• Announcements

    • iacas

      GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

      Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dustin88thewind

Ryan Braun Innocent

61 posts in this topic

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

The test results seemed a little sketchy anyways, so not surprising.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by dustin88thewind

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7608360/ryan-braun-wins-appeal-50-game-suspension

Thoughts anyone?



Methinks the term "innocent" is open to interpretation.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think any of us know enough to make an informed opinion on this. We don't know exactly what the first test said, what the difference with the second one was, etc.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What the test said is not in question, even by Braun's side.  The improper handling of the test and it's process is how he won the appeal.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He got off on an technicality.  The result is he's innocent because they mis-handled the evidence and can't prove their case.  The outcome doesn't prove he never used PEDS.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The second test that are offered after the first one is positive never prove anything. Most drugs used  these days have a pretty fast clearence rates of days not months. With a couple of days warning, the users will always test clean. As far as I can tell the only argument in this case would be tampering/sample mixup. S ynthetic testosterone has distinct markers (from the Floyd Landis episode) and it will not just show up no matter how the sample is handled. Braun got off on a technicallty (and if it was a WADA test he wouldn't have). It definitely doesn't look good.

Are some people that test positive innocent. You bet. But it is like 1% not the 99% that claim it. He just better hope his power numbers don't drop 30% this year. That always looks bad....

Originally Posted by jamo

I don't think any of us know enough to make an informed opinion on this. We don't know exactly what the first test said, what the difference with the second one was, etc.



0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't say innocent.

His case got thrown out of court....

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I wouldn't go quite that far. After I am unaware of half his teammates testing positive. Of course that is probably a sign of how poor the testing procedures are.

Originally Posted by Shorty

Drug free -

Just like Lance Armstrong



0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is really not so much of a reflection on Braun as it is MLB's lack of desire to really crack down on PED's use.  If you test positive for a PED in MLB you are either taking something that unknowingly contains a banned substance or really stupid.  Until MLB implements random testing it's not very serious about eliminating PED's in the sport.  The current testing was only put in place to get Congress out of their business.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

*not guilty* is probably a more accurate term than *innocent*

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades



Originally Posted by jamo

I don't think any of us know enough to make an informed opinion on this. We don't know exactly what the first test said, what the difference with the second one was, etc.



This.  On top of that though, people who have privilege to this information need to start keeping their mouths shut.  There is no reason that his failed test should have leaked, the appeal should have been private as should the result.  The bottom line is that he was cleared by the arbitrator but because everything is public he has a snowballs chance in hell of avoiding some sort of stigma.  The only time we should hear anything at all is if a player winds up being suspended, at that point there is no avoiding it, but until there is a failed test that is upheld the public should no nothing.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Because someone may be deemed not guilty on a technicality doesn't mean they didn't commit the crime it just means there wasn't enough evidence to prove the case.  Based on the CBA, they had to have reason to believe he was using PEDS in order to request the test in the first place.

If 85 is your birth year you're probably not old enough to remember OJ and Nicole Brown Simpson.

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

This.  On top of that though, people who have privilege to this information need to start keeping their mouths shut.  There is no reason that his failed test should have leaked, the appeal should have been private as should the result.  The bottom line is that he was cleared by the arbitrator but because everything is public he has a snowballs chance in hell of avoiding some sort of stigma.  The only time we should hear anything at all is if a player winds up being suspended, at that point there is no avoiding it, but until there is a failed test that is upheld the public should no nothing.



0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades



Originally Posted by newtogolf

If 85 is your birth year you're probably not old enough to remember OJ and Nicole Brown Simpson.



I was born in 89 and I remember OJ just fine. The bastards cancelled Power Rangers to cover the stupid trial...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A friend of mine has connections with the team and a few players. She said that his sample actually was tampered with, but I still don't see how or why.  I'm skeptical of these situations since my dad is a cyclist and follows the pro events and whatnot. Everyone who gets busted over there always claims some excuse but ends up fessing up eventually (except contador and his tainted beef).  He also apparently never had herpes so that excuse with the medicine is out.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I'm gonna have to say I believe him. Just too many weird twists to the story. Like His sample going missing for 44 hours, he tested 3x higher than anyone has ever tested positive before, his head didn't double in size...plus he seemed very sincere in his interview. I'm a cubs fan so for me to say this means I really must believe him...cuz I was the first person to talk trash to my friends who are brewers fans. When the other guys that have been involved with steroids defended themselves, i could tell they were completely full of crap. Even when mark McGwire half assed admitted it you could tell there was so much more he was covering up...same with A Rod. Braun didn't stutter once, and looked like he was someone that was pretty sure of himself...and seemed pretty respectful in doing so. He could have talked some trash but he didn't.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by jhwmusic

Yeah, I'm gonna have to say I believe him. Just too many weird twists to the story. Like His sample going missing for 44 hours, he tested 3x higher than anyone has ever tested positive before, his head didn't double in size...plus he seemed very sincere in his interview. I'm a cubs fan so for me to say this means I really must believe him...cuz I was the first person to talk trash to my friends who are brewers fans. When the other guys that have been involved with steroids defended themselves, i could tell they were completely full of crap. Even when mark McGwire half assed admitted it you could tell there was so much more he was covering up...same with A Rod. Braun didn't stutter once, and looked like he was someone that was pretty sure of himself...and seemed pretty respectful in doing so. He could have talked some trash but he didn't.



I think one thing that people did make a good point of was that his numbers haven't really gotten out of control. He's stayed pretty consistent. He isn't exactly going insane on the home runs or breaking crazy records, but who knows.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0