or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Flightscope Xi

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-equipment/blogs/newstuff/2014/01/flightscope-xi-offers-a-portab.html

 

Its only $2500 now. Sub $1500 and they might get me to buy one.

post #2 of 19
So how accurate is one of these scopes?
post #3 of 19
Thread Starter 

Not sure. I would think that clubhead speed and ball speed are all pretty accurate. Vertical and Horizontal launch should be very accurate. Not sure how much spin is. As for the distance, carry, roll, height of the shot, those are all equation driven. So there is some error there, but it can be pretty accurate. 

post #4 of 19

According to the specs page, it doesn't measure much.

 

 

I want path, face, aoa, spin, etc...

 

What is Lateral Deviation?

 

Also, not sure how accurate this is, but the Xi model measures more than it displays - what's preventing someone from hacking more info out of the unit?

post #5 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevets88 View Post
 

 

 

 

 

I want path, face, aoa, spin, etc...

 

 

That's what I would want too. I went to a golf bar that had about 25 simulators and they gave feed back on path, face, aoa, spin, etc..and it was awesome. I have terrible clubface control!

post #6 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post
 

That's what I would want too. I went to a golf bar that had about 25 simulators and they gave feed back on path, face, aoa, spin, etc..and it was awesome. I have terrible clubface control!

 

I agree. Not sure how they can justify a nearly a 8500 dollar price drop just by turning off some functions. Unless the Radar isn't the same as the X2 and can't measure the other data. I am sure 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevets88 View Post
 

According to the specs page, it doesn't measure much.

 

 

I want path, face, aoa, spin, etc...

 

What is Lateral Deviation?

 

Also, not sure how accurate this is, but the Xi model measures more than it displays - what's preventing someone from hacking more info out of the unit?

 

A voided warranty. 

post #7 of 19

I found a photo of the Xi+. I can't vouch for the accuracy of this, but:

 

Xi - Ball data, no spin, no club (besides CHS) - $2500
Xi+ - Ball data, Club Data, some d-plane - $5000
X2 - Everything - $10000  

 

If the info on the Xi+ is accurate, I was thinking, what if you get 3-4 guys and split the price and share?

 

post #8 of 19
Thread Starter 

Yea looks like they turned off some functions, though I think the X2 is a larger design. 

post #9 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post

Yea looks like they turned off some functions, though I think the X2 is a larger design. 

Yes they did turn off some of the functionality. The X1 is basically for the consumer, the X2 for PGA professionals and fitting. The x3 is the full monty.
post #10 of 19

Hello

 

Have you cheked this review ?

 

http://www.rotaryswing.com/golf-lessons-blog/trackman-iiie-vs-flightscope-x2-2013-review/

post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tical1969 View Post
 

Hello

 

Have you cheked this review ?

 

http://www.rotaryswing.com/golf-lessons-blog/trackman-iiie-vs-flightscope-x2-2013-review/

 

  1. That review is from 2012.
  2. In our testing the FlightScope was way, way more accurate than the Trackman. The difference between our testing and Chuck Quinton's? Ours was done with a Phantom camera so we could accurate measure things (AoA was the primary focus). The FS returned better data every time.
  3. The TrackMan doesn't work as well outdoors, off grass.
  4. Henri Johnson will show up with a Phantom camera and do side by side testing of any serious buyer. He's willing to do this because he has faith the FS will show better data.

 

We owned a TrackMan, free and clear. We sold it to get an X2 and have been very happy with it since. 

post #12 of 19

Back on the FS topic (XMas ringing a bell)

 

Dear Iacas,

 

From your point of vue (or knowledge), what are the hardware differences between Xi & Xi+ ( are + 2500$  only software functionalities added to the Xi+?)

 

In the Xi, what are the data really tracked from the radar, and what are the data mathematically "guessed" from algorithms (which could not be accurate at all) ?

 

Reagrds

 

Alexandre.

post #13 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tical1969 View Post
 

From your point of vue (or knowledge), what are the hardware differences between Xi & Xi+ ( are + 2500$  only software functionalities added to the Xi+?)

 

In the Xi, what are the data really tracked from the radar, and what are the data mathematically "guessed" from algorithms (which could not be accurate at all) ?

 

Pretty sure they're almost the same, but the software can differentiate between the two and shows you the data it says it can on each.

 

The data that's calculated and not directly measured:

  • Face Angle (and anything related, like face to path, etc.)
  • Dynamic Loft

 

That's about it. Everything else is pretty directly measured. Obviously ball flight is extrapolated if the ball hits a bird (or the net), etc.

post #14 of 19

Thanks a lot Erik.

 

It will be time start saving a lot then :o)

post #15 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevets88 View Post

What is Lateral Deviation?

I would assume that is the measurement of how far offline the ball is (in degrees at launch) horizontally.

post #16 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzel View Post
 

I would assume that is the measurement of how far offline the ball is (in degrees at launch) horizontally.


How far the ball finished from the target line in yards.

post #17 of 19
@iacas I am tossing around picking one of these up after selling my bike, do you think that it would read accurately using an almost golf, golf ball? Is the golf ball used at all as part of the measurement? Or is it all club? I can't remember if the machine would do readings without a ball hit.
post #18 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post

@iacas I am tossing around picking one of these up after selling my bike, do you think that it would read accurately using an almost golf, golf ball? Is the golf ball used at all as part of the measurement? Or is it all club? I can't remember if the machine would do readings without a ball hit.


It's actually mostly the golf ball. I don't think an Almost Golf ball would work. It might not even work if you put a silver sticker dot on it. It's not nearly as dense or solid as a golf ball, of course.

 

The club data except face and delivered loft are measured from the club, the ball data is all measured from the ball. It might not even think you hit anything and thus it might not even give you club data.

 

We have some AG balls. I'll try them out in the next week or so. I don't expect it to work.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting