IGNORED

Online Golf Instruction Tips and Tricks

Note: This thread is 1731 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi folks,

I have been trying to learn golf online for the last few years.  I first tried Paul Wilson then Graves Golf and now am trying Learninggolf.tv

I would love to hear some success stories about learning golf online and what tips and tricks you can share.

WITB

Cobra  Wishon 911 D FMAX 10.5 ,EQ-NX 4W, 7W, 4H/6H, 7-LW

Biomech Acculock Ace Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On this site you find many members that use Evolvr online golf instruction.    Several of the instructors are on this forum and the price is more than competitive.   

• Thumbs Up 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

On this site you find many members that use Evolvr online golf instruction.    Several of the instructors are on this forum and the price is more than competitive.   

Right. That's the only kind of "online instruction" that really ever works, because otherwise, you're trying to do what trained professionals do: diagnose your swing and choose the proper path.

The odds of an amateur golfer doing that are between slim and none.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I have subscribed to a number of instructors video libraries and my conclusion is it is data overload and not a good use of your golf dollars. The best is to to get videos where the instructor is analyzing your swing and telling you what to work on.

• Thumbs Up 1

Michael

Seems to be not as popular/well received, but I am a big fan of Golf Sidekick on Youtube. Half entertainment, half strategy with a bit of instruction thrown in. He is a low handicapper that focuses on stress free golf (only taking shots you are comfortable with), and focusing on short game. I wouldn't call it instruction, but tips and tricks for sure. He has a few videos of practice that he does, but it is mostly content of his rounds played, along with higher handicappers that he plays with. He talks them through decision making and makes the game simple. I shot under 100 for the first time ever (sans driver to boot), just following tips on distance splitting and playing away from hazards. He isn't everyone's cup of tea, but there is value in it for me

• Upvote 1
  • :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Just talking You Tube here. I watch "Mr Short Game", and those "Sidekick" vids. Not so much for instruction, but for the entertainment value.

That "MSG" guy is fun to watch, because he is so hard to keep up with. He goes so fast. The student would be trying to answer their own question while saying "Huh?".

The "Sidekick" guy, as @Bonvivant previously mention teaches what I call "relaxed golf". I am a firm believer in the amature playing relaxed golf for better scoring. 

For You Tube instruction, I will revisit Paul Runyan's vids on putting, and chipping. It's very old school instruction, but his teachings still work quite well for today's amature golfer.

To me, any aspiring golfer, who does not take personal lessons from a swing guru, needs to educate themselves on the one piece take away, the impact position,  ball flight laws, and what makes the ball do what it does. Both in the air, and rolling on the ground. The golfer needs to become a student of the game. They need to educate themselves to become their own instructor. 

Books, and videos on golf swing instruction can help, but only up to a certain point. They are not going make, even the serious golfer a very low capper. A long with the good, there is a serious amount miscellaneous bs involved. The golfer needs to be smart enough to separate the good, from the bad information. 

Plus, what ever good progress that is made by the golfer, it is going to take a longer period of time, than if the golfer were to seek out qualified, in person swing instruction. The old "two steps forward, one step back" scenario. Even then, in person instruction can become a burden on on most folk's pocket books, due to the number of return visits required to that qualified instructor to get a full game of instruction. 

In the end, the aspiring golfer, will only get, what they put into golf instruction. The more work put in, the bigger the payday. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Note: This thread is 1731 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!