IGNORED

Breaking Bad

Clubswinger21
Note: This thread is 3709 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by jamo

I noticed that too. Nice little touch.

At the very end of the last season, I (and thousands of other people across the Internet, I'm sure) noticed that Marie was wearing a yellow shirt, when she always wears something purple. I read an interview with the costume director though, who insisted it didn't have some sort of deeper meaning. One of the few times a little thing like that hasn't meant something deeper.

Yeah, I wonder how many items they are going to reveal once this show is a wrap?  I love how Vince has buttoned up so many things so far for the viewers and die hards of the show... The entire Leaves of Grass tie in with Gale has been amazingly brilliant.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Originally Posted by nevets88

If BB was a typical series, it would have dragged out the confrontation for a season.

I don't know about that. These are the final episodes, and technically it's already been drug out for five years.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Yeah, I wonder how many items they are going to reveal once this show is a wrap?

According to Michael Slovis (cinematographer), every last one of them:

Well, I think we're all glad it was you, and I can't wait to see these last 8 episodes.

All I can tell you is…two things: A) You will not be disappointed, I promise. I promise, I promise, I promise. B) Every single storyline will be buttoned up, and there will be no loose ends. It's going to redefine last seasons of television. It's going to redefine series finales, which are almost inevitably disappointing. This one will not disappoint.

From this interview: http://www.rogerebert.com/balder-and-dash/gliding-over-all-the-cinematography-of-breaking-bad-season-2

I was kind of shocked that they had a fast forward scene of Walt at the very beginning of the final season's episode... But then again, they did the same thing in Season 5, Episode 1... Live Free or Die.  In that episode, Walt is 52, on his birthday, and is in the Denny's diner.  He gets keys from the arms dealer, and in the trunk of the car, has an M60 with explosives.

Fast forward to this season, and it is the same time - Walt is in Albuquerque - but this time at his old house which is abandoned. I can't wait to see what transpires with the M60 and explosives!!!

For those that forget Season 5, episode 1....  Here is a quick snapshot of that particular fast forward scene:

I don't know about that. These are the final episodes, and technically it's already been drug out for five years.

True, but while I wanted the Hank confrontation to happen sooner, it's been a good watch because the material was compelling, unlike segments of LOST or Dexter or the Walking Dead where there were long periods of flailing. Dexter is 7 seasons, he should have been outed in the 2nd season. A good post talk on BB http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S0h36E6QcX8&feature;=youtu.be&desktop;_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DS0h36E6QcX8%26feature%3Dyoutu.be

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Originally Posted by iacas

Well, except for the fact that Hank just found out. They could have dragged that out for 5-6 more episodes...instead, instant confrontation, and one of the best lines in television history.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

The last two nights I've rewatched season 5A using the "Erik Method" which involves fast forwarding through all of Skylar's scenes. Highly recommended!

I wish I could just binge these last seven episodes in one sitting... I guess I'll just have to watch them all with everybody else. Spoiler avoidance is more stressful than I thought.

Constantine

The last two nights I've rewatched season 5A using the "Erik Method" which involves fast forwarding through all of Skylar's scenes. Highly recommended! I wish I could just binge these last seven episodes in one sitting... I guess I'll just have to watch them all with everybody else. Spoiler avoidance is more stressful than I thought.

You could not watch 7 episodes them binge before the last. I enjoy reading and watching the post mortems though. Especially Grantland and Sepinwall.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

The last two nights I've rewatched season 5A using the "Erik Method" which involves fast forwarding through all of Skylar's scenes. Highly recommended!

I wish I could just binge these last seven episodes in one sitting... I guess I'll just have to watch them all with everybody else. Spoiler avoidance is more stressful than I thought.

While I agree Skylar is annoying as **** in 98% of the episodes that she has been in, over the course of the past 5 seasons... In my opinion, you are doing yourself a huge disservice to the ability of the show to yank on your 'heart chord' if you don't watch her character evolve.

Case in point was found in Episode '51'.  Honestly, that was one of the darkest moments of the show that I can remember, when she looked at Walt and told him that she was waiting for the cancer to return - basically wishing death on him.  As a husband, that sent shockwaves through me.  And definitely was something that after I watched, the scene haunted me in that I couldn't imagine my own wife having such disdain for me.  It was sad.

