IGNORED

Golf Digest Losing Pages?

krupa
Note: This thread is 1734 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm at an airport and picked up a Golf Digest to read on my flight.  It seems really thin.  Are they using thinner paper or losing pages?

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Bummer.  They're not helping themselves trying to sell such a thin magazine for $7.  Stupid millennials (and all the gen x and baby boomers who also aren't buying print.)

August 2019 issue 102 pages, of which about 21 are advertising. Both numbers definitely down from prior years. I subscribe to Golf Digest and Golf, each for about $12 per year or $1 per issue (vs. that $7 single issue price). Would guess that anybody who still enjoys reading these, subscribes and doesn't buy individual issues.

Marshall

8 hours ago, shooter said:

Print media is almost extinct.

Blame the millennials.

8 hours ago, krupa said:

Stupid millennials (and all the gen x and baby boomers who also aren't buying print.)

Yeah blame millennials for everything becoming digital... Last time I checked the majority of the things that millennials consume digital content on were invented by baby boomers.... 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

1 hour ago, klineka said:

Yeah blame millennials for everything becoming digital... Last time I checked the majority of the things that millennials consume digital content on were invented by baby boomers.... 

As if millennials were the target audience any way!  The two peeps you quoted are totally off base here.  

You bought the airline edition:  every ounts counce.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

11 hours ago, ncates00 said:

As if millennials were the target audience any way!  The two peeps you quoted are totally off base here.  

As one of the peeps quoted, I want to point out that (a) I essentially included everyone in the blame for not buying print and  (b) I was being facetious.

• iacas changed the title to Golf Digest Losing Pages?

If you get an annual subscription the cost Is quite reasonable.  I do rely much more on the internet for swing fixes and techniques which are free and abundant and I am a baby boomer. 

Amazon had the digital version on sale at $5 this week. 

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: XR-16 Driver 10.5° :callaway: Epic Flash 3W, Big Bertha Steelhead 5W

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

Note: This thread is 1734 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!