IGNORED

Callaway Introduces 2013 X Forged Irons!

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3921 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Stretch

If I ever get good, I'll bag those.

In the meantime, think I'm leaning towards the Legacy Black over the X-Forged. If only to annoy you guys in America, where you can't get them.

These are just basically the Diablo forged irons. I have confirmed that eith callaway for twice the price and without the red and black badge on the back!

Ernie's on the X-Forged bandwagon! Yesterday's 2nd round in Malaysia:

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 7 months later...

Wait just a minute here!  Does this design look familiar?  How about a comparison to the Ping Zing 2 irons (followed by the ISI models) - both heel/toe weighted with a center cutout to allow for the club head to glide more easily through the turf.  Hmmm.

Very nice, simple, sure wish I was good enough to bag them!

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Originally Posted by hacker101

Very nice, simple, sure wish I was good enough to bag them!

You probably are -

Was at a Callaway Demo Day - and took one stroke each - 5-PW - each shot was a golfasm.

It was not on the course, but ... so end of year tempting, I may sell the Miuras.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

A great looking change in appearance from Callaway, I really like them.  Price point isn't bad for the market Callaway is going for.

I had an experience similar to Mr. D - just not quite as dramatic.

At a recent demo day, I reluctantly took a few shots with the new X.Forged irons. In the past, any version of Callaway X.Forged has been a lesson in humility - not just with PX 6.0, but even with the old PX 5.0 shaft. I generally got low, vibrating shots that never registered on the launch monitor.

Pleasant surprise this time. The new PXi in 5.5 version was fairly easy to hit, and I got some nice high shots with the 6i, and some OK shots with the 4i. Not sure what they did to the clubhead, but it was nice for a change. The slightly lighter shaft helped too.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

I had an experience similar to Mr. D - just not quite as dramatic. At a recent demo day, I reluctantly took a few shots with the new X.Forged irons. In the past, any version of Callaway X.Forged has been a lesson in humility - not just with PX 6.0, but even with the old PX 5.0 shaft. I generally got low, vibrating shots that never registered on the launch monitor. Pleasant surprise this time. The new PXi in 5.5 version was fairly easy to hit, and I got some nice high shots with the 6i, and some OK shots with the 4i. Not sure what they did to the clubhead, but it was nice for a change. The slightly lighter shaft helped too.

Yes Loved the pxi 5,5 but might go KBS Tour 90

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I'm just an ordinary mid handicapper. I own a set of Ping G25 and Ping i20. My ball striking is ok but not great.

Out of a whim I recently bought a set of X Forged (5.5 shaft) and immediately fell in love with them. I hit them better tan the Pings (I was surprised by that) and the feeling off the face is just amazing. I'm very happy I bought them. And they look beautiful too.

As a side note, talking about swingweights, my G25 measure D1, my i20 measure D0, and the X Forged measure D3. I suspect maybe I hit the X Forged better because the higher swingweight suits me.

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Yes

Loved the pxi 5,5 but might go KBS Tour 90

Similar ideas. I would consider the slightly friendlier PX.95 in 5.0 or 5.5, from the X.Hot Pro irons.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Note: This thread is 3921 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!