IGNORED

LPGA: The Good Ole Days? Have You Stopped Watching?

Indy1954
Note: This thread is 1507 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Final point then I'm out of here for a while.

Tiger is +5, next to last place standing on 17th Tee. THey showed him hit his tee.

You have to show players fans want to see even if they're stinking the course up.

For Me I do not want to watch the LPGA when the leaderboard is full of Asian names and they are the only players they show, I want to see some N. American, Canadian, European, Aussy, etc players.

TO Trucker

You said "You don't find the players of today more attractive". You really find LPGA's top player InBee attractive?

13 minutes ago, TRUCKER said:

Yes they did, Annika Sorenstam.

don't forget Lorena Ochoa, her and Annika. Loved to watch both they were great players.

8 minutes ago, TRUCKER said:

What's so funny?

You comparing Annika to Tiger. I’ve already addressed the issue above. She hasn’t even made a cut in a men’s event. However, even if you are making a relative to her respective tour argument, that still fails. Annika was amazing but she had nowhere near the impact on the game, let alone the skill, that Tiger had or has (even relative to her tour). 

@TRUCKER, hell, most girl golfers still say Tiger is their favorite player even. Or Rory or someone like that if they don’t pick Lexi. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, Indy1954 said:

The point of this thread is to stop the decline of the LPGA and filling the leaderboard with Asian players and only showing their play is not the answer

That’s a dumb argument. It’s merit-based. Come off it already. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Indy1954 said:

Final point then I'm out of here for a while.

Tiger is +5, next to last place standing on 17th Tee. THey showed him hit his tee.

You have to show players fans want to see even if they're stinking the course up.

For Me I do not want to watch the LPGA when the leaderboard is full of Asian names and they are the only players they show, I want to see some N. American, Canadian, European, Aussy, etc players.

TO Trucker

You said "You don't find the players of today more attractive". You really find LPGA's top player InBee attractive?

don't forget Lorena Ochoa, her and Annika. Loved to watch both they were great players.

🤔...She has a nice plump look...🤷‍♂️

Still in last place and they show TIGER teeing off 18.

You'll never see anything like that on the LPGA

Fan appeal is the name of the game and the LPGA better brighten up or the LPGA will soon be nothing but Asian golfers.

FWIW, most of the Asian born players live in the US now. I enjoy watching the best players. Tiger is an exception. He’s the GOAT.

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Just now, Indy1954 said:

Still in last place and they show TIGER teeing off 18.

You'll never see anything like that on the LPGA

Fan appeal is the name of the game and the LPGA better brighten up or the LPGA will soon be nothing but Asian golfers.

Where did Tiger’s fan appeal come from? It came from the best golf we’d ever see. Tiger gets his due even when playing poorly because he’s a legend of the game and we won’t have him playing forever. There is no Tiger in the ladies’ game. Hence, your fan appeal argument fails. 

3 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

That’s a dumb argument. It’s merit-based. Come off it already. 

That's the problem, people do not want to hear the truth.

Jan Stevenson was Spot on when she addressed the problem years ago.

4 minutes ago, Indy1954 said:

The point of this thread is to stop the decline of the LPGA and filling the leaderboard with Asian players and only showing their play is not the answer

What if everyone on the LPGA tour wore a mask and you couldn't tell their ethnicity?  And changed all their names to something white-anglo-saxon for scoreboard purposes.

• Like 1

LMAO,,,,dead last and showing Tigers approach shot to the 18th......

Point well made, you have to show what fans want to see.

And for LPGA fans you have to show the popular players along with the leaders to keep your fans satisfied. I refused to watch the LPGA until they realize that. I want to see Cristi, Stacy, Henderson, Lexi, Wei, etc. . And even Julie even if they're playing bad

Edited by Indy1954

2 minutes ago, Indy1954 said:

LMAO,,,,dead last and showing Tigers approach shot to the 18th......

Point well made, you have to show what fans want to see.

And for LPGA fans you have to show the popular players along with the leaders to keep your fans satisfied. I refused to watch the LPGA until they realize that.

Annika is Swedish. 

I still watch the lpga on occassions. Their game is more familiar to me, yardage per club wise. I suspect it's like that for alot of amateurs. 

Lately though I have been watching channel 477 on the Pluto streaming service. They show previously played tournaments, and nothing but golf shots. Mostly short game stuff. There are commentators, but you never see then. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I also liked to watch Cory Webb, shes not American but was popular. Anika and Ochoa was not American and loved to watch them. When the LPGA puts a quota on Foreign players then it may regain its old status.

Note: This thread is 1507 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!