Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Clubswinger21

Breaking Bad

536 posts in this topic

I saw the thread for best shows of 2007/2008.. but i felt this one deserved its own. If you havent heard of it yet i highly recommend you watch it, already emmy talks for acting and best comedy/drama category. Its incredibly original.. wish i could think of stuff like this.

The basics:

A married highschool chemisty teacher, who has a son with has cerebral palsy finds out he has terminal cancer. Given roughly 2 years to live he decides to team up with one of his former students (a meth cooker/dealer) to make and sell meth so his wife and son can live without poverty after he dies.

Airs on AMC, Sundays.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Great show. It's the one show I bust my butt to see each week. He really gets put in some extremely tough spots from a moral standpoint (Crazy8 in the basement).

Great show. It's the one show I bust my butt to see each week. He really gets put in some extremely tough spots from a moral standpoint (Crazy8 in the basement).

Glad someone here has seen it...

Walt finds the broken plate is missing a piece, which Crazy 8 pockets and is planning on sticking Walt with as soon as he unlocks him.. It really is great stuff.

Awesome scene from last nights Breaking Bad.  If you have never seen this show... Where the hell have you been the last five years?  Such a great show!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Great show. Last night, family was watching the Olympics, so I'll watch last night's BB episode today. I've really enjoyed The Wire, The Shield, Breaking Bad, and Game of Thrones. Other than those programs (and Top Gear UK), I watch sports.

Great show. I watched on Netflix from Season 1 to where we are now in a couple of months. Ace.

Season 4 was one of the best seasons of any television show, up there with season 4 of the wire. Also they are much better if you watch them all in a row on netflix.

My favorite show.

Sad this is the last season... and it's also sad we have to wait til next summer to see the last 8 episodes.

Very cool show, just recently got into it (on the second season now). I heard a ton of people talking about it , so I figured it would suck, like most stuff on t.v. I was wrong it's a pretty good drama, but bryan cranston brings a little bit humor to the show.

Gotta say, I really like this past week's first-half of season 5 finale. Without spoiling any specific, the ending was something that has seemed inevitable for a while now, though I liked the way they did it (invoking a dead certain someone). [quote name="uttexas" url="/t/10116/breaking-bad/0_30#post_753906"]Great show. Last night, family was watching the Olympics, so I'll watch last night's BB episode today. I've really enjoyed The Wire, The Shield, Breaking Bad, and Game of Thrones. Other than those programs (and Top Gear UK), I watch sports.[/quote] Wooo, Top Gear! No new series until this coming Christmas though (which means several months later for us in the States).

Totally inevitable. On the one hand, it sucks BB is done until next July. On the other hands, its awesome we still have 8 more episodes to look forward too next July.

There's a lot of bad telly out there, but the best shows are very good.

Shows coming up:

Fringe

Treme

Homeland

Boardwalk Empire

Walking Dead

Dexter maybe - IMHO this show hasn't been that good the past few seasons, but now that the major reveal is exposed...

Game of Thrones

Plenty of good shows till next year...

There's a lot of bad telly out there, but the best shows are very good. Shows coming up: ... Homeland ... Plenty of good shows till next year...

After seeing the pilot and hearing so many good things about it, I bought the first season on Blu-Ray when Amazon had it on sale the other day. Looking forward to that.

Homeland is great. You won't be disappointed.

Originally Posted by jamo

Gotta say, I really like this past week's first-half of season 5 finale. Without spoiling any specific, the ending was something that has seemed inevitable for a while now, though I liked the way they did it (invoking a dead certain someone).

I loved it! Vince Gilligan and his team of writers didn't let us down!!  BB is awesome and I can't wait until next summer to see what they do to wrap it up in the remaining 8 shows.

I knew it was the half season finale but next July? NEXT JULY!? I can't wait that long!

Best show on TV with an amazing finale to the season.  10 months to wait before it's gone forever.  May have to watch all of the previous seasons again while waiting.