IGNORED

Kuchar Moving Lots of Loose Impediments

saevel25

Note: This thread is 1064 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Is he doing too much here???

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

"A good conversation is not designed to win the argument. It is designed to enjoy the exchange."

Matt "Dough", P.E.
My Game Golf Profile -
Click Here! (It's not a trap) fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: :srixon: (4-PW)
Wedges:
:edel: Trapper (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to Kuchar Moving Lots of Loose Impediments
  • Administrator
20 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

What happened to 40 seconds?

What about it? It's a "suggestion" more than anything.

And… you can move loose impediments, but there's a line, and he may have crossed it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instructor Development, 5 Simple Keys®/Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins • Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 • "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 • Penn-State Behrend Head Coach • • • • • • • • • • :aimpoint: :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | 5SK.com | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I believe the rules official(s) indicated that the waste bunker was filled with tiny pebbles (not sand) and therefore he was allowed to remove the loose impediments (pebbles).  Kuchar was permitted to excavate around his ball but I think he displayed extremely poor judgment in doing so.  He is a professional, on TV, and should have considered the image he was projecting.

His actions this year tell me he doesn't care about how others view him, which is fine.  I suspect his fan base has contracted significantly.

• Like 1

Brian Kuehn

1 hour ago, bkuehn1952 said:

I believe the rules official(s) indicated that the waste bunker was filled with tiny pebbles (not sand) and therefore he was allowed to remove the loose impediments (pebbles). 

You may now remove loose impediments from bunkers

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Rulesman said:

You may now remove loose impediments from bunkers

Was this a bunker or was it in the general area? (i.e. a "waste area"?)

Director of Instructor Development, 5 Simple Keys®/Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins • Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 • "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 • Penn-State Behrend Head Coach • • • • • • • • • • :aimpoint: :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | 5SK.com | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Was this a bunker or was it in the general area? (i.e. a "waste area"?)

Waste area...not a bunker.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

You know, a year or so ago, I was a fan of Matt Kuchar, but 2019 has not made me lose enthusiasm about him. 

• Like 2

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator
10 hours ago, Shindig said:

You know, a year or so ago, I was a fan of Matt Kuchar, but 2019 has not made me lose enthusiasm about him. 

I do not think you are alone in that.

Note: This thread is 1064 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!