IGNORED

TourStriker PlaneMate

iacas
Note: This thread is 1052 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

That's a lotta PlaneMates.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

That's a lotta PlaneMates.

Hopefully one of them is mine! 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

So if I preorder one now, it says availability date is Feb 24, I probably won't get one until like mid March?

The videos, the 7-day protocol, even if you don't have one, have a lot of good information.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

So if I preorder one now, it says availability date is Feb 24, I probably won't get one until like mid March?

The videos, the 7-day protocol, even if you don't have one, have a lot of good information.

Yeah, but maybe a bit earlier. Use the link earlier in the topic, and let me know if you do.

The eBay market is drying up, if you don't love it, though. 🙂

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I received mine today.  My son and I worked through the day 1 protocol.  I can see that this will help, but my son did better than I did hitting balls (plastic ones in the basement) than I did.  He hit almost every one crisply, whereas I mishit several. He said he noticed me doing some kind of weird double clutch takeaway that was probably affecting me. However when I took it off and hit with the ghost feels, I everything well.  Looking forward to the day 2 or maybe repeating day 1.

War Eagle!

I think I got FOMO or something, I bought one (through the link here) because after watching all the videos, the official ones and on social media, it looks like this aid might help me with the pivot, Key #4 and the short game. Looking forward to trying it out in March.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I think I got FOMO or something, I bought one (through the link here) because after watching all the videos, the official ones and on social media, it looks like this aid might help me with the pivot, Key #4 and the short game. Looking forward to trying it out in March.

Just don't let it encourage you to pull the handle low left.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 weeks later...

After a couple weeks of playing with this in the basement with plastic balls and half swings I got to use it outside hitting real balls into a net.

Full swings with the planemate on a PW felt good and even better when I took it off and hit a 9I.  

When I put the long green band on a 7I it was hard to make solid contact. That could be why they suggest using a tee which I was not doing.  However when I took it off and hit a 6I, it felt good.

The short band on the driver was also hard to use, but it felt ok without the band.

I feel like I am pivoting and finishing better. This is one of my bigger faults, so it is good to see it help with that. I need to be more deliberate with my practice with it. 

Today was the first time that I have ever hit balls in February.

War Eagle!

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, The Flush said:

The short band on the driver was also hard to use, but it felt ok without the band.

I think the short band is not for the driver, it's just for hip-high swings.

Just now, iacas said:

I think the short band is not for the driver, it's just for hip-high swings.

They have a video showing the short band on the driver. Claims that Darren Clarke told them that he likes the short band on the driver.

War Eagle!

• Administrator
1 hour ago, The Flush said:

They have a video showing the short band on the driver. Claims that Darren Clarke told them that he likes the short band on the driver.

Yeah, I think that can be good for little swings. I don't see myself ever using the short band on full driver swings.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is getting delivered Friday. I reviewed the 7 day protocol videos and remarkably it is very similar to the drills my Evolvr instructor has be doing. I'm excited to get started with it and reinforce all the other work I am doing.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Mine came today. Of course, it’s 22F out with 20 mph winds!😜

Undaunted, I set up a drop cloth in my basement and did the day 1 protocol hitting foam balls, and some real balls, into it. I had practiced the motions without the PlaneMate the last couple of days, so I would be ready. Doing this helped the learning curve.

Scott

My Swing Thread

I got notified it's coming today, was expecting delivery in mid March. Will try and do protocol 1 tonight.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

48 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I got notified it's coming today, was expecting delivery in mid March. Will try and do protocol 1 tonight.

I think you will like it. It works on the same thing you and I have been doing drills on this winter.

Scott

My Swing Thread

53 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I think you will like it. It works on the same thing you and I have been doing drills on this winter.

The box is so light, lol. I think that's a good thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

In one of the YT videos where setup is shown, there are two D rings and there are two pieces to the band. Mine is just one piece and one D ring, so I guess they've modified it since.

Steve

35 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

In one of the YT videos where setup is shown, there are two D rings and there are two pieces to the band. Mine is just one piece and one D ring, so I guess they've modified it since.

Mine is the same as yours. Works fine.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 1052 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!