IGNORED

Ryan Braun Innocent

dustin88thewind
Note: This thread is 3929 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My roommate is from Milwaukee and has remained adamant over past year about Ryan Braun's "innocence." Needless to say, yesterday was a lot of fun for me and my roommates

In the Bag:
:titleist: 913 D3 - 9.5* - Diamana Stiff 62g
:mizuno: MP 64s 3-PW - DGS300
:cleveland: CG12 52* & 56*
:tmade: Rosa

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now they are saying that mlb is trying to get arod on a lifetime ban.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by dsc123

Now they are saying that mlb is trying to get arod on a lifetime ban.

So he can't show up in games?

He's been doing that for that past few years.

• Upvote 1

Wow. Baseball is pathetic. No cap. Season is forever long. And then you have Ass-Rods making loads of cash and cheating all along the way.

Originally Posted by zipazoid

So he can't show up in games?

He's been doing that for that past few years.

Ha, very true.  The yankees would probably love it because I think they have an insurance policy that pays his salary if he doesn't play.  Not to mention the $30M in bonuses he gets as he hits home runs 660 through 763.

At this point, you have to wonder what a long (i.e, 100+ games) suspension would have on his career. Obviously a lifetime ban would end it, but with his age and injuries, a long suspension could end his career.

The lifetime ban has the added effect of keeping him out of the hall of fame, though.  A guy with 647 home runs, 3 MVPs, 14 all-star appearances, two gold gloves, and just short of 3000 hits.  By career WAR, he's ranked 12th, right between Ted Williams and Lou Gehrig.

The way voters today act, he probably wouldn't get voted in anytime soon regardless.  But I suspect that with time, the Bonds, McGwires, and Sosas of the world will be forgiven.  A lifetime ban would change that for Arod.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Have to disagree with this part. The only people that want salary caps are ones who do not deserve to have a team in their city. Besides, spending outrageous money buys nothing. Hell, the Yankees have a team on the field that compares price-wise with the Rays (yes, I know they are paying another $100 mill plus for guys who are not playing) Baseball is the only sport where a Bernie Williams, Jorge Posada, Derek Jeter and Mariano Rivera can play their whole career with one team. Was anybody excited to watch Emmit Smith end his career as a Cardinal or Joe Montana hanging on in Kansas City? If A-roid were to get a lifetime ban, it would just enforce what a joke Selig is. A lifetime ban for a player who is 37 and may never play again means nothing. Selig created this mess, yet the under-educated will hail him as a hero for *cleaning up the game.* At this point, Jose Canseco has more credibility than the *commissioner.* edit: Wow, the site refuses to allow me to make paragraphs

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Originally Posted by meenman

Have to disagree with this part. The only people that want salary caps are ones who do not deserve to have a team in their city. Besides, spending outrageous money buys nothing. Hell, the Yankees have a team on the field that compares price-wise with the Rays (yes, I know they are paying another $100 mill plus for guys who are not playing)Baseball is the only sport where a Bernie Williams, Jorge Posada, Derek Jeter and Mariano Rivera can play their whole career with one team.Was anybody excited to watch Emmit Smith end his career as a Cardinal or Joe Montana hanging on in Kansas City?If A-roid were to get a lifetime ban, it would just enforce what a joke Selig is. A lifetime ban for a player who is 37 and may never play again means nothing. Selig created this mess, yet the under-educated will hail him as a hero for *cleaning up the game.*At this point, Jose Canseco has more credibility than the *commissioner.*edit: Wow, the site refuses to allow me to make paragraphs

You make a great argument, and definitely agree with the Emmit and Montana parallels, but lets be honest.  They were let go from their respective teams because they were past their prime.  So while the hardcore fan was sad to see their teams let these icons go... They at least got to play and get paid before they went out.  So even under a league/sport that has a hard cap, it's not the end of the world.  And creates parity.

Having no cap in baseball has nothing to do with 'do not deserve to have a team in their city'.  I don't know how you come to that sentiment?

I grew up as a Yankees fan in central Ohio... Where everyone was an Indian or Reds fan... My step father was big into baseball, and he loved the Yankees because as a kid, that's all he got to watch on TV and listen to on the radio.  And living out in the country (BFE), we didn't get cable TV.  So we had satellite (those huge dishes in our backyard)... And I would watch all the Yankees games and enjoyed watching guys Dave Winfield, Rickie Henderson, Don Mattingly, Dave Righetti all play.  That was when baseball was awesome as a kid for me. I would collect baseball cards, and track stats with my step father.  I remember when we couldn't watch the Yankees, he would get the USA today, just so we could look at the box scores and see how our favorite players were doing (batting average, steals, hits, etc.).  This was pre-internet... It was a lot of fun.

Then came the years of roids, home run derby, and guys like Ass-rod making $275 million dollars.  No thanks.  I'd rather watch golf, or football.  At least in football there is a cap... I'll watch the NBA too... But that is typically only during the playoffs when teams actually play both ways.

Note: This thread is 3929 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!