IGNORED

How many "ACES" do you have?

rembrandt
Note: This thread is 3206 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've had one, failry long hole-224 with a four. Never saw it, right into the sun. My playing partner said it was going right at it, it felt like I pushed it. Walk up to the green, see the pitch mark five feet in front, ball in the hole. Booyakasha!!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 3, but only one was actually a good shot. The first one was actually horrible. A very short hole, hit a wedge thin into a wall it went dead right and into the hole.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

• Administrator
If I might ask, why the lay off? I laid off from 99 till last year due to hip problems but can play now with a bionic titanium hip. I had given up on golf and gave my clubs to my oldest son!

College, then getting my "real life" started. Not a whole lot of disposable income when you're just out of school.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Into a wall ? putt-putt doesnt count brah

It was a 110 yard par 3, all carry over water. The wall was just left of the green protecting a 7000 square foot house from hackers like myself.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

According to the guys who run the course, I am the only person to eagle the First hole at The Creeks in Springdale. It is a par 4, 365 yds with a dogleg left over a creek onto an elevated green about the size of two postage stamps. I hit a good drive into the short grass and a 9 iron one-hopped itself into the bunny hole... I was thrilled, but didn't find out I was the only one until one of my playing companions was telling the course pro about it after our round.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

not one! My handicap has been between scratch and one for the last 5 years, and my irons are the BEST part of my game....my father on the other hand (who is a good player) has 7! and his irons are the WORST part of his game! and the worst part is, half of his aces have been while I've been playing with him...and he never lets me forget it

Zero, although I did come close on two incidents.

The first was on a par 3 110 yard downhill hole. I hit a half swing gap wedge, landed it right on the edge of the green. The ball then HIT the pin and rolled another 6 inches. If the pin hadn't have been there it would have gone in.

The second was on a 162 yard par 3. I hit a 6-iron to the center of the green. The ball rolled around the edge of the cup, changed direction and stopped three feet away. Another centimeter to the right and it would have gone in.

Driver: HiBore 9.5°, UST ProForce V2 67g
Woods: Launcher Steel 15°
Hybrid: Halo 2i 19°, 3i 22°
Irons: CG4 4-PW
Wedges: CG10 52°, 56° Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 Balls: NXT Tour, Pro V1, Nike One, Callaway HX

College, then getting my "real life" started. Not a whole lot of disposable income when you're just out of school.

I got to play a lot of golf while I was in college. I ran the pro shop at the old college campus at Sam Houston U. When I got out of school I went to work for the railroad and played several times a week. I guess I was lucky in a way. The old Country Campus was once a prison for German soldiers during World War 11 and my dad who was a RR Engineer use to stop his train near the old barracks and let the prisoners be removed out of box cars. They would then march them over to the barracks. The place was also used as a Kansas City try-out camp for baseball. Just thought I'd let you know some history trivia.

Golf is not a game, it's a way of life!

Driver...Cubic Balance offset
Fairway wood......Flying Saucer
3-Wood....Cleveland LauncherIrons.......Callaway Great Big Bertha w/graphite shaftswedges....Cleveland sand wedge, Callaway Lob wedge putter....Claveland VAS.

Zero, although I did come close on two incidents.

Hey man, you sure look alot like Clint Eastwood!

I hit a 5 iron 168 that bounced a couple of times, hit the back of the hole,rattled around the flag stick and jumped out. If it had gone in I would have won a new Buick car. People around the green said they couldn't believe it stayed out. Just my luck!

Golf is not a game, it's a way of life!

Driver...Cubic Balance offset
Fairway wood......Flying Saucer
3-Wood....Cleveland LauncherIrons.......Callaway Great Big Bertha w/graphite shaftswedges....Cleveland sand wedge, Callaway Lob wedge putter....Claveland VAS.

Two. Both in tournaments.

The first was in a college tournament in 1996. I hit a four iron from 183 slightly uphill and into a light breeze. The bottom of the hole was blocked out by the lip of the bunker and the ball hit once and went in. One of my playing competitors was standing to the side and saw it go in. I never did. I ended up winning the tournamnent by one shot.

The second was in a member-guest in 2003. I hit a wedge from about 135 (downhill). It hit about 8 feet past the pin and spun back into the hole. That was sweet to watch.

What wasn't sweet was that there was no prize on the hole except for a $25 gift certificate to the pro shop for closest to the pin.

Still, I'm fortunate to have had two in my life.

The longest shot I've ever holed out was 215 yards at the course Erik now belongs to. I pulled my drive on #3 (shortish par 4) into the trees and it came pretty much straight down. I took out a 3 iron and hit a low hook down the hill and never saw the ball. There was a guy standing on #6 tee that said he thought he heard something hit the flag...and sure enough...there was my ball.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

not one! My handicap has been between scratch and one for the last 5 years, and my irons are the BEST part of my game....my father on the other hand (who is a good player) has 7! and his irons are the WORST part of his game! and the worst part is, half of his aces have been while I've been playing with him...and he never lets me forget it

Which goes to prove there really is no justice in this world.

I feel your pain!

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

One for me. 171 yard 8 iron (down hill) at Robert Trent Jones Trail in Dothan, AL. I feel really lucky after reading about all you guys that are so much better than me that have never had one.

Driver: Superquad 9.5° - XS
3 Wood: Big Bertha II 15° - S
Irons: Mizuno MX-20
Wedges: Mizuno 50-06, 56-11, 60-05
Putter: Hog Mallet

One 3 years ago on 200 yard with a 4 iron.Pure skill

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

I just had my first a few months ago. I was playing with an old college buddy of mine who is now playing the mini-tours. We were playing at Emeral Bay which is a club he used to work at. On #16 (after a dismall round) I hit an 8 iron 156 yards for my first ace. The best part was that the bar tab was under $100!!

Note: This thread is 3206 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!