IGNORED

Spooky Golf Stories, It's nearly Halloween

Mr Puddle
Note: This thread is 1638 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

As it's nearly Halloween ( a festival I particularly dislike) I thought it would be good if we could share some spooky or very coincidental stories. I have two

Monday just gone I played with the seniors. who meet up every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. The seniors handicap is 33% of club handicap. I played off of 11 and scored 31 stableford points. I was 15 out and 16 back. I was only beaten by one person who also had 31 points, but he had 18 on the back 9, thus beating me on count back. I played again today, and coincidentally I scored 31 points, 15 out and 16 back. Guess what, I was beaten by someone else who also scored 31 points and got 18 on the back 9. In it's self that is quite strange, but this is even stranger, both of them are called Dave Stevenson 

Some years ago a friend of mine went on a golfing trip to Spain. A chap he was playing with on the first day miss hit a ball, and it ended up perched on the top of a 20 foot tree. The next day the same player miss hit another ball which ended up perched on the top of the same tree next to ball he previously put up there the day before

I am sure you have your own, so let's hear them.

- Simon Hornsby

• Administrator

I don't think I have any sort of "spooky" golf stories. What would that even be?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was approaching the water’s edge on a par five to get to my ball. It was about 4’ from the edge on a slope, back to the water. Right after hitting my shot I heard a splash behind me, startled I jumped forward. When I looked back there was the head of a gator that looked to be about 6-8i’ in length. I’m not sure if he had just nabbed a meal or if he was actually making a go at me....but damn....

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

A group of teens sneak onto Spooky Hollows golf course to play a moon-lit match on Halloween.  One by one they are killed in gruesome yet oddly amusing ways.  By the 18th tee there are but two remaining.

Remaining golfer 1:  I'm not the killer...it must be you.

Remaining golfer 2:  That's funny...I was thinking the same thing.

Remaining golfer 1:  But...that must mean...

Remaining golfer 2:  Yeah.

Just then...groundskeeper Leo emerged from the shadows...carrying a chainsaw and a golf club.

Groundskeeper Leo:  Hey...one of you guys missing a pitching wedge?

Remaining golfer 1:  No...but that chainsaw looks familiar.

Remaining golfer 2:  Aha!

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

I've experienced the mystery of the vanishing golf ball. The shot is struck sweet and then, like a phantom in the night, they disappear into thin air (or trees, long grass, water, car parks, peoples gardens).

Either way it must be paranormal so let's get Zak Bagan on the case.

• Like 1

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

About 6 weeks ago I was possessed by a demon for more than two weeks. 

The odd thing was this demon only took over my body on the golf course and at the driving range. Most importantly, apparently this demon was total shite at golf. 

I desperately needed an exorcism. Originally I thought I would need to see an old swing coach AND a young swing coach.

"THE SPIRIT OF JACK COMPELS YOU!" … "THE SPIRIT OF JACK COMPELS YOU!" ...

Fortunately my possession was not so extreme. So, I got with my swing coach for a few lessons to banish the demon. 

The demon seems to be gone now, but every now and then I feel his presence as he tries to take me over again. Be wary my golfer friends. You can exorcise your golf demons for a period of time, but you never really know when they will be back. … Sometimes, the demon brings friends!

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

I've never been there personally, but Snow Hill Country Club in New Vienna, OH is said to be haunted. 

Part of the story as I recall, had it a stop on the underground railroad back in the slave days. 

6 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

I've never been there personally, but Snow Hill Country Club in New Vienna, OH is said to be haunted. 

Part of the story as I recall, had it a stop on the underground railroad back in the slave days. 

It IS HAUNTED! I'm sure of it. Played in a 4 person Nassau there one time and a bunch of money disappeared from my pocket. It just vanished!

But yeah, it's a great story.

Here's a link. 
Thanks for mentioning it. 

Edited by ChetlovesMer
  • Thumbs Up 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

A couple of years ago, before the flag stick rule change, we were playing on Halloween, the day after Mischief night.  I walk up to the flag on the 3rd hole.  Flag is stuck in the cup.  Pull harder - still stuck. Pulled with both hands - stuck.  Next player tries - stuck. Eventually we realized that some kids had super glued the flag into the cup.  Hope they had a hidden video camera of us pulling on that thing.  They also glued two other holes.

Funny thing, based upon our tee time we were the 15th or 20th group out that day.  After the round I was in the clubhouse and said to the staff, "just so you know.....".  Their response was, "some guys were in here earlier bitching about the flag sticks and we couldn't figure out what they were talking about."

Note: This thread is 1638 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!