IGNORED

Stupid question of the day

Note: This thread is 4662 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just got a new Taylormade bag and I cannot figure out what this plastic ring is for. At first I thought it might be for an umbrella, but there is a velcro strap next to it for the umbrella.

I give up, anyone?

IMG_0156.jpg

• Administrator

Seems to me it's for your towel.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by iacas

I thought that as well, but with the towel hooked to that ring really makes the towel hang low. I have my towel attached to the small "D" ring just to the left.

IMG_0158.JPG

It appears to me that it is just there for conveinence to attach things to the bag.  Towel, club brush, bag watch, rangefinder/gps, etc.  If you go into a golf store there are probably dozens of things that come with a clip so you can attach them to the bag.  Most bags I have ever seen include something like this to give you a place to attach these things.  It's just there for your conveinence.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

Towel ring. If the towel hangs too low, buy a shorter towel or double it up.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

bag tag holder???  is it small enough for a ball???  could it be a ball liner??? where you draw the sharpie around the equator?  It has a specific tab at the bottom right..and look at how it bevels on the inside

Driver Wishon 919THI 4 Wood Pure Fit w Accuflex

Ping Rapture hybrid Irons Wishon 770 CFE with Apollo Humps regular Gripmaster rubber grips 4-aw Wedges Ping MB 56 Ping Eye 2 Lob &nbsp ;Mentor Quad putter gripmaster gator grip

Bantam chipper leather grip

Maybe If you pull it, the bag makes funny sounds kind of like a Tickle Me Elmo

nickent.gif4DX Evolver Driver, ping.gif Rapture 3 Wood, taylormade.gif Burner 08 5 Wood, nickent.gif 3DX RC 3-4 & 5DX 5 Hybrid,
nickent.gif 6-PW 3DX Hybrid Irons, cleveland.gif High Bore 09 GW-SW, touredge.gif 60* Wedge, maxfli.gif Revolution Blade Insert Putter

Yes I'm Aware That's 16 Clubs!

• 1 month later...

It's for your towel.  But you don't clip the towel to it.  You run the towel through it.  The "tab" there in the 4 o'clock position helps you stabilize the ring while you're pulling the towel through the ring.

1000x500px-LL-4a402677_IMG_0156.jpg

:tmade: SLDR 12* :ping: G20 4W :adams: Speedline Super S 4H :mizuno: JPX-825 Pro 4-G :tmade: ATV 56* & 60* :cameron: 2014 Select Newport or 1997 Teryllium 3 Newport

My Taylormade bag has the same ring.. I use it for a towel....

Taylormade Burner Superfast 2.0 Driver Taylormade Burner Superfast 2.0 3 Wood Taylormade R11 Hybrid 19* Taylormade MC Forged Irons 4-PW Taylormade XFT 52, 56 60 Wedges Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Putter Taylormade Penta Balls

Originally Posted by LankyLefty

Maybe If you pull it, the bag makes funny sounds kind of like a Tickle Me Elmo

Wilson FG Tour 4-SW

Alpha Driver

Adams Speedline 3W
Oddessy #9 Putter

Bridgestone B330-S

Originally Posted by cruzthepug

I thought that as well, but with the towel hooked to that ring really makes the towel hang low. I have my towel attached to the small "D" ring just to the left.

that "d" ring is maybe for your rain cover? does your rain cover have little velcro straps on it?

Originally Posted by iacas

Originally Posted by Zeph

Towel ring. If the towel hangs too low, buy a shorter towel or double it up.

This.  And don't worry... it's not that dumb of question... it's not like you're asking if we think if you have the ability to play on tour...

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Note: This thread is 4662 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!