IGNORED

Outdoor Practice Driving Net

Note: This thread is 947 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Good Afternoon Everyone! I am in the market for an outdoor practice driving net and i am looking for some recommendations. I have been doing some basic online research and would like to hear some pros and cons of what you are using. Thanks for all the help and have a great weekend.

-- Robert

In my bag: :ping:  G400 (10.5 degrees) | :callaway: Diablo Edge 5 Wood |:callaway: X-Hot 3 Hybrid | spacer.png 4 - PW Hybrid D350 Combo | :vokey:SM4 50, SM5 58, SM6 54 & 56 Wedges | :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 | :bushnell: Tour V4 Rangefinder | :bagboy:Defender Cart Bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This is what I have, a  Rukket 10x7ft net.    here.   I like it.  It's easy to set up, works great and is durable.   Mine is 3 years old and like new.

I just saw from my order from Amazon that it has a lifetime warranty!

Edited by dennyjones

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

10 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

This is what I have, a  Rukket 10x7ft net.    here.   I like it.  It's easy to set up, works great and is durable.   Mine is 3 years old and like new.

I second the Rukket net recommendation. I’ve been using one for about 6 months now and it’s holding up very well.

I haven’t had to take it down yet, but assembly was very simple and I imagine disassembly would take no more than 5 minutes.

I hit off a tiny mat (also rukket). The mat is okay, but I can see the turf fibers starting to get torn up so I’m looking to upgrade to a full size higher quality mat soon. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Thanks for all the great info. THe Rukket net is on the top of my list!

-- Robert

In my bag: :ping:  G400 (10.5 degrees) | :callaway: Diablo Edge 5 Wood |:callaway: X-Hot 3 Hybrid | spacer.png 4 - PW Hybrid D350 Combo | :vokey:SM4 50, SM5 58, SM6 54 & 56 Wedges | :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 | :bushnell: Tour V4 Rangefinder | :bagboy:Defender Cart Bag

I have that Rukket net also. It took about 1 year to blow a hole through it hitting about 100 balls per day on average into it. 4 iron right into my garage door. In retrospect, I should have inspected the net at some point before that happened. I contacted them and they sent me a brand new net without question. I hung a trimmed piece of the original net in front of the new net so it lasts longer this time.

1 hour ago, KoHo said:

I have that Rukket net also. It took about 1 year to blow a hole through it hitting about 100 balls per day on average into it. 4 iron right into my garage door. In retrospect, I should have inspected the net at some point before that happened. I contacted them and they sent me a brand new net without question. I hung a trimmed piece of the original net in front of the new net so it lasts longer this time.

Great idea.   Thanks for the suggestion.  It's nice to know they stand behind their product.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I have this Rukket, it's great.

RUKK100_IMAGE_3_1200x630.jpg?v=157443650

FOOLPROOF POP-UP SETUP: The golf net opens from a 32" circle to 10ft x 7ft x 5ft golf net in SECONDS! USE REAL GOLF BALLS: Rukket Tough Netting (knotless 4 ply 3/4 inch inside netting). Unlike other golf nets the...

Ping G30 SF TEC
Ping G25 3w
Ping G Red Dot +1/4" irons - 6,7,8,9,W,U,SW, LW
Ping G30 3H
Ping G25 4H
Ping Scottdale TR B60
Callaway Supersoft

I am also looking at the Net Playz golf practice Auto return 10 x 10 net. Has anyone used this one? See link below on the details from Amazon:

Net Playz Golf Practice net

Edited by RoberX
miss spelling

-- Robert

5 hours ago, cnl390 said:

I have this Rukket, it's great.

RUKK100_IMAGE_3_1200x630.jpg?v=157443650

FOOLPROOF POP-UP SETUP: The golf net opens from a 32" circle to 10ft x 7ft x 5ft golf net in SECONDS! USE REAL GOLF BALLS: Rukket Tough Netting (knotless 4 ply 3/4 inch inside netting). Unlike other golf nets the...

I also have this net and I like it a lot. It's very easy to set up and break down once you get the hang of it. I ripped the bottom of mine from setting it up on concrete all the time and it still works fine.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• 1 year later...
On 12/30/2019 at 8:06 AM, KoHo said:

Well I've officially blown threw the front net piece. Good thing is the main net looks good so the whole double net thing is definitely working...

Regarding Rukket - their netting gets beat up pretty fast, and eventually will break. I can easily wear a hole in mine after 1-2 months. Previously they offered a lifetime warranty so they would send out new netting essentially no questions asked. However, their warranty policy changed, and the frame is now guaranteed for life, but the netting is not. I think the netting is 6 months now.

So just make sure to hit enough balls to get a hole in the net after 6 months, or do what I do - hang a target cloth over the face of the net to prevent the fibers from fraying/breaking when catching the balls. Eventually the synthetic fabric starts to deteriorate from weather/UV exposure, but I've gotten over 6 months out of my latest net so far doing this, but it is in dire need of replacement now.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• 6 months later...
On 3/12/2021 at 1:30 PM, KoHo said:

Well I've officially blown threw the front net piece. Good thing is the main net looks good so the whole double net thing is definitely working...

Just put a second hole in my pre-net and the main net is still going strong with no signs of wear.

Note: This thread is 947 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!