That entire episode '51' plays into the 'mind ****' of what has transpired in the show Breaking Bad.  If you didn't really watch how Skylar, Walt, Hank, Jesse, etc characters had developed, and evolved - in parallel, then I believe the payoff of episode like '51' would be null and void.  Honestly, Skylar definitely annoys me... And if I ever go back and watch the entire series from start to finish, I'm sure I'll find myself doing the same as the 'Erik Method'... But if you are a first time viewer... Man up and watch.  It's painful, but do it.  Then I think you'll gain a true perspective of the magnitude of what is going on.  And I'm glad I have as I believe whatever happens to Walt, Skylar, Jr. in the next 7 episodes, could be huge in pulling on those heart strings again.  If you don't have the time invested in the show, nor the character, the magnitude of what transpires will be more like a trimmer than a full on earthquake that is about to go down.  We're talking seismic readings of 9.0 is about to go off in this mother****er!!!

She's so rotten to him I'm surprised Walt hasn't strayed. Doesn't appear to be getting any *****.

:tmade: SLDRs 14* driver, 17* fairway, 19* and 22* hybrids | :odyssey: Versa White #1 putter

:nike: XR Pro 24*, 27*, 31*, 35.5*, 40*, 45*, 50* irons | :vokey: SM4 54*, 58* wedges

Originally Posted by Kujan

She's so rotten to him I'm surprised Walt hasn't strayed. Doesn't appear to be getting any *****.

Even though it is *****, we all know you're talking about a cat right?

LOL here kitty

:tmade: SLDRs 14* driver, 17* fairway, 19* and 22* hybrids | :odyssey: Versa White #1 putter

:nike: XR Pro 24*, 27*, 31*, 35.5*, 40*, 45*, 50* irons | :vokey: SM4 54*, 58* wedges

The only thing I wish is that Jesse Pinkman would stop being a bitch ! c2_beer.gif

I watched the first five seasons over the past three weeks or so. Just watched the season 6 premier tonight. Jessie's progression was one of my favorite parts of the show,but your right,he's back to being a bitch ,Yo.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

While I agree Skylar is annoying as **** in 98% of the episodes that she has been in, over the course of the past 5 seasons... In my opinion, you are doing yourself a huge disservice to the ability of the show to yank on your 'heart chord' if you don't watch her character evolve.

Case in point was found in Episode '51'.  Honestly, that was one of the darkest moments of the show that I can remember, when she looked at Walt and told him that she was waiting for the cancer to return - basically wishing death on him.  As a husband, that sent shockwaves through me.  And definitely was something that after I watched, the scene haunted me in that I couldn't imagine my own wife having such disdain for me.  It was sad.

That entire episode '51' plays into the 'mind ****' of what has transpired in the show Breaking Bad.  If you didn't really watch how Skylar, Walt, Hank, Jesse, etc characters had developed, and evolved - in parallel, then I believe the payoff of episode like '51' would be null and void.  Honestly, Skylar definitely annoys me... And if I ever go back and watch the entire series from start to finish, I'm sure I'll find myself doing the same as the 'Erik Method'... But if you are a first time viewer... Man up and watch.  It's painful, but do it.  Then I think you'll gain a true perspective of the magnitude of what is going on.  And I'm glad I have as I believe whatever happens to Walt, Skylar, Jr. in the next 7 episodes, could be huge in pulling on those heart strings again.  If you don't have the time invested in the show, nor the character, the magnitude of what transpires will be more like a trimmer than a full on earthquake that is about to go down.  We're talking seismic readings of 9.0 is about to go off in this mother****er!!!

Here's a take on Skyler that says what I feel better than I could have expressed:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2013/08/09/skyler_on_breaking_bad_final_episodes_skyler_white_is_the_show_s_best_character.html

With the series’ final episodes at hand, our support dissolves—our desire to see Walt succeed in the short-term will turn into an eagerness to see him get his comeuppance. And Skyler will be there to remind us that he deserves it.

Steve

Originally Posted by nevets88

Here's a take on Skyler that says what I feel better than I could have expressed:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2013/08/09/skyler_on_breaking_bad_final_episodes_skyler_white_is_the_show_s_best_character.html

With the series’ final episodes at hand, our support dissolves—our desire to see Walt succeed in the short-term will turn into an eagerness to see him get his comeuppance. And Skyler will be there to remind us that he deserves it.

Read the whole thing...disagree. She sucks.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

Read the whole thing...disagree. She sucks.

Agreed - While I think that she plays an important role in the story line, she is still utterly annoying. And to say that she's the "best character in the show".... Please... how can he even state that.

In the Bag:
:titleist: 913 D3 - 9.5* - Diamana Stiff 62g
:mizuno: MP 64s 3-PW - DGS300
:cleveland: CG12 52* & 56*
:tmade: Rosa

Yeah. while, I don't agree with the title, it's hyperbolic (it's Slate.com, typical), but I'm going with the gist of the piece, she's annoying but I think she has will make the ending more poignant.

You want annoying - see TWD's Lori or Andrea. Uggghhh.

Steve

Note: This thread is 3709 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!