IGNORED

Check out my Par 3 hole I setup in my field.

rckwd
Note: This thread is 5481 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I built this today in my back yard and I am going to call it "The Little Amen Corner" ..LOL

50 Yards

75 Yards

100 Yards

125 Yards

Now all I have to do is put in my sand traps and build me a water hazard (Although I could use my garden as a Hazard..LOL)

Anyone have any suggestions on how I can turn that into a "real" putting surface?

Oh my... that is amazing.

R7 Limited Patriot 9.5º
Sasquatch 15º
Idea Pro Gold Hybrid 20º
Tour Preferred Irons 4-PW
Z Smoke TP 52º SV Tour Black Satin 56º Rossa Core Classics Fontana One Tour

It's a bit technical, but it should help you if you are serious about getting a true putting surface:

http://www.usga.org/turf/course_cons...uidelines.html

Or, you coud go the artificial route:

http://www.southwestgreens.com/

In my Srixon staff bag:

Driver: Titleist 909D2 8.5 - Grafalloy Epic X
Fairway: Adams RPM LP 13 degree - Grafalloy Epic X
Hybrids: Adams Idea Pro 18 degree - DGSL X100Irons: MacGregor 1025M 3-PW - DG X100SW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54 - DG X100LW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 58 - DG X100Putter...

Awesome! Wish I had the space... your wedge game is going to get real good!

Weapons of choice:
Irons/wedges: Titleist Tour Grind
Driver:Titleist 909D2
3 Wood: Tour Edge Exotic
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

thats awesome. Congrats on the hard work put in and congrats on the hard work to come...

can i come over and play?

Sooo jealous

This is making me wanna do what I've been wanting to do for the past few years - make my apartment into a 9-hole putt-putt mini golf course.

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

Thanks everyone!

Come on down Incognito!! I am going out right now to try it out. I mowed it this morning before it got hot, then I had to come in and get to work.

and Microcrayfish that tree just looks that way in the pic...its actually impossible to hit it if you are hitting from where I am taking the pic.

Sooo jealous

That reminds me of when I was a child in school. We would all hang out at one of my friends (who is one of my golfing buddies today) house. They had a split-level house with a full basement. We would have putt putt tournaments where you had to putt down the hall, down three sets of stairs, off the basement door into a hole!!...those were the days...!!

That reminds me of when I was a child in school. We would all hang out at one of my friends (who is one of my golfing buddies today) house. They had a split-level house with a full basement. We would have putt putt tournaments where you had to putt down the hall, down three sets of stairs, off the basement door into a hole!!...those were the days...!!

Just curious though - what kind of grass is in your yard?

In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

Regular ole Bermuda Grass

Sweeeeet. Watch out for those fliers though!

get a crap load of dirt... build yourself a lil mound/elevated green... get some good bentgrass type(or other greens type grass) seed... and you got a "real" green in a few weeks...
get some ponding materials so you can build a small water hazard...
get a buttload of sand...
rent (if you dont already have) those tiny bulldozer/backhoe things...
im pretty sure im missing a bunch of crap but you could prolly find it all on the internet and do it for relatively cheap
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Does UGA have a turf management school? Call and get some of their students to come out and use it as a demonstration area.

Kevin

-------
In the Bag
Driver: G15 9.0*3 & 5 Wood: BurnerHybrid: Pro Gold 20*; 23*Irons: MP-58 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*8; 56*14Putter: Newport 2.0 33"Balls: NXT

Looks pretty solid. I might be doing a short par 3 in my backyard too. How does your green work for putting?

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

Note: This thread is 5481 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!