IGNORED

Shoe Problem

Note: This thread is 1800 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have a pair of FJ Sierra Treks that I’ve had since HS. They are in pristine condition because I always treated them well, cleaned them, maintained them. They need new spikes and pads. Since those shoes are circa 2005, I can’t find replacements anywhere. Anyone have any suggestions? I really don’t want to buy new shoes, but I’m sort of expecting that’s going to be the solution.

Driver: :tmade: M1 9.0*

3W: :wilson: mid-90’s piece of junk.

3-PW: :tmade: RAC OS

Wedges: :vokey: 52* 56* 60*

Flatstick: :ping: iWi B60

Instagram: @hack_nicklaus

7 hours ago, hack_nicklaus said:

I have a pair of FJ Sierra Treks that I’ve had since HS. They are in pristine condition because I always treated them well, cleaned them, maintained them. They need new spikes and pads. Since those shoes are circa 2005, I can’t find replacements anywhere. Anyone have any suggestions? I really don’t want to buy new shoes, but I’m sort of expecting that’s going to be the solution.

Nothing to lose so I would recommend contacting FootJoy -

Reach out to FootJoy by calling or sending a message. Whether you're looking for product support or have a general questions, contact us today!

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, hack_nicklaus said:

Anyone have any suggestions? 

Your ability to hold on to shoes that long is impressive. And your only pair? Buy new shoes bro. 😃

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

19 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Your ability to hold on to shoes that long is impressive. And your only pair? Buy new shoes bro. 😃

I’m a creature of habit and feel. Once I get a feel for something I’m not apt to change. It’s why I’m still playing the same irons I’ve been playing since High School.

But yeah. I’ll probably end up grabbing a new pair. 

Since I know everyone was waiting on the edge of their seats to see how this resolved, I’ll tell you.

I contacted FJ and they had no suggestions. Just basically said this shoe has been off the market nearly twenty years. Just for a laugh, I went to my local golf shop because I know they do spikefitting. Well, lo and behold, we struck gold. The SoftSpike Cyclone spikes fit. The old girls are back in business!

• Like 2

On 5/5/2019 at 12:55 AM, Vinsk said:

Or he’s not playing NEARLY enough golf!

• Like 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

28 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Or he’s not playing NEARLY enough golf!

This is the correct answer. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, hack_nicklaus said:

Since I know everyone was waiting on the edge of their seats to see how this resolved, I’ll tell you.

I contacted FJ and they had no suggestions. Just basically said this shoe has been off the market nearly twenty years. Just for a laugh, I went to my local golf shop because I know they do spikefitting. Well, lo and behold, we struck gold. The SoftSpike Cyclone spikes fit. The old girls are back in business!

Let me guess...you’ve actually repaired a DVD player...😀

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

A VHS...

• Like 1

In David's bag....

23 minutes ago, David in FL said:

A VHS...

Lol. Yeah that was my first thought but I figured that was going too far back..

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Vinsk said:

9 hours ago, David in FL said:

A VHS...

1 hour ago, dennyjones said:

Beta!

8-track tape player, quadraphonic at that

• Like 2

Players play, tough players win!

13 hours ago, hack_nicklaus said:

This is the correct answer. 

Now I’m kind of curious.  How many rounds would you say you’ve played in these shoes over the last 14 years?  

I tend to get something like 200 rounds out of a pair of shoes.  Of course I ride almost exclusively, which certainly helps!

In David's bag....

Id guess you'd be able to find the softspikes for those relatively easily, unless the lock pattern for that shoe is out of production. 

But also you could probably get a brand new pair of those someplace online for under $50. Maybe in the pro shops at public courses or munis too.

4 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Id guess you'd be able to find the softspikes for those relatively easily, unless the lock pattern for that shoe is out of production. 

The OP found replacement spikes.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

On 5/9/2019 at 11:42 PM, Vinsk said:

Lol. Yeah that was my first thought but I figured that was going too far back..

I appreciate this. I'm VHS age. Grew up on them! Be kind, rewind!

On 5/10/2019 at 8:54 AM, David in FL said:

Now I’m kind of curious.  How many rounds would you say you’ve played in these shoes over the last 14 years?  

I tend to get something like 200 rounds out of a pair of shoes.  Of course I ride almost exclusively, which certainly helps!

So this is a tough question. In high school I used to play once a week, sometimes twice and probably used these for every round. So let's say...I dunno, maybe 22 rounds/yr for four years. So we're looking at 88 just through HS and then scattered rounds for the ten years thereafter. I stopped playing altogether for a while...between time and money the well ran dry. I'd say the number is probably around 125.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, hack_nicklaus said:

I appreciate this. I'm VHS age. Grew up on them! Be kind, rewind!

So this is a tough question. In high school I used to play once a week, sometimes twice and probably used these for every round. So let's say...I dunno, maybe 22 rounds/yr for four years. So we're looking at 88 just through HS and then scattered rounds for the ten years thereafter. I stopped playing altogether for a while...between time and money the well ran dry. I'd say the number is probably around 125.

It’s worth mentioning...

Everyone talks about the improvements in technology when it comes to golf equipment, especially clubs and balls, but shoes have improved over the last 15 years too.  Stability, comfort, water resistance.  Even spikeless technology.  You’re pretty easy on shoes.  It might be time to treat yourself...  :-)

• Like 1

In David's bag....

Note: This thread is 1800 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!