IGNORED

Short game fails me again

saevel25
Note: This thread is 5034 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ounce again, i take 6 shots with in 100 yards to get the ball in the hole.. My old nemisis strikes again.

I go Bogie, Par, Par, Par, Bogie, Bogie, Birdie, Triple, Bogie... a good round ruined, specifically taking 5 shots with in 30 feet of the hole, oh the horror..

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I feel your pain.
I think we all do!!
I'm reminded of a quote from the ATT pro-am at pebble: "When I go on tour the first thing that goes is my short game" Alice Cooper.

You're Tiger Woods huh?

I don't get it? His putting has been poor but Tiger's chipping/pitching have been fantastic this year and the past few.

To the OP: practice practice practice. Everybody has times where they just can't get the ball close. You'll get through it.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Been there. I was down to the last two holes Monday (we started on 14) at Oakland Hills and on track to break 90. Although I hit my drive in a FW bunker on the par 5 12th, I advanced it quite nicely with a 7i and then came up just short of the green in 3. I can still chip and putt for par or 2 putt for a bogey. The pin was back, so I had plenty of green and straight up chunked my chip into a nasty bunker. Next shot was over the green and down the hill. I pitched back on in 6 and 2 putted for a triple. I wasn't thinking about the score, but grew some wings and a beak on the back swing of my chip and decelerated and the rest is history.

I see your from Dayton as well. Where do you play?

- Shane

You're Tiger Woods huh?

I wonder, do you have any friends in real life? You're priobably one of the biggest ass holes I have come across.

And as Jamo said, his chipping/pitching has been great. saevel, I know what you mean, this happens to me too. Even though I practice chipping and pitching the most out of anything, it still happens.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

I know what i do, i don't finish the chip shot. I struck the chip well, but i slowed down through impact, not a good thing. Don't know why i did, i know i wanted to hit it on the green have it roll to about 5-7 feet below the hole for an uphill putt. I really don't try to hit them close unless i am going up the hill and an easy chip. this one i had to go over a mound next to the bunker, the ones that form from constant bunker use, the sand builds the green up forming a mound. Well i hit the upslope of that, the ball just stopped in the fringe.. Really pisses me off. Then i go and three jack the green, just add insult to injury.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 5034 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!