IGNORED

Luke Donald is Switching Irons And Swing Coaches

Note: This thread is 3881 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by mvmac

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmanhockey7

I thought Luke played the 63s. And the place I work at has the 64s and H4 club heads for hitting. We also got some project X graphite shafts and 2 C-Taper shafts. The 64 head with the C-Taper shaft was awesome!

He has recently been playing the MP-59's.  He did use the 63's for a while.  MP-64's probably feel a lot similar to his 63's.

Thought he used the 32s, then the 62s, tried the 63s and didn't care for them (in spite of the glowing reviews he gave them while on the driving range in a few Mizuno sponsored youtube videos) then either stayed at or went to number 1 in the world with the 62s back in the bag. He's pretty much played like garbage since retiring the 62s.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Thought he used the 32s, then the 62s, tried the 63s and didn't care for them (in spite of the glowing reviews he gave them while on the driving range in a few Mizuno sponsored youtube videos) then either stayed at or went to number 1 in the world with the 62s back in the bag. He's pretty much played like garbage since retiring the 62s.

Yep my mistake, I had the image of the MP62's in my head but said 63

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by mvmac

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Yep my mistake, I had the image of the MP62's in my head but said 63

I wonder if they were the same set of 62s the entire time? I know if "groove wear" is the deciding factor on whether or not my old Mizunos are playable then they're good for another 20 years easily (it helps when you hit the ball all over the face).

• Upvote 1

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• 1 year later...
Originally Posted by Mike Bracco

lol @ horrible. the 59s are probably the most positivly reviewed irons in recent history.

Indeed.

Driver: Titleist 910D2 9.5* Aldila RIP

3 Wood: Titleist 910F 15* Aldila RIP

3 & 4 Hybrid: Tour Edge Exotic XCG-5

5 & 6 Iron: Mizuno MP-H4 KBS Tour Shaft

7, 8, 9, & PW: Mizuno MP-59 KBS Tour Shaft

50, 54, & 60: Vokey SM4 Wedges

Putter: Scotty Circa 62 #3

Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

Incidentally, Luke Donald is switching swing coaches too -- leaving Pat Goss who he's been with since college. He first tried to join Sean Foley's stable but Foley said he had too many top guys on the books already and recommended Chuck Cook -- who coaches Jason Dufner -- instead. Anyway, back to the sticks ...

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

• 2 weeks later...
According to Jason Sobel's Twiiter, Luke Donald asked to work with Sean Foley and Foley said no.........Im sure more will come of this. Maybe he has a full roster?

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

What happened to Donald.  When Tiger dropped out of first this guy was top 3 and even #1 for a brief period.  Is he even top 10 anymore?  He just seems to have fallen.  Never really in contention.

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

What happened to Donald.  When Tiger dropped out of first this guy was top 3 and even #1 for a brief period.  Is he even top 10 anymore?  He just seems to have fallen.  Never really in contention.

Well he was first in a bit of a vacuum and he got there by being really consistent without any real periods of dominance.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 3881 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!