Jump to content
IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic


iacas

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I think it’s way to early to get rid of the mask mandate. 

Agreed.  There should still be a mask mandate for those unvaccinated.  But how can you tell?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Agreed.  There should still be a mask mandate for those unvaccinated.  But how can you tell?

You know, being vaccinated… I don’t give a crap to wearing a mask. What am I, 12 years old throwing a tantrum. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Administrator
28 minutes ago, David in FL said:

As of last week, in cases per 100,000, Florida ranks at 22 of 50. Pretty much in the middle of the pack.

Convenient. Scroll back and you'll find other statistics, facts, that paint Florida in a much worse light than "average."

28 minutes ago, David in FL said:

On another positive note, it looks like the CDC has finally come to their senses with respect to masks.

It's not a matter of "coming to their senses." It's a matter of the fact that enough responsible people, good members of society, have seen fit to get vaccinated, and that the situation is different now than it was in December. Or last May.

Have you been vaccinated, @David in FL?

28 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Something I’m sure most people are happy about.  I know the official line is “for those fully vaccinated”, but given that nobody is going to be demanding proof of jab from every person not wearing a mask, I think it stands to reason that the masks are coming off for almost everyone, in most places.

So, unvaccinated people are not only debatably lousy members of society, but also quite likely to lie about their vaccination status?

Cool.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I see no problem with a business requiring patrons to show proof of vaccination  if they don't want to wear a mask, the only ones who will not like it are the people who wont get vaccinated and dont want to wear masks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Administrator
Just now, flopster said:

I see no problem with a business requiring patrons to show proof of vaccination  if they don't want to wear a mask, the only ones who will not like it are the people who wont get vaccinated and dont want to wear masks.

I didn't have to get tested at the NCAA National Championship (nor did one of my players) because we were both well beyond our two-weeks-post-second-shot date. We had to show proof, and then we got to skip the every-other-day testing that everyone else had to undergo.

Same deal here, basically.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, flopster said:

I see no problem with a business requiring patrons to show proof of vaccination  if they don't want to wear a mask, the only ones who will not like it are the people who wont get vaccinated and dont want to wear masks.

But that proof of vaccination needs to be more than a fake/counterfeit shot card.  Those are too easy to replicate.  And will put the rest of us in jeopardy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

52 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I think it’s way to early to get rid of the mask mandate. 

I agree only because there is some segment of the population who probably have issues taking the time for the shot and then the potential time off, and I think that the mandates should continue.  Although at some point we will only be dealing with people who won’t get vaccinated, as opposed to those who have had problems scheduling it.

however the underlying reasoning is sound.  Unvaccinated people seem to not need them, per the research, and people who are resistant are causing problems with the mandates.   This doesn’t mean that individual businesses and indoor places can’t require masks, which most people abide by as well.  I know several people who don’t take the virus seriously, but follow the rules with masks because they don’t want to cause a fuss.    

Edited by imsys0042
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

17 minutes ago, iacas said:

 

Have you been vaccinated, @David in FL?

 

Not yet.  
 

Until we know more about the efficacy of the vaccine, any long-term side effects there might be, whether the vaccine will remain effective against variants of the virus as they occur, and how often a booster or completely new vaccine will be necessary, and to what degree being vaccinated prevents being able to spread the virus, I’ll volunteer to stay on the control group side of this particular clinical trial.  You’re welcome.  🙂 

Once we get some good answers, I’ll cheerfully get it if it makes sense.  As I have other vaccines...

 

25 minutes ago, iacas said:

 

So, unvaccinated people are not only debatably lousy members of society, but also quite likely to lie about their vaccination status?

More likely they consider their own medical history to be nobody else’s business.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 minutes ago, imsys0042 said:

I agree only because there is some segment of the population who probably have issues taking the time for the shot and then the potential time off, and I think that the mandates should continue.  Although at some point we will only be dealing with people who won’t get vaccinated, as opposed to those who have had problems scheduling it.

however the underlying reasoning is sound.  Unvaccinated people seem to not need them, per the research, and people who are resistant are causing problems with the mandates.   This doesn’t mean that individual businesses and indoor places can’t require masks, which most people abide by as well.  I know several people who don’t take the virus seriously, but follow the rules with masks because they don’t want to cause a fuss.    

Get the damn shot!   (Just being a curmudgeon)  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

49 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I think it’s way to early to get rid of the mask mandate. 

