IGNORED

My Swing (JBise)

JBise
Note: This thread is 1465 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 4 years
My current handicap index or average score is: 100
My typical ball flight is: fade
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: fat 

Videos:

Down the line:

Face on:

Edited by JBise

I played around with some different feels tonight.  These swings were all about contact.  Ball first felt good, but the whole operation felt more "whippy". 

Forgive the jammies and the slightly-off angles 😀  Is there anything so bad here that I shouldn't pursue it over the stock swing?  The contact felt night and day.

• Administrator

I'd like to help but is there any chance you can get high-speed video with more light so that the shutter speed doesn't almost completely make the shaft invisible?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 year later...

Self-isolating has freed up some practice time.  Invested in a SkyTrak, and I've been having a blast.  Posting today's lunch time swings.  Hoping the quality is better this time around - open to feedback on that.

Hitting it more consistently, but still short.  This session averaged 128 ball speed, 17.4 launch, 3400 backspin for 201 carry and 220 total.  A bit pully with some right to left (dispersion attached).

Down the Line - Driver

Caddy View - Driver

Shot Plot Driver 04212020.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, JBise said:

Self-isolating has freed up some practice time.  Invested in a SkyTrak, and I've been having a blast.  Posting today's lunch time swings.  Hoping the quality is better this time around - open to feedback on that.

Hitting it more consistently, but still short.  This session averaged 128 ball speed, 17.4 launch, 3400 backspin for 201 carry and 220 total.  A bit pully with some right to left (dispersion attached).

Down the Line - Driver

Caddy View - Driver

Shot Plot Driver 04212020.jpg

Very cool and looks good.  Can you link to this product?

Also, is there anything specific you were working on with this practice?

47 minutes ago, Effington said:

Very cool and looks good.  Can you link to this product?

Also, is there anything specific you were working on with this practice?

It really is a lot of fun - I've learned a ton about my ball flight.  It's an investment, but it's been great for my mental health being able to sneak downstairs and hit some shots.  skytrakgolf.com

Can't say I was working on anything in particular.  I'm a total hack, so my biggest goal is establishing some consistency in my "stock shots", getting a better understanding of my gapping, and then eventually try to add some speed so I can get it out there better. 

(edited)

Done reading to the kids for the night and having a careful look.

Seems like when I’m back to hands parallel I’m leaning forward, front leg too bent, hands caught behind.  Fair diagnosis?

BCF63026-0778-4DDC-8031-57B3FBB8EA3A.png

21CC90E0-5182-4A43-9619-EA5004B4A4AA.png

Edited by JBise

Your grip is very weak and palmy. Take a look at this thread on the grip:

The other thing I would look at right now is the way you take the club back in the backswing. You roll your hands over and fan the clubface wide open, then cup your left wrist as you take it to the top, which causes you to get the clubface closed in the downswing by casting and flip/rolling the hands through impact.

• Thumbs Up 2

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

First I'd fix the backswing. The club gets behind you and then it gets steep at the top. This results in a number of compensations on the downswing, making hitting the ball more inconsistent. Just try to keep the club head more in front of you during the backswing. Regarding your analysis against Justin Thomas, the diagnosis is a slide. This is pretty common for most amateurs. You can even see some very good ball strikers do this. Just watch Adam Scott. The USGA recommends not to slide. I don't think it's that bad at all

• Thumbs Up 1

Really appreciate the feedback, @billchao & @Konsta!

Simplifying things a bit for myself by bumping down to the 7 iron.  Spent some time at lunch today working on what you guys suggested.

Tried getting my left hand over grip more.  In terms of the backswing, I tried a different move below.  For the life of me, I felt like I had the club face pointing down on takeaway... is that still too open at parallel?  Still looking cupped at the time, isn't it?

The ball is still pully with curve (dispersion attached), but carrying 10 to 15 yards longer than 2 days ago. So you guys are good at this! :-D

102 ball speed, launching 20*, 5000 rpm, carrying 145

Face On - 7 Iron

Down the Line - 7 Iron

shot plot 7 iron 04222020.jpg

For the record - My goal is to improve... so if things break down for a little while, so be it. 🙂

I highly recommend watching the video from Day 1 of the 30 day COVID-19 challenge, it goes over exactly what you are working on here and gives a couple drills that will likely help with that 7 iron positioning 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Upvote 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

I agree, there is some good stuff in the COVID-19 Practice Plan Challenge. 

Day 1 should help you. Day 20 will be good to sync up your lower and upper body better earlier in the swing. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 1465 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!