IGNORED

Smarter Every Day and a 500 MPH Golf Ball

dennyjones
Note: This thread is 1807 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This is just so damn cool! Thanks @dennyjones!

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Soo good, for the jet propelled club head rotating robot arm thingy, his club head was in front of his hands 🤣 but his AOA was perfect, that would have flown across the whole golf course, can't believe how much a golf ball can take in some of those videos

Edited by PerfectStriking

Mark Lyons

If you ever wondered what my ball contact looks like.

I have a lot of materials science background/education, so I dunno if that's why when I watched the ball hitting the driver it just cracked me up.  The other vid mentioned in the clip is also worth watching.

I think the image of the ball hitting the driver is the perfect swing thought.

When batman told superman that his overswinging was only causing him to lose distance, he wasn't kidding

Edited by bones75

This was very cool to watch. I do still wonder specifically what the speed threshold is for a modern golf ball or club face where elasticity is lost and the materials transition to the plastic phase of deformation.

This video gives us ballpark figures, and that’s cool enough, and rather surprising to me. Particularly how much abuse the modern balls can take.

Edited by sofingaw

These guys literally strapped jet engines to a driver. I kid you not. I haven't watched the whole thing yet. Will get back to this.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• iacas changed the title to Smarter Every Day and a 500 MPH Golf Ball
6 hours ago, nevets88 said:

These guys literally strapped jet engines to a driver. I kid you not. I haven't watched the whole thing yet. Will get back to this.

Rocketballs!!!C5B51027-D99D-4CE1-A553-25041963DAE8.thumb.jpeg.b7e1b5b70dd6829dd5a8b6625ca9eb83.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

If you haven't seen these two guys in action, you are missing out.   Their work is fantastic.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Note: This thread is 1807 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!