I am a bit confused on the new mask mandates. Since I have been vaccinated they say I don't have to wear a mask? Can I go shopping without a mask, or should I be concerned about close quarters with other shoppers? Church? Restaurants? I haven't looked over the new guidelines close enough yet, but I just got back from CVS and I continue to wear my mask.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, David in FL said:

Until we know more about the efficacy of the vaccine, any long-term side effects there might be, whether the vaccine will remain effective against variants of the virus as they occur, and how often a booster or completely new vaccine will be necessary, and to what degree being vaccinated prevents being able to spread the virus, I’ll volunteer to stay on the control group side of this particular clinical trial.  You’re welcome.  🙂 

Once we get some good answers, I’ll cheerfully get it if it makes sense.  As I have other vaccines...

Oh David in FL... that is totally a lineup of excuses not to get the vaccine.  If somebody had a foolproof way of hitting your drives longer and straighter, but it was unproven, and it was working for so, so many, would you try it?!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Get the damn shot!   (Just being a curmudgeon)  

Couple of people I know have trouble with getting child card and are worried they’ll be too wiped from the after effects and there might be people who are worried about losing hourly wages.  The people I know in that case are taking it seriously, wearing masks and distancing, etc….   For some time I think we should not let up as we need to protect those who want the vaccine but haven’t been able yet.

after that, it really comes down to the fact that we need to get as many people vaccinated as possible and everyone needs to get onboard for the good of all.

and it’s good to be a curmudgeon about this !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Not yet.

Color me surprised. </sarcasm>

2 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Until we know more about the efficacy of the vaccine, any long-term side effects there might be, whether the vaccine will remain effective against variants of the virus as they occur, and how often a booster or completely new vaccine will be necessary, and to what degree being vaccinated prevents being able to spread the virus, I’ll volunteer to stay on the control group side of this particular clinical trial.  You’re welcome.

That's the utter BS I would have expected, yep.

2 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Once we get some good answers, I’ll cheerfully get it if it makes sense.  As I have other vaccines...

We have good answers to all of those questions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, Billy Z said:

I am a bit confused on the new mask mandates. Since I have been vaccinated they say I don't have to wear a mask? Can I go shopping without a mask, or should I be concerned about close quarters with other shoppers? Church? Restaurants? I haven't looked over the new guidelines close enough yet, but I just got back from CVS and I continue to wear my mask.

Wearing a mask is like protecting against a duck hook.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, Double Mocha Man said:

Wearing a mask is like protecting against a duck hook.

Lol, I have my share of duck hooks, so.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, imsys0042 said:

Couple of people I know have trouble with getting child card and are worried they’ll be too wiped from the after effects and there might be people who are worried about losing hourly wages.  The people I know in that case are taking it seriously, wearing masks and distancing, etc….   For some time I think we should not let up as we need to protect those who want the vaccine but haven’t been able yet.

after that, it really comes down to the fact that we need to get as many people vaccinated as possible and everyone needs to get onboard for the good of all.

and it’s good to be a curmudgeon about this !

imsys... you are being so reasonable!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Oh David in FL... that is totally a lineup of excuses not to get the vaccine.  If somebody had a foolproof way of hitting your drives longer and straighter, but it was unproven, and it was working for so, so many, would you try it?!

As long as it didn’t involve injecting something that we don’t understand the extent of the side affects yet...  🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo after clicking this link. For Mevo+, click this link or the image above.
  • Posts

    • Lucky start today   Wordle 223 2/6 🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
    • Stealth driver. Probably won't be seeing it for a good while yet by the sounds of it.
    • Great advice Dave Thanks! Once I get done building our house, our next overseas golf trip is planned to be this area and I never thought of arriving anywhere but Dublin, my ignorance. Mahalo!
    • Day 23: Mirror work today. Still working on set up - knees bent and hips over my heels. 
    • Hey folks I run a golf group that needs a new name.  I want to expand it to other markets, but our old name is trademarked and the guy who owns the trademark won't budge on it.   We started as Winnipeg Beginner Golf - this scared away more experienced golfers and scared courses when we booked tee times Then we became Winnipeg Not So Pro Golf - Great name but trademarked apparently Now we want to start doing tournaments and so need a new name.  We have settled on Shoot for Par as the first part but need to know if its worth adding something on the back end like am golf tour or otherwise.   Mediocre Golf Association beat me to it with a great name so here we are.  Here's our mission what would you call the organization if it used the words Shoot For Par in the title.   Our mission is to provide tournament & casual round experiences for amateur golfers of all genders and ability levels, guided by a commitment to giving back to the community, building camaraderie and encouraging lifelong health and wellness.
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. 99prblms
      99prblms
      (39 years old)
    2. CalcuttaLive
      CalcuttaLive
      (36 years old)
    3. Chipster
      Chipster
      (52 years old)
    4. CollinsJordan
      CollinsJordan
      (42 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...