IGNORED

Club Champion Customer Support

Note: This thread is 1395 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well I get the opportunity to check out Club Champion's customer support.   On my M4 8 iron, the plastic insert near the toe came out today during the round.  I called and was directed to their headquarters, I'm guessing in Chicago.    I was told to take the club to Detroit and they would replace the club.   I'm hopeful..

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

Lack of communication makes me uneasy.   I dropped off my iron on 3/10.    I tried to call to get a status check yesterday, one week later.    It's impossible to call the Detroit Club Champion, it directs you to their headquarters in Chicago.  I was promised a return call yesterday.   Nothing.  It's not like I'm going to play this weekend though.

4 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Lack of communication makes me uneasy.   I dropped off my iron on 3/10.    I tried to call to get a status check yesterday, one week later.    It's impossible to call the Detroit Club Champion, it directs you to their headquarters in Chicago.  I was promised a return call yesterday.   Nothing.  It's not like I'm going to play this weekend though.

You can’t call an individual location?!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

52 minutes ago, David in FL said:

You can’t call an individual location?!

No... all calls are directed to Chicago.   I did get a cell phone for the guy in Detroit though.  I left a message. I'm waiting for a call back again today.

On 3/9/2020 at 3:58 PM, dennyjones said:

On my M4 8 iron, the plastic insert near the toe came out today during the round.

Is it a polymer fill for one of the face slots? I had a set of TaylorMade irons with them and they came out on a couple of clubs. It seems to be common. Doesn't affect performance AFAIK.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Just now, dennyjones said:

The fill came out about 1/8" while I was playing and was cracked. 

0318201531.jpg

Yup, happened to me on two clubs (4i and 7i, I think). I didn't care enough to get them repaired or anything. I'm pretty sure it's the slot itself that's supposed to give the performance benefit and not the polymer fill.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 minute ago, billchao said:

Yup, happened to me on two clubs (4i and 7i, I think). I didn't care enough to get them repaired or anything. I'm pretty sure it's the slot itself that's supposed to give the performance benefit and not the polymer fill.

thanks..

1 minute ago, dennyjones said:

thanks..

Sorry :beer:

Hope you hear from them soon.

• Like 1

Bill

My Swing Thread

• 2 months later...

Well, an update.   

I've called April 24th and received no answer.  I figured it was still early in the pandemic.   

After calling, I received an email on May 28th.  "Taylor Made is back up and running, so we should have the replacement head for you soon. I'll try to get you a specific update from our Warranty dept today."    Nothing, not even crickets...

I called June 8th, no answer.    I called and talked to the head office in Chicago.   I was promised that they would look into the issue and get back with me within a day.  That was four days ago.    I tried calling today and after waiting on the phone for 1 hour left a call back number.

I realize that the pandemic is causing all kinds of troubles with business but still.   I feel like I'm being ghosted by them.  

18 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Well, an update.   

I've called April 24th and received no answer.  I figured it was still early in the pandemic.   

After calling, I received an email on May 28th.  "Taylor Made is back up and running, so we should have the replacement head for you soon. I'll try to get you a specific update from our Warranty dept today."    Nothing, not even crickets...

I called June 8th, no answer.    I called and talked to the head office in Chicago.   I was promised that they would look into the issue and get back with me within a day.  That was four days ago.    I tried calling today and after waiting on the phone for 1 hour left a call back number.

I realize that the pandemic is causing all kinds of troubles with business but still.   I feel like I'm being ghosted by them.  

Take off the cummerbund, return the limo, return the tux and go have a beer. It’s over.🙂

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

17 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

At least he won't have to wipe cake off his face.  Oh, wait a minute...

too funny!☺️

• iacas changed the title to Club Champion Customer Support
  • 2 weeks later...

Another update:

Here's my tale:

3/10 dropped off 8 iron
3/17 called Rob (Detroit) no answer
3/18 called Rob no idea about the club
3/19 called Adam (Detroit) no answer
4/24 called Adam no answer
5/18 email from Adam:Taylor Made is back up and running, so we should have the replacement head for you soon. I'll try to get you a specific update from our Warranty dept today.  

6/8 called Adam no answer
6/8 called Club Champion Chicago - talked to Joe Montahan 
6/13 called Club Champion Chicago - talked to another person (?) said to elevate the issue to Adam in Warranty 

6/23 called Club Champion Chicago - talked to Brenda who stated she'd have to check with Adam to see if he's sent the club in for warranty work.   When I asked for a phone number and a name in their warranty department, there was not a phone number available.   I asked to speak with her boss, Ryan.   He was out to lunch at 4:00pm EST.   I asked if I could expect a phone call back today and she assured me he would get in touch with me today.

It doesn't look good for our hero!  

1 hour ago, dennyjones said:

Another update:

Here's my tale:

3/10 dropped off 8 iron
5/18 email from Adam:Taylor Made is back up and running, so we should have the replacement head for you soon. I'll try to get you a specific update from our Warranty dept today.  

6/13 called Club Champion Chicago - talked to another person (?) said to elevate the issue to Adam in Warranty 

6/23 called Club Champion Chicago - talked to Brenda who stated she'd have to check with Adam to see if he's sent the club in for warranty work.   When I asked for a phone number and a name in their warranty department, there was not a phone number available.   I asked to speak with her boss, Ryan.   He was out to lunch at 4:00pm EST.   I asked if I could expect a phone call back today and she assured me he would get in touch with me today.

Dumb & Dumber is such a FUNNY movie...Lauren Holly is a SMOKESHOW....nuff said.

spacer.png

I did get a call back from Brenda.  It seems that a 8 iron head was shipped to Detroit last week.   She said she'll follow up.   It sorta made my day..

2 hours ago, dennyjones said:

Another update:

Here's my tale:

3/10 dropped off 8 iron

• Like 1

Bill

My Swing Thread

High prices command high expectations for customer service. Very disappointing. My guess is they will not be with us for very long. There is one here. A friend who has trouble breaking 100 went there can back $4000 lighter, nice shafts I may add. Still cannot break 100.

Note: This thread is 1395 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!