IGNORED

What Introverted Really Means

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3133 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by saevel25

Being slighted by so called friends has nothing to do with introverts. You can be an extrovert and still not trust people after being hurt by your friends.

I agree. Though I find it hard to classify myself an introvert because I really don't get drained by being around people. Maybe I just don't do enough opportunities being in large groups to compare to having alone time.

I do think Introverts tend towards online because they can interact and not feel drained by it.

So you say you can't be a introvert and be slighted by friends but you can be a extrovert  and still not trust people hum. I think you have a problem thinking things out. I really have no interest in what else you have to say about this.

Huh? He said nothing of the sort. Read it again.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So you say you can't be a introvert and be slighted by friends but you can be a extrovert  and still not trust people hum

No I didn't say that.

Introverts are growing in numbers because more and more people are finding out many so called friends aren't really friends in the old sense of the word. The better more modern word is acquaintances. When the chips are down people find out if they have any so called friends.

I say this is false. Introverts have nothing to do with the psychological aspect of being hurt by people they trust and becoming reclusive. You can be an extrovert and become reclusive as well. psychological damage does not extend just to introverts. If you actually read the definition of what an introvert is you would realize that introvert is just people who get tired and like some down time away from people. It doesn't make them unhappy. It doesn't make them shun society. It doesn't make them any less charismatic than an extrovert. It just gives the perception to people that they are bad at social aspects because they choose to be alone every once in a while.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandallT

Huh? He said nothing of the sort. Read it again.

What you carrying this guys water? I stand on what I say period

It's not that important to really argue about, frankly, but I read his comments differently than you did.

He said that getting betrayed by friends is independent of one being an introvert/extrovert.

You interpreted them as "so you can't be an introvert and be betrayed by friends?"  Apparently you interpreted what he was saying differently than I did, because your conclusion does not follow whatsoever from the way I interpreted it.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

No I didn't say that.

I say this is false. Introverts have nothing to do with the psychological aspect of being hurt by people they trust and becoming reclusive. You can be an extrovert and become reclusive as well. psychological damage does not extend just to introverts. If you actually read the definition of what an introvert is you would realize that introvert is just people who get tired and like some down time away from people. It doesn't make them unhappy. It doesn't make them shun society. It doesn't make them any less charismatic than an extrovert. It just gives the perception to people that they are bad at social aspects because they choose to be alone every once in a while.

jcjim obviously has his own ideas on everything and if says the sky is orange then by god the sky is orange and he doesn't want to hear anything else about it.  That does not in any way mean that his first statement about friends no longer being friends is patently wrong on all counts and has nothing to do with being an introvert or extrovert.

jcjim, I cannot tell if you are just a regular run of the mill troll or if you are a bitter and jaded person who wants to argue and are too much of a narcissist to see anything as valid that doesn't agree with what you think, whether you are right or wrong.  I think I read somewhere that you survived cancer, I can tell you that your personality didn't.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saevel25

Being slighted by so called friends has nothing to do with introverts. You can be an extrovert and still not trust people after being hurt by your friends.

I agree. Though I find it hard to classify myself an introvert because I really don't get drained by being around people. Maybe I just don't do enough opportunities being in large groups to compare to having alone time.

I do think Introverts tend towards online because they can interact and not feel drained by it.

So you say you can't be a introvert and be slighted by friends but you can be a extrovert  and still not trust people hum. I think you have a problem thinking things out. I really have no interest in what else you have to say about this.

That's a first. . . :whistle:

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I think this is a good, short description of introversion:

Quote:
Introverts are drained by social encounters and energized by solitary, often creative pursuits. Their disposition is frequently misconstrued as shyness, social phobia or even avoidant personality disorder, but many introverts socialize easily; they just strongly prefer not to.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/basics/introversion

If this is on your pet peeve list... you may be an introvert.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Note: This thread is 3133 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!