, including some forced carries and an island green, similar to your Pines 9.  Legacy is tighter, longer, and more wooded, but water really is only in play on 4 holes.  Similar to your Cypress 9.  Both are in very good shape right now, and will be spectacular at the end of March, though Heathrow tends to hold a bit more water and might be a little wetter if there’s been a lot of recent rain.

How good of a player is your wife?  Thursday afternoon will be less crowded at either one and more accommodating for couples play.  Both courses will generally play in about 3:30 or less. 4:00 is an extremely long, unpleasant round at either.  My group played behind a 3-someof women yesterday, and though we waited on every shot, we still finished in 3:20.

Both have nice grill areas and Heathrow has formal dining and other club amenities as well.

Any other questions, just ask!  As it gets closer reach out and I can update you on course conditions or events that might influence your choice too...

:beer:

Yep...members are Carrollwood. Wife is 14 HDC. She can hit it. She likes Pine better than Cypress so it sounds like Heathrow is the best bet. I, however, would opt for Legacy. Doesn't really matter to me anyway. It sounds like Thursday afternoon is a winner. As long as the beer is cold afterwards....😋.

My bag:

Note: This thread is 1879 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!