• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
billchao

Charge Your Phone on the Golf Course

11 posts in this topic

http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2014/07/a-charger-that-will-make-sure.html

Quote:
According to company officials, the charger ($65) works faster than a wall outlet and can give three full charges at a time for an iPhone and at least two for any Samsung Galaxy, Android, Windows or Blackberry phone/tablet. The lightweight device takes only four hours to charge itself.

This looks pretty cool. Great for those who use golf metrics apps, gps, and their phone camera for vlogs!

I can see some practical non-golf applications, for it as well.

Awards and Achievements

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Could also just carry a spare battery (if your phone lets you change the battery--sorry, iPhone).

Awards and Achievements

I'm not entirely sure why this would be reported on GolfDigest. This looks like a cool charger, but it's not like it's golf-specific (nor does it need to be) and there are plenty more of these on the market.

Awards and Achievements

Could also just carry a spare battery (if your phone lets you change the battery--sorry, iPhone).

Yea, but what if you don't have a spare battery? Plus, this device charges other USB devices, too. [quote name="jamo" url="/t/76113/charge-your-phone-on-the-golf-course#post_1027831"]I'm not entirely sure why this would be reported on GolfDigest. This looks like a cool charger, but it's not like it's golf-specific (nor does it need to be) and there are plenty more of these on the market.[/quote]Because you can etch your golf course logo on it? Honestly, I have no idea, I just saw it and thought it was pretty cool. Maybe we can get some TST ones ;-)

Awards and Achievements

I hope none of the guys in our games get one. It's really peaceful when their batteries go dead. ;-)

I have e-cigarettes that do the same thing (you can even vape while charging your phone)

I wonder if Erik would consider this a golf item if I flood the marketplace with the ton of battery back ups we cant sell.

Awards and Achievements

Because you can etch your golf course logo on it? Honestly, I have no idea, I just saw it and thought it was pretty cool. Maybe we can get some TST ones ;-)

Oh, I'm not criticizing you. This would make a good product for golfers.

Awards and Achievements

I'm not entirely sure why this would be reported on GolfDigest. This looks like a cool charger, but it's not like it's golf-specific (nor does it need to be) and there are plenty more of these on the market.

I think it's the combo of being able to place course logos on it combined with the increase in the number of golfers that use golf apps instead of GPS or range finders.

Awards and Achievements

Oh, I'm not criticizing you. This would make a good product for golfers.

I never thought you were. Honestly, why it was on Golf Digest never even crossed my mind, so when you asked the question I kind of tried to answer it. My wife has battery usage problems. I think I may get her something like this for Christmas. I can use one myself, really.

Awards and Achievements

I have a small external battery in my bag that I use if my Skycaddie SG5 runs out of battery or I forget to charge it.  I bought it off of eBay for $9.

Office Depot was blowing out whatever yesterdays Belkin's charger is a few months ago. I picked it up for $4.99 and leave it in my bag charged. It works fine, only had to pull it out a few times and only if I didn't get to the course with a full charge. Typically just toss the phone on the car charger when I am moving around. I last used it to stream the US Open while playing that Sunday.

Awards and Achievements