IGNORED

Big Break: Greenbrier

JetFan1983
Note: This thread is 4145 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by mvmac

Good thing they repeat it 20,000 times a day

Haha, good point.

I'm pretty sure Golf Channel could use the equivalent version of the genius that was Steve Sabol and his father. That'd be nice.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Big Breaker Liam Friedman will be answering your questions today, go to this thread below

http://thesandtrap.com/t/62638/big-breaker-liam-friedman-answers-your-questions-today

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I could do without Stu, personally.  I realize the producers want me to be pulling for him, as he is a recovering drug addict and all, but the "Dude..that was just like a wicked gnarly shot" routine gets annoying very quickly.

Originally Posted by wadesworld

I could do without Stu, personally.  I realize the producers want me to be pulling for him, as he is a recovering drug addict and all, but the "Dude..that was just like a wicked gnarly shot" routine gets annoying very quickly.

Agreed.

Decided after last night's episode I'm pulling for Rick for two reasons:

1.  During the first challenge his opponent almost gifted the win to him by missing the fairway on an easy shot and he was disappointed and commented on it with something like "I don't want to win by default, I want to beat everybody when they are playing their best."  I love that attitude ... a winner's attitude.

2.  He quoted from the movie "Dodgeball" during the show (and a fairly obscure quote at that).  How can you not like that?

Regarding the show ... I think the correct 3 were in the elimination challenge and also that the right guy went home.  He just didn't seem in it at all.  Chan - with his inexplicable course management in both immunity challenges - shouldn't last too much longer either.

Is it me or is Stephanie Sparks getting better looking?...

And I wish Tom Abbott was not on the show.. can't stand his voice.

Tools in the Ogio bag.
Driver      Callaway
 Razr Fit Xtreme 8.5* Extra Stiff

3 wood   Callaway X hot Stiff flex

Hybrid     Ping I20 3H 20* & 4H 23*
Irons       Ping  I20 5-PW

Wedges  Ping Tour Gorge 52 & 56 Callaway Mack daddy 60*

Putter     Scotty Cameron Monterey

Balls      Bridgestone B-330

Shoes          Skycaddie SGX

Originally Posted by mazzamouth

I saw Steph in 2010 in Portland...I went over and chatted with her...she is much better looking in real life and a doll.

She would wave to me each time I saw her on the course.

Steph should have Kelly's job.

Yes, get rid of Abbott and replace him with Holly.

Yes, she is quite attractive.

I think they are both fine (her and Abbott) except for one thing, and he is worse than her but they both do it.  Frequently when a contestant screws up a shot, they react with the kind of shock and amazement that should only be reserved for questionable judgment and mental mistakes.  Like "Oh my god, I can't believe he did that!  He missed the green!  What a huge mistake!"  Well, no doy.  We all know he was trying to hit the green, but its a hard game, people make mistakes.

On the other hand, that kind of reaction would be warranted (in my opinion) for things like last night when Chan chickened out in the first challenge and went back to his hybrid from 3-wood, and when he chose 8-iron for the second challenge.  They could have even copied SNL and done a "REALLY!?!? with Tom and Stephanie" for those two decisions.

Tom:  "Really, Chan?  I mean you already had 3-wood in your hand, but thought it would be better to switch to a club that MIGHT go further than your opponents?  Really?"

Stephanie:  "Really?!?  You actually thought that hitting a punch 1/2 or 2/3 8-iron would get you closer to the hole than a chip or putt with a 4 or 5 iron?  Really?!??!"

• Upvote 1

SQUATCH!!!  This guy just cracks me up.  He just goes right for the driver and hits it a measly 291 - center cut.  I like him... I know he is a long shot.  But he is a fun guy to watch and root for.

they've zoomed out a bit more on both of them lately.

with that being said, most people on tv are more attractive in real life.  its hard to pull the fantasy out of the tube, even if it is a reality show.

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

Originally Posted by gimpermike88

James Lepp chipping style....wow....enough said.

yeah never seen anything like it

Mike McLoughlin

Originally Posted by namkrats

Is this considered a legal stroke?

Yep it's legal, this is one of the comments below the video

Mike McLoughlin

A question for those of you who have watched past seasons of the show:  Do the contestants always have as much experience as this seasons seem to have?

I pictured the show as being more of an American Idol type thing where the contestants were "nobody's" in need of a "Big Break."  But there seems to be quite a few players this season who have had web.com tour experience, or who have even had professional wins, and one that competed in the US Open a couple of years ago.  Also, based on the few episodes from last season that I saw, most of those girls were pretty inexperienced players, so I assumed it was always like that.

I'm liking watching Sasquatch and Robert (I think that's his name, the guy that works in a pro shop and has no experience) and starting to really pull for both of them lately.  (Still a big fan of Rick and his attitude though)

Quote:
Yep it's legal.

I was under the impression a stroke only constituted as legal if the ball was struck. This seems like a scooping motion similar to dragging the putter along the ground towards the ball.

Note: This thread is 4145 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!