Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SloverUT

Legitimate excuse for my bad shot..

16 posts in this topic

So I finally have a legitimate excuse for my bad shot today.  Around 12:15 or so I was on the 18th hole making my approach shot.  Just as a started to hit the ball the whole area starts shaking and I hit a terrible shot lol.  Apparently there was a 4.3 mag Earthquake just to the north of where I live and the tremors found there way to the course.   I find new excuses every day!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Nice thread. That excuse will be hard to beat. My most recent excuse was that my glove, which was too worn and sweaty, slipped on the tee of a 160 yd par 3 and I hit a big push. Ended up double bogey, the only one of the round. Bummer. I always seem to have some excuse or other for not breaking 80 .... :)

My best excuse was when I was in a tournament, and they actually let me redo my shot. The city I live in has tornado sirens on every golf course, as well as around town, and they just so happened to begin a test of them as I was swinging, causing me to shank one onto the railroad tracks. The rulekeeper was pretty cool about it though, after he and my playing partners stopped laughing, and I was able to retake the stroke.

played yesterday and being a public course...someone on the adjacent hole screams EXTREMELY loud "Heyyyy, hold on!" as i'm in my downswing...Normally, noise and stuff doesn't bother me but I thought he was talking to me!

Originally Posted by SloverUT

So I finally have a legitimate excuse for my bad shot today.  Around 12:15 or so I was on the 18th hole making my approach shot.  Just as a started to hit the ball the whole area starts shaking and I hit a terrible shot lol.  Apparently there was a 4.3 mag Earthquake just to the north of where I live and the tremors found there way to the course.   I find new excuses every day!

No earthquake ... that was me on another hole hitting a shot ... fat.

Earth shaking won it for Danny Noonan.

We had a 4.7 in New England three weeks ago but I didn't feel it.

The tremors here lasted about 15 seconds,  Very weird feeling.

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

No earthquake ... that was me on another hole hitting a shot ... fat.

lol

Originally Posted by Chas

lol

Related to your avatar, I'd be ****ing PISSED if I walked up to a green and saw that was in my line to the hole, haha.

So you 8 putted?  That is pretty remarkable.. lol

Originally Posted by robrey85

Related to your avatar, I'd be ****ing PISSED if I walked up to a green and saw that was in my line to the hole, haha.

Interesting - I never thought about that.

I'll tell you why I was pissed on that hole:  the ball ended up about 8 feet from the hole (after nearly pitching in) and I three-putted for bogey (par 3).  Ridiculous.

:)

Earth shaking won it for Danny Noonan.

We had a 4.7 in New England three weeks ago but I didn't feel it.

I felt it but it was at 7:00 pm so no golf was interrupted.