IGNORED

How much golf could you play if you weren't limited by anything except your own endurance?

Lihu
Note: This thread is 3364 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How much golf do you play weekly?

• Less than a round a week
    • 1 round per week
    • 2 rounds per week
    • 3 rounds
    • 4 rounds
    • 5 rounds or more?

I answered 5 but in real life I play everyday and get in 330-350 rounds per year. I've done this for 5 years now since I retired and haven't got bored yet. (I'm 62). I don't have any other hobbies to take me away. 1-2 times a week I'll play 36 holes while walking the first and riding the second round. I walk till it gets over 85 temp which works out about 60/40 walk/ ride. I don't think walking is a workout at all but it is good, easy exercise. Typical 18 holes is about 14,000 steps. As far as the mental aspect, I don't feel any different about the rounds. I feel good anticipation before each round in fact, I feel like if I don't play for some reason ( rain, lightning) that I'm getting cheated of my daily routine and end up on the couch watching TV. Scores are about the same, difference is putting.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In my mid and late 20s I was walking 36 every Saturday and 36 Every Sunday (on a short 9 hole course that was very hilly).  Now in my late 40s...forgetaboutit.  3 rounds in a week would be about it for me now...and that's if I could spread it out and not play them back to back.

The most difficult distance in golf is the six inches between your ears.

I could walk 36 holes a day for 6 days a week.  One day of rest is always needed.  I play/practice now 4 or 5 days a week, based on weather.  But with no worry over money, that would be an 8 hour day for me, not bad...

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Weird thread....I have yet to read responses.

The thread title................How much golf could you play if you weren't limited by anything except your own endurance?

The poll question asks something completely irrelevant to the thread title.....asking a generic................how often do you play question?  Really?

Why not ask a poll question that relates to the thread title question................??   You'd get two completely different answers......... I may play 4 times a week in reality, but I could easily play 21+ rounds a week based on what is being asked in the thread title.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

The thread title................How much golf could you play if you weren't limited by anything except your own endurance?

The poll question asks something completely irrelevant to the thread title.....asking a generic................how often do you play question?  Really?

Why not ask a poll question that relates to the thread title question................??   You'd get two completely different answers......... I may play 4 times a week in reality, but I could easily play 21+ rounds a week based on what is being asked in the thread title.

We edited the thread title, but would have had to delete the poll and recreate it.  So just go by the thread title.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

If I could, I'd play 18 holes a day Mon-Fri.  Tee off at 0800 and be done by 1100.  Physically I could manage 10 rounds per week, but I'd prefer just to play early morning on weekdays when I could get a workout in before the round and still get around the course quickly.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Yeah, I tapped off the question while waiting on the 18th hole. I wish I had waited until I could get to a computer to post.

@boogielicious , I think most people are answering the poll as if it were the thread title anyway.

There are a lot of 5 day or more type of answers which basically tells me that either I'm in really bad shape, or no one else is playing 350-400 holes per month?

In any case, I like the answers. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Note: This thread is 3364 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!