IGNORED

Disney Golf

OoAaronoO
Note: This thread is 1535 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

disney course  

10 members have voted

1. 1. what course to play in disney? i can only play one round

• magnolia
    • palm
    • lake buena vista

I've never played LBV but between the other two, I like Magnolia better.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Agree.  Magnolia.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Admittedly I haven’t played them in  a while. Magnolia gets the hype for hosting a PGA tournament years ago. Magnolia took a beating one summer and burned up. They’ve since repaired it but I still find Palm to be a more enjoyable experience. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Or, if it’s an option, drive 25 minutes and play Panther Lake at Orange County National.  I think it’s much better than either.

In David's bag....

7 hours ago, David in FL said:

Or, if it’s an option, drive 25 minutes and play Panther Lake at Orange County National.  I think it’s much better than either.

Unfortunately driving isnt an option 

• iacas changed the title to Disney Golf
  • 1 month later...

OoAaronoO what course did you decide to play on? I am going to be heading to Disney in the Fall of 2020 and have the same questions as you do. 

-- Robert

In my bag: :ping:  G400 (10.5 degrees) | :callaway: Diablo Edge 5 Wood |:callaway: X-Hot 3 Hybrid | spacer.png 4 - PW Hybrid D350 Combo | :vokey:SM4 50, SM5 58, SM6 54 & 56 Wedges | :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 | :bushnell: Tour V4 Rangefinder | :bagboy:Defender Cart Bag

LBV... brings back memories!  I used to work at Disney as part of the “Magic Kingdom College Program” back in the 1980’s.

I worked 3-9 usually so my days were free.  I got the guys at LBV to store my clubs there because I had to use the college program bus and I could go from the course to work.

Played or practiced almost everyday there for the 6 months I was there.  Loved that course!!

6 hours ago, OoAaronoO said:

I played lake Buena vista. It was good but I played at the ledgends of orange lake... that blew disney out the water for half the price

You’ll note that none of us recommended LBV.  There was a reason for that...

In David's bag....

2 hours ago, David in FL said:

You’ll note that none of us recommended LBV.  There was a reason for that...

I still have no desire to play LBV.

One year I had an annual pass and played Oak Trail a bunch of times for free. That's a fun executive 9-hole course you can walk in 1:30 or less. Nice way to get out and play golf without really missing any family time at the parks.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

29 minutes ago, billchao said:

I still have no desire to play LBV.

One year I had an annual pass and played Oak Trail a bunch of times for free. That's a fun executive 9-hole course you can walk in 1:30 or less. Nice way to get out and play golf without really missing any family time at the parks.

I can name 4 or 5 $20 courses down here better than LBV...

I’m kind of curious why the OP asked for advice, and then completely ignored it.  

In David's bag....

As a frequent visitor to Florida, I have played all the Disney courses (including when they had Eagle Pines (?) (the Pete Dye designed course) and the other newer one (I forget the name but I think it was by Tom Fazio?).

Of all of them, I remembered at the time that I liked LBV the most; it was tighter, had some doglegs, some water to deal with and ran through some Vacation Club homes.  What I remembered about Palm and Magnolia is that most holes were straight, mostly wide open and it was essentially "bombs away".

I haven't stayed in that part of town for years (we now stay near UCF to avoid the tourist traps and the traffic), so therefore haven't played the Disney courses for years. I apologize if my recollection is wrong or fuzzy.

In that part of town, Orange Lake and Orange County offer lots of challenge for a lower price.  I have also heard good things about Celebration but I have not played it yet.

My Weapons of Grass Destruction:

:titleist: TS2 10.5*;  917F2 15*;  818H1 19*;  716 AP2 4-P;  Pro V1x

:vokey: SM7's - 50.12 F, 56.14 F, 60.08 M

:odyssey: Black Series 3

:footjoy:  :oakley: 

5 hours ago, paperclip said:

As a frequent visitor to Florida, I have played all the Disney courses (including when they had Eagle Pines (?) (the Pete Dye designed course) and the other newer one (I forget the name but I think it was by Tom Fazio?).

Of all of them, I remembered at the time that I liked LBV the most; it was tighter, had some doglegs, some water to deal with and ran through some Vacation Club homes.  What I remembered about Palm and Magnolia is that most holes were straight, mostly wide open and it was essentially "bombs away".

I haven't stayed in that part of town for years (we now stay near UCF to avoid the tourist traps and the traffic), so therefore haven't played the Disney courses for years. I apologize if my recollection is wrong or fuzzy.

In that part of town, Orange Lake and Orange County offer lots of challenge for a lower price.  I have also heard good things about Celebration but I have not played it yet.

Orange lake is in Kissimmee... if I remember correctly its lie 20-min or so drive 

5 hours ago, paperclip said:

My parents retired to Celebration and I visited annually. I haven't played the Celebration course in probably 15-20 years, but it was and likely still is a wonderful course. I'd played Osprey Ridge, the Tom Fazio course mentioned above, a few years earlier. Of the two, I much preferred Celebration. Orange County is nice as well. My favorite "close to Disney" course though was Falcon's Fire.

All good options if you're willing and able to travel a few miles, which the OP indicated wasn't possible. Personally, I'd reconsider that limitation.

I've started doing some research on area courses as I'll be coming down the end of March through first week of April and staying in Lake Buena Vista. I'd like to play some rounds when I come down, likely in the mornings. As a high handicapper, @David in FL, what would you suggest? I'll likely play several rounds of 9 holes and maybe a few 18 depending on how I'm feeling. At times, the heat and humidity limits my outdoor time with my health condition. I appreciate your input in advance.

Driver - Callaway Epic Flash, 3 Wood - Callaway Mavrik, 4 Hybrid - Callaway Big Bertha,

Irons - 5-AW Mavrik Pro's, Putter - Odyssey White Hot OG 1, Ball - Callaway Chrome Soft

• 1 month later...
Note: This thread is 1535 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!