• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jspangler

Brandt Snedeker future #1 in the WGR?

51 posts in this topic

I'm throwing it out there I think Brandt Snedecker is going to be #1 in the world if he can maintain this ridiculous stretch he's on. I predict him to win a major this year and he is probably 1 of the top 2 putter on tour. Even if Tiger is back he does really play a full schedule making it easier to pass him. He is definitely the #1 player right now.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I don't doubt he is one of the best in the world and may possibly reach number 1 but before I put him there I'd to see win this year first.

He is on one hell of a stretch right now, and it is certainly possible. However, it will be hard to maintain this kind of run.

Awards and Achievements

Where is Brocks? He would be perfect for this type of thread / discussion. 1.) Breaking TW down on where he stands to make it to #1 2.) Giving us run downs on the strength of tournaments He would be able to tell you exactly what Sneds would have to do to make it to #1. Come on Brocks! Come back to TST. I miss your insight and analysis.

Awards and Achievements

Like above idk the numbers on how to get to number one and I also know that it will be hard to maintain this pace. But why not Snedecker? The only other person in the top 10 that plays as consistent as Snedecker is Louie. And like I stated above I bet he wins a major this year. He loves Augusta, Merion should suit his game this year, and he played very well at last years Open minus 1 round. Rory and Tiger both play shortened schedules which really puts a lot of pressure on every start.

I really like Sned's game.  He doesn't spend a bunch of time over the ball, and he never looks rattled, even when he hits a poor shot.  Just seems to be in control.

See how he handles the majors then make a call.

We saw him twice not stack up to Tiger and Phil in a non major

Not stack up to tiger or Phil? In all fairness Phil shot a 60 on Thursday, and he wasn't really in contention on the weekend. So it's not as if they were tied going into Sunday and he bombed. Oh and where was Phil this weekend? Seems that Phil didn't stack up to Brandt. I think he will get there, Lee Westwood and Luke Donald both made it there without a major.

According to a talking head on TGC, he's 4th in the world behind Woods as of yesterday.

He doesn't miss cuts cough tiger/rory cough and has been in the top 10 for 8 of his last 9 iirc.

If he keeps this up, he's on track for #1.

Yeah. If he keeps finishing first or second in tournaments he'll eventually be #1 in the world.

He seems pretty consistent so it's not unbelievable.

Awards and Achievements

Also I do believe he took down 3 of the top 5 players on Sunday at East Lake, with 10 million dollar prize on the line I'm sure that had a major feel to it.

Of course he will become the number 1 if he finishes in the top 2 in every tournament he plays. But that won't happen (remember Mahan or Wilson last year - they looked unbeatable too for a month). It would really surprise me if he passes Woods or McIlroy. But I think he can be a solid top 5 player, if he can maintain his form.

And the tournaments he played this year so far didn't have really strong fields (OWGR-Points: 40, 50 and 52).

Originally Posted by WWBDD

According to a talking head on TGC, he's 4th in the world behind Woods as of yesterday.

He doesn't miss cuts cough tiger/rory cough and has been in the top 10 for 8 of his last 9 iirc.

He has missed more than 25% of the cuts in events he has entered in his career.  Tiger has missed less than 6%

cough facts cough

Let's not get carried away with ourselves.  A month of golf is not a season.  Cf. Hunter Mahan last year.

Awards and Achievements

Originally Posted by Jspangler

Not stack up to tiger or Phil? In all fairness Phil shot a 60 on Thursday, and he wasn't really in contention on the weekend. So it's not as if they were tied going into Sunday and he bombed. Oh and where was Phil this weekend? Seems that Phil didn't stack up to Brandt. I think he will get there, Lee Westwood and Luke Donald both made it there without a major.

I think you're confusing which week Phil shot 60. He shot it last week... when he won.

Originally Posted by zipazoid

Yeah. If he keeps finishing first or second in tournaments he'll eventually be #1 in the world.

Yeah. I'm not sure what the point of this thread is. If ANY player keeps finishing in the top 5 he'll be #1 in the world eventually (unless someone else does even better).

Awards and Achievements

Originally Posted by iacas

Yeah. I'm not sure what the point of this thread is.

Same as the Tiger vs. Rory threads or the who's the greatest of all time threads ... it's fun to speculate and cheerlead.

We're fans.

My comment was geared towards his saying tiger and Phil beat him the last two weeks [quote name="Kieran123" url="/t/64714/brandt-snedeker-future-1-in-the-wgr#post_808193"]See how he handles the majors then make a call. We saw him twice not stack up to Tiger and Phil in a non major [/quote] I know any player can consistently be in the top 5 and get there. This thread was started because I think he will be number 1. It's not as if he's been crappy up until the last 3 weeks. He is also a guy that doesn't tinker. He finds what works and goes with. We still don't know what Rory is going to bring this year, nor Tiger for that matter. I am not saying he is the greatest ever nor am I saying he is a superior player to Tiger or Rory. He simply plays more and consistently makes cuts and finishes well.

Originally Posted by Jspangler

My comment was geared towards his saying tiger and Phil beat him the last two weeks

I know any player can consistently be in the top 5 and get there. This thread was started because I think he will be number 1. It's not as if he's been crappy up until the last 3 weeks. He is also a guy that doesn't tinker. He finds what works and goes with. We still don't know what Rory is going to bring this year, nor Tiger for that matter. I am not saying he is the greatest ever nor am I saying he is a superior player to Tiger or Rory. He simply plays more and consistently makes cuts and finishes well.

Or Brandt.