IGNORED

Hello from Ohio

Greg 504
Note: This thread is 1696 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Greetings from Central Ohio! I'm about a month back into golfing after not playing for about 17 years. I only played occasionally then, scrambles with guys from work, and terribly I might add! Hope this time around is much better!

Driver - Callaway Epic Flash, 3 Wood - Callaway Mavrik, 4 Hybrid - Callaway Big Bertha,

Irons - 5-AW Mavrik Pro's, Putter - Odyssey White Hot OG 1, Ball - Callaway Chrome Soft

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome fellow Ohioan! Similar situation with me. About a month back into it after only playing a handful of rounds in the ten years prior. I hope your return to the game as well as your coming to the forum are both positive experiences. Cheers!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

5 hours ago, Greg 504 said:

I'm about a month back into golfing

Welcome to TST! I feel like that every other year 😉

Nave

Welcome to TST

We have a decent number from the Buckeye state. As you can see I'm just a bit west of you.

One thing is for sure. You got a nice selection of courses around you. I know some of the guys played NorthStar last year.

Getting to know which courses fit you best is can help your restart go a bit smoother.

Thanks mcanadiens. I’ve only been playing a few small executive courses so far. I was invited a couple weeks ago to play north star but couldn’t make it. I’m hoping to play Blackhawk a few times this season as this is their final year! I am very fortunate to have several courses near me. Most of them are still quite intimidating. I hope as I get more consistent in ball striking, that feeling goes away. 

Driver - Callaway Epic Flash, 3 Wood - Callaway Mavrik, 4 Hybrid - Callaway Big Bertha,

Irons - 5-AW Mavrik Pro's, Putter - Odyssey White Hot OG 1, Ball - Callaway Chrome Soft

@Greg 504. Absolutely nothing wrong with hitting those executive courses to start. 

When I started seven years ago, I kind of wish my buddy had just let me stay on those sort of courses for a while instead of feeding me to courses I wasn't really ready for. 

Scout around for that next level course. Hopefully a regulation course that isn't too long and isn't too tight. Sort of the next rung on the ladder. 

Welcome to that party, Greg! Good to see so many Ohio guys here. I'm on the Kentucky side of the river, but basically Cincinnati. Took a surprise tour of Troy this weekend because 75 was closed in both directions and I was trying to make it back from Michigan. 

It would be nice to get everybody together for a round sometime.

48 minutes ago, weifert said:

Welcome to that party, Greg! Good to see so many Ohio guys here. I'm on the Kentucky side of the river, but basically Cincinnati. Took a surprise tour of Troy this weekend because 75 was closed in both directions and I was trying to make it back from the state up north

It would be nice to get everybody together for a round sometime.

I fixed that for you. ;-)

I was just thinking of setting up something in September for people in the area. Sounds like you would be interested.

- Shane

CarlSpackler, that could be a pretty good time! I still get nervous about my pace of play in large groups though. I don’t know why, seems everyone has been where I am now except for the very few naturally talented people. I’ve  quickly realized the progress is is somewhat slow with this game. 

4 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

Nice huh?

We got flush toilets and everything.

It was nice. My wife commented that she could live there. We like the downtown and the big old houses.

4 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

I fixed that for you. ;-)

I was just thinking of setting up something in September for people in the area. Sounds like you would be interested.

I'd be interested. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Greg 504 said:

CarlSpackler, that could be a pretty good time! I still get nervous about my pace of play in large groups though. I don’t know why, seems everyone has been where I am now except for the very few naturally talented people. I’ve  quickly realized the progress is is somewhat slow with this game. 

We’ve all been there. It’s a good time. I’ve always enjoyed meeting fellow TST members no matter what their level of play is. 

- Shane

17 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

We’ve all been there. It’s a good time. I’ve always enjoyed meeting fellow TST members no matter what their level of play is. 

Yeah. If @CarlSpackler will play golf with me. He'll play golf with anyone.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Yeah. If @CarlSpackler will play golf with me. He'll play golf with anyone.

Ole Carl isn’t playing so hot lately himself. Left foot is still hurting making it difficult to get my weight on it. 

- Shane

Welcome Greg! I also just recently got back into golf after 10 years away. 

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: XR-16 Driver 10.5° :callaway: Epic Flash 3W, Big Bertha Steelhead 5W

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

Note: This thread is 1696 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!