IGNORED

Who plays with a cheat??

Hardballs
Note: This thread is 3910 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by inthehole

I play with a "fluffer" - he always fluffs up his ball so he has a nice lie from the fairway or rough.    Last round, I made one of my best shots of the year - about 70 yards out & ball was on a bare spot in the fairway with grass all around it ... I picked it clean off the hardpan & put it to tap in range with him right there watching.    I always think by doing this I would make a point with him without saying anything, but never seems to work ...

LOL

Just start calling him fluffer.

You know what a fluffer is, right? lol

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Fourputt

Wrong.  Everybody doesn't lie about their score.  I don't, nor do most of the people I play with.

The worst way in the world to learn the rules is to learn by word of mouth.  Spend a couple of bucks and buy a rule book.

I didn't say I learned by word of mouth. I look up rules when I get home after I encounter something I've never messed with before. In this particular case, I had just never bothered looking it up.

It really doesn't matter for me, I don't keep an official handicap or play for money, and I follow the rules way more than anyone else I play with besides my wife. So I am fine with learning rules as I learn my swing, makes it more fun for me.

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

LOL

Just start calling him fluffer.

You know what a fluffer is, right? lol

Googled this and let's just say I'm aroused.

Googled this and let's just say I'm aroused.

Cured your ED, did it?

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Originally Posted by TJBam

I wish. It made my back ***** wet though.

Hey, I thought that I was the old man here! I own the ED jokes...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Here. Hit it!

http://www.usga.org/RulesQuiz/rules_quizzes.html

Quizzes...

Jo[quote name="Mr. Desmond" url="/t/68914/who-plays-with-a-cheat/60#post_880028"]Hey, I thought that I was the old man here! I own the ED jokes...:loco: [/quote] Jokes? Is that why my wife says my nickname is Ed?! ;-)

Here. Hit it! [URL=http://www.usga.org/RulesQuiz/rules_quizzes.html]http://www.usga.org/RulesQuiz/rules_quizzes.html[/URL] Quizzes...

4/10 on advanced What a couple weird questions I came across. If I hit a shot from the bunker and it goes onto the next hole's tee box and the player accidentally hits it mid swing...

• Upvote 1

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Here. Hit it!

Quizzes...

4/10 on advanced

What a couple weird questions I came across. If I hit a shot from the bunker and it goes onto the next hole's tee box and the player accidentally hits it mid swing...

Just for your information, questions like that one are all in the open book part of the test on the Rules Workshop exam.  It's 100 questions, 50 closed book and 50 open book, and you get 4 hours to complete it.  Part of the testing process is demonstrating the ability to look up the right answer.   When working as a rules official we are not required, or even expected, to have the entire rules and decisions books memorized.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

4/10 on advanced What a couple weird questions I came across. If I hit a shot from the bunker and it goes onto the next hole's tee box and the player accidentally hits it mid swing...

Yeah, that happens to me all the time,... If it lands on the green your aiming for, putt out, score and move on, if it ends up in ruff, take a free drop wherever ya want! Of course this rule only applies when playing with me!

Gaz Lee

4/10 on advanced

What a couple weird questions I came across. If I hit a shot from the bunker and it goes onto the next hole's tee box and the player accidentally hits it mid swing...

When I took that quiz, it gave me questions that were almost entirely devoted to match play. I've never played match play before in my life, which makes me think they ought to add another option for match or stroke play rulings and penalties.

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Here. Hit it!

Quizzes...

7/10 on advanced. Whoomp!!! I passed!!!

Ryan M

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

7/10 on advanced. Whoomp!!! I passed!!!

Well, you were right more than you were wrong......I'll give you that!

I'd recommend the basic tests.  The questions are a lot less esoteric and better reflect situations that you'll encounter in the course of your own rounds.  You should really be able to score 100% on those.

FWIW, I play around with the quizzes a couple of times a week, and probably only get 100% on them half the time..... My personal best is 3 perfect scores in a row.  Only once.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Originally Posted by David in FL

Well, you were right more than you were wrong......I'll give you that!

I'd recommend the basic tests.  The questions are a lot less esoteric and better reflect situations that you'll encounter in the course of your own rounds.  You should really be able to score 100% on those.

FWIW, I play around with the quizzes a couple of times a week, and probably only get 100% on them half the time.....   My personal best is 3 perfect scores in a row.  Only once.

Most of these don't apply to me at all. A lot of match play (which I'm surprisingly getting right) and caddie stuff. Also questions about breaking things. lol

Getting at least 7/10 every time though.

Ryan M

Note: This thread is 3910 